ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 71
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:05 AM 06-24-2021
I find it somewhat confusing that Oscar Isaac has been cast as Moon Knight but will also voice a Multiverse version of Spider-Man.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:48 PM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Is that a Punisher version of Spider Man??
Looks like Spidey 2099.

When it came out a Marvel universe 100 years in the future...
[Reply]
Rausch 05:50 PM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I find it somewhat confusing that Oscar Isaac has been cast as Moon Knight but will also voice a Multiverse version of Spider-Man.
He's an actor Dane.

What I found confusing were two actors playing brother and sister in one movie and husband and wife in another like 30 days later...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:39 PM 06-24-2021
Emil Blonsky returns
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:47 PM 06-24-2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:50 PM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
He's an actor Dane.
Yeah but he's not a voice actor. No matter what role he's hired to play, he always sounds like Oscar Isaac.

I just think it was an odd choice to hire him as an alternate universe Spider-Man when he's starring in the MCU TV series Moon Knight as a completely different character.

But, this is Sony I'm talking about and not Disney/Marvel, so...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:51 PM 06-24-2021
FWIW, I'm pretty stoked about Shang-Chi and I'll be really interested in how those characters fit into the next phase of the MCU.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:53 PM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FWIW, I'm pretty stoked about Shang-Chi and I'll be really interested in how those characters fit into the next phase of the MCU.
Looks too wuxia for me. Should of taken from its character inspiration, the Bruce Lee movies from the 70s.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:02 PM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Looks too wuxia for me. Should of taken from its character inspiration, the Bruce Lee movies from the 70s.
That's fine and all but you're talking about films from 50 years ago.

80% of Marvel's audience wasn't even alive to see those films and they certainly didn't look like what's being produced today.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:44 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I would assume that Skaar would have been conceived off-screen when Hulk was on Sakaar.

The part that doesn't make sense to me is that a Skaar storyline would need to focus more on Hulk than She-Hulk. You can't have Skaar show up and Hulk be like, "hey She-Hulk can you take care of this for me? I got shit to do." Unless Skaar is just a supporting character and not an antagonist. Or maybe using the Infinity Stones ****ed Hulk up more than we realize?

Or wait, wasn't She-Hulk supposed to be sort of a legal comedy? Maybe She-Hulk defends Banner in a paternity suit.
I love all you guys finding explanations and such that make sense buttttttt

The movies and shows are just going to say "when Hulk snapped his fingers it left traces of his gamma all over the universe, some of which gained sentience and was raised by whoever to become..."

I mean there's 100 ways to do it, none of them have to make sense, or will make sense, and if the acting and stories are good enough, nobody but the "Everything Wrong With ____" video people will care.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:54 PM 07-02-2021

Christopher McDonald talks about getting hired for Marvel's Secret Invasion, the show's overall secrecy and its upcoming production start date.https://t.co/b6rlXAPlhT pic.twitter.com/EXhcXjblTy

— Comic Book Resources (@CBR) July 3, 2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:26 PM 07-05-2021

Hugh Jackman spent an hour shooting the shit with me at 3am on The Wolverine set about hurricanes, horses, broadway, and his love and respect for Kevin Feige who took him out for dinner back when he auditioned for the first X-Men, praising his kindness. Decades later on Insta... pic.twitter.com/LuTvWSs60x

— Rob Keyes (@rob_keyes) July 5, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 08:32 PM 07-05-2021
I mean.....would they seriously?

>5% chance
[Reply]
Jamie 11:08 PM 07-05-2021
As neat as it would be, I hope it's just for Multiverse of Madness. I'd prefer more of a fresh start for the X-Men in the MCU. Even if they were doing a JK Simmons thing, Jackman is 52, I can't imagine he'd do more than a couple of appearances.

Wait, something just occurred to me. A few years ago Marvel did a story arc where an alternate version of Old Man Logan became stuck in the present day Marvel Universe. Something like that might make some sense here...
[Reply]
Bowser 09:05 AM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
As neat as it would be, I hope it's just for Multiverse of Madness. I'd prefer more of a fresh start for the X-Men in the MCU. Even if they were doing a JK Simmons thing, Jackman is 52, I can't imagine he'd do more than a couple of appearances.

Wait, something just occurred to me. A few years ago Marvel did a story arc where an alternate version of Old Man Logan became stuck in the present day Marvel Universe. Something like that might make some sense here...
Are you talking about Secret Wars 2015? IIRC, OML made it into the main Marvel universe through that vessel (and for anyone that is an X-Men or Wolverine fan, if you haven't read the graphic novel Old Man Logan, do it sooner than later and thank me later). I think it would be amazing to pull Jackman's Wolverine into the MCU universe along with the entire cast of X-Men, if even for a brief cameo during Multiverse of Madness. Personally I feel they are going to introduce the MCU's version of mutants through the upcoming Eternals movie (where they are going to be forced to recast most if not all of the X-Men to make it work, and I'm pulling for Wes Chatham to be the next Logan). The story of the Celestials and their purpose is tailor made to get mutants into the story.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 71
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up