ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 69
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:03 AM 10-09-2020
Would give Disney an MCU character in the same demographic as Spider-Man. Something they don't have at the moment, and I'm sure Disney is looking for some younger super-heroes to go with their darker/more mature catalog.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:06 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
For me, Tom Holland has been absolutely pitch perfect as Spider-Man. The cast has been absolutely perfect, the movies light-hearted and fun yet heavy at times. The relationship between Iron Man and Spider-Man feels so real and is so endearing that I forget that I’m watching a Super Hero movie. And of course, the banter and relationship between Happy, Aunt Mae and Peter has been a blast to watch.

The only “complaint” I have about the Holland-led Spider-Man films is that most likely, we won’t see Jake Gyllenhall again, who based on his performance, would have been the perfect guy to lead the Avengers into their next phase, obviously as a different character.

His performance was fantastic, IMO, and is right up there with RDJ, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo’s best performances in the MCU.

Maybe if Wanda warps reality, we’ll see Gyllenhall return but as Tony Stark, Ariel not many could pull off, especially after RDJ, but based on Far From Home, Gyllenhall would be the perfect fit, IMO.
Gyllenhaal absolutely nailed Mysterio.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:13 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Would give Disney an MCU character in the same demographic as Spider-Man. Something they don't have at the moment, and I'm sure Disney is looking for some younger super-heroes to go with their darker/more mature catalog.
Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Kate Bishop, the second Hawkeye, all fill that void.

It'll be interesting to see who's cast as Moon Night.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:08 PM 10-09-2020
Maybe not as much with she-hulk. Maslany is 35 and the character is a lawyer.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:51 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Maybe not as much with she-hulk. Maslany is 35 and the character is a lawyer.
I had no idea she’s 35.

I’ve never read any of these comics so I’m excited for them all, especially since they’re going to be in Phase 5. Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman, which would be interesting, too.

For some reason, the new show that is most intriguing to me is Moon Knight, only because it sounds like a cool concept.

I like Batman, but just like with Superman, I’ve had enough if the same old characters on film and TV for the past 50+ years.

Give me something new instead of the same old, same old Riddler, Joker, Penguin, Zod and Lex Luther.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:58 PM 10-09-2020
Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Kate Bishop, the second Hawkeye, all fill that void.

It'll be interesting to see who's cast as Moon Night.
She-Hulk is way too old. Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye COULD definitely fill that void too, but neither of them do. Sony has the only "teenage superhero" selling movie tickets. I think Ironheart would be an easier sell since she comes from the Stark background and is a cooler character IMO.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:01 PM 10-09-2020
I had no idea she’s 35.

I’ve never read any of these comics so I’m excited for them all, especially since they’re going to be in Phase 5. Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman, which would be interesting, too.

For some reason, the new show that is most intriguing to me is Moon Knight, only because it sounds like a cool concept.

I like Batman, but just like with Superman, I’ve had enough if the same old characters on film and TV for the past 50+ years.

Give me something new instead of the same old, same old Riddler, Joker, Penguin, Zod and Lex Luther.
I'm definitely excited for Moon Knight. Great character.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:04 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
She-Hulk is way too old. Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye COULD definitely fill that void too, but neither of them do. Sony has the only "teenage superhero" selling movie tickets. I think Ironheart would be an easier sell since she comes from the Stark background and is a cooler character IMO.
Well, both Ms. Marvel and Kate Bishop are teenagers and they’re going to be in the Phase 5 films so hopefully, the audience connects with them on the small screen.

Sony is doing Spider-Woman next with Olivia Wilde.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:36 AM 10-10-2020
Well, both Ms. Marvel and Kate Bishop are teenagers and they’re going to be in the Phase 5 films so hopefully, the audience connects with them on the small screen.

Sony is doing Spider-Woman next with Olivia Wilde.
Ahhh, I hadn't seen that they were part of phase 5. Guess we'll see!

I can get behind Olivia Wilde in a skin tight suit. lol
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:52 PM 10-26-2020
Oscar Isaac in talks to become Moon Knight and if so, this series should be awesome.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ght-for-disney

Oscar Isaac in Talks to Star in Marvel's 'Moon Knight' for Disney+

Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s 'Umbrella Academy' adaptation, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team.

Oscar Isaac is in negotiations to topline Moon Knight, the latest Marvel series for Disney+. The dealmaking sets up a return for Isaac to the four-color world of Marvel, as he played the blue-skinned titular villain in Fox’s 2016 Marvel movie, X-Men: Apocalypse. Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s comic book adaptation Umbrella Academy series, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on Moon Knight.

Moon Knight has had a winding road in the comics since debuting in 1975’s Werewolf by Night #32. Moon Knight is Marc Spector, an ex-marine turned mercenary who had multiple alter egos that allow him to better fight crime. These alternate personas include cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant. In the later comics, he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu, while, recently, he was a consultant who dresses in all-white and goes by the name Mr. Knight. Most writers who have tackled Moon Knight in recent years have depicted him as a character with multiple personalities and a fractured mental state. If a deal makes, the casting of Moon Knight will close out the top billing of the final run of Marvel originals for Disney+ and follows Tatiana Maslany coming on board to lead She-Hulk, and newcomer Iman Vellani to star in Ms. Marvel.

Those series join a growing roster of shows Marvel Studios has in the works for Disney+. WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, is set to debut later this year. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, and Tom Hiddleston's Loki are both working to complete production after facing COVID-19 related shutdowns in the spring. Isaac is well-known for his work in the genre space with leading roles in the latest Star Wars trilogy, Annihilation and Ex Machina, as well as in prestige fare like Inside Llewyn Davis. He also made an uncredited post-credits cameo in the Oscar-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as fan-favorite hero Miguel O'Hara. He next appears in Denis Villeneuve's adaptation of Dune, now set to open Oct. 1, 2021, and is prepping to shoot James Gray's Armageddon Time.

Isaac is repped by WME, Inspire Entertainment, and Goodman Genow.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:56 PM 10-26-2020
Nice. Never heard of Moon Knight but sounds interesting. Oscar Issac is always good.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:14 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Nice. Never heard of Moon Knight but sounds interesting. Oscar Issac is always good.
Marvel Batman.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:46 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I kind of doubt they'll introduce this character as suffering from multiple personality disorder but Isaac is such a great actor that it'll be cool to see him take on multiple personas in this series.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:10 PM 10-26-2020
Jeremy Slater attached doesn't give me warm and fuzzies, but I like Oscar Issac.

There's been a lot of Obi Wan talk lately too.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:58 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Marvel Batman.
Completely psychotic, to boot!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 69
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up