ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>Marvel - Black Widow
Sure-Oz 08:41 AM 12-03-2019
New teaser

@MarvelStudios: "I’m done running from my past." Watch the new teaser trailer for Marvel Studios’ #BlackWidow. In theaters May 1, 2020.

https://youtu.be/RxAtuMu_ph4
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Harbour looked really slimmed down in that vid. He must gain weight to look more frumpy for Stranger Things
He weighed 280 at the start of filming Black Widow and recently got back down to his more normal weight of 220.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:54 AM 07-17-2021
He must have been taking ALL the steroids and/or HGH to play Hellboy
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:17 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
He must have been taking ALL the steroids and/or HGH to play Hellboy
:-)

I think that was a combo of prosthetics and VFX, like Vision, Hulk, et al.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:19 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is exactly why PVOD is here to stay.

My oldest wanted to see the film in a theater but after checking, two tickets would have cost $37 dollars, then $4 dollars for parking and another $15 or so for popcorn and drink, not to mention, 3 to 4 hours out of my day.

So, I could have either spent $56 dollars for two people to see it once or $29.99 to watch it as many times as I'd like, and we've already watched it 3 times.

I'm so used to watching these kinds of movies at home and have come to enjoy it more than theaters, especially when there people that just can't put down their ****ing phones.
While it makes sense with the explanation you outline, it is actually different here. I saw the movie in DX at the theater for $8.50 with no cost for parking. I'm not a big fan of popcorn and watered down drinks so I pass on those.

One thing I agree on...I would love to be able to smash the phones for people who think the rules about "no cell phones " don't apply to them.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:12 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Harbour looked really slimmed down in that vid. He must gain weight to look more frumpy for Stranger Things
I think he probably lost the weight for the new season of Stranger Things, if you remember where his character left off.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:00 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I think he probably lost the weight for the new season of Stranger Things, if you remember where his character left off.
In the same place his other character was rescued from.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:02 PM 07-17-2021
Which reminds me of my only gripe about the movie, and it's a slight one. I thought Black Widow was supposed to be much older than the impression I got from this movie. I didn't think she was supposed to be a child in 1995 when they were undercover in Ohio.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:04 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Which reminds me of my only gripe about the movie, and it's a slight one. I thought Black Widow was supposed to be much older than the impression I got from this movie. I didn't think she was supposed to be a child in 1995 when they were undercover in Ohio.
Yeah, it was implied in the first Avengers that she was around and aware during the fall of the USSR. I suppose she could have been like, 5 years old when it fell, but she definitely would have been younger than I thought.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:15 PM 07-17-2021
Didn't Cosmic Red Skull in Endgame say she was born in 1984?
[Reply]
listopencil 04:51 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah, it was implied in the first Avengers that she was around and aware during the fall of the USSR. I suppose she could have been like, 5 years old when it fell, but she definitely would have been younger than I thought.
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Didn't Cosmic Red Skull in Endgame say she was born in 1984?
Her age has now been retconned. I just checked the MCU wiki: https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...ki/Black_Widow

...and it has her as being born on 12/03/84.

If you look on wikipedia you'll find this: "...the character debuted in Tales of Suspense #52 (April 1964)." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...tasha_Romanova)

The version of her character that I like is her as a child of a crumbling, war torn Europe who grew into an elite Soviet agent.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:33 PM 07-17-2021
The version of her character that I like is her as a child of a crumbling, war torn Europe who grew into an elite Soviet agent.
They definitely made a reference to that in the original Avengers, but the line was vague enough it could now be argued that she saw the Soviet Union crumble at as a small child.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:12 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
They definitely made a reference to that in the original Avengers, but the line was vague enough it could now be argued that she saw the Soviet Union crumble at as a small child.
I understand why they do stuff like this to make the character fit into a modern story. They froze Cap to get around it. The other guys made Wonder Woman live through it all, and just ignore Batman's history. The original Black Widow is a better character to me though.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:20 PM 07-17-2021
I understand why they do stuff like this to make the character fit into a modern story. They froze Cap to get around it. The other guys made Wonder Woman live through it all, and just ignore Batman's history. The original Black Widow is a better character to me though.
I want to say I was also imagining her in kind of a Soviet era espionage situation when she talked about getting shot by the Winter Soldier.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:08 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It’s late AF so I’ll keep it brief for now: it was bad ass. It’s super tightly edited with some amazing fight and action sequences. The movie is really taught, with no wasted scenes or fillers.

The casting is fantastic as usual. ScarJo was great, Rachel Weisz was really convincing (she’s always so good but I haven’t seen her in a role quite like this), Florence Pugh was very good but David Harbour stole all of his scenes. Just really great all around, including the great Ray Winstone.

I can’t really compare it to any of the other Marvel films. At times, it felt like a later Mission Impossible film due to the editing and music but it was so much “smaller” in scope, which really served it well.

I’m looking forward to watching it again and definitely stick around for the end credit scene.
I loved it. I'll probably go see it once more in theaters. That first like 20 min I was thinking damn this is dark. Only gripe is I wanted more Taskmaster but thought it was great. I am very much looking forward to more Yelena.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:49 PM 07-19-2021
Just finished! I thought it was awesome! Loved the ending scene during credits! Awesome addition to the MCU!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up