ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 232
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213 > Last »
The Gonzo Lounge>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:56 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
the game is only like this at the moment, the farther we get into the game it wont be us drafting based on previous seasons. We'll be having rookie drafts without them ever playing a snap
Exactly.

When you don't know the outcomes in trying to put together your pass protection, this will change a TON.

You try to manipulate this engine to where someone like Jason Pierre Paul is getting double-digit sacks against teams comprised of OL's assembled with the benefit of hindsight and in the future it'll be damn near impossible to move the football.

The SIM is fine. Clay just cries a lot.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:10 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
the game is only like this at the moment, the farther we get into the game it wont be us drafting based on previous seasons. We'll be having rookie drafts without them ever playing a snap
Yeah, that's going to be the fun part. When your team takes some injury hits and you've got gaps to fill and you're squinting at draft sheets trying to figure out who's going to be good when they're just coming out of college.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:12 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, that's going to be the fun part. When your team takes some injury hits and you've got gaps to fill and you're squinting at draft sheets trying to figure out who's going to be good when they're just coming out of college.
Filling up depth is going to be so damn hard.

Trying to find a guy to play Nickel CB from you while sifting through the 50th man on NFL rosters to see who could end up getting playing time will be a chore. And not only do they need playing time, they need to not suck.

The number of Rashad Fentons that slide under the radar will be unreal.

And I'm looking forward to someone drafting a Davis Webb sort, giving him a 5 year deal as a 1st round quarterback and then watching him go in the 3rd and then be out of football 2 years later.

Though in some ways the amateur draft will be easier than finding veteran depth.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:18 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Filling up depth is going to be so damn hard.

Trying to find a guy to play Nickel CB from you while sifting through the 50th man on NFL rosters to see who could end up getting playing time will be a chore. And not only do they need playing time, they need to not suck.

The number of Rashad Fentons that slide under the radar will be unreal.

And I'm looking forward to someone drafting a Davis Webb sort, giving him a 5 year deal as a 1st round quarterback and then watching him go in the 3rd and then be out of football 2 years later.

Though in some ways the amateur draft will be easier than finding veteran depth.

Yeah, an advantage in the rookie draft will be that you know how at least one NFL team valued a guy, so it helps with risk management. But like the NFL, the key will be figuring out how to avoid the busts and find the value. It seems easy when you're not the one doing it.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:43 PM 12-17-2019
I'm curious to see how the conversation re: pass rush here translates to my team. I don't have any elite pass rushers, but have been working to build up solid tacklers at all levels of my defense. I guess I feel like if getting home isn't a consistent safe bet, I might as well minimize the damage after catch and be strong v. the run.

I have Jordan Hicks, De'Vondre Campbell, and Bud Dupree in my linebacker corp. Just picked up Budda Baker who I'll use at free safety. He's listed as a CB in the game, so I'm excited to lock him up long term at a discount once he makes that switch.

My starting D-line is Chris Jones, Gerald McCoy (who PFF has really liked this season), and Derek Wolfe.

On paper it feels good...but it's hard to really know how good it really is when you're looking at 24 teams v. 32.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:06 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wouldn't say there are 'no-names'.



Kerrigan has been a good player for a long time. He's also an OLB so I suspect he's getting sent on blitzes a LOT. And you can have a 'scheme' win on a blitz.



Ford, Mack and Donald seems about right. Littleton and Brown are LBs who are also getting sent on blitzes.



Mario Addison is the only 'odd' name in there but he's been low-key among the most consistent pass-rushers in football over the last 3-4 years. He's not a great player, but he's a pretty solid pass rusher.



Just seems to me like the game plays pretty correctly in that a team that has 5 solid starting caliber OL ISN'T going to give up much pressure at all to 4 man fronts. How often does a team truly just send 4 and get there with their DL?



It happens, but it's gonna happen a LOT less in a league that starts 120 offensive lineman instead of 160 AND gives you the benefit if hindsight in picking who those lineman will be.



You're gonna have to scheme pressure, IMO. Things will change going forward as nobody will know how their OL performed and whether or not they stayed healthy, etc.... So you'll have a more 'true' simulation because you're gonna be playing against teams that are going to have to start dudes who were backups in the NFL or even street free agents. Then you'll have your guys get your numbers.



But expecting DL to just straight up beat quality starters every week at the same rate they are in the NFL against a thinner talent pool is just ignoring the advantages we had in assembling our rosters.

Addison had a 4-sack performance for me a couple games ago that boosted his numbers.

Itís not unheard of. Adrian Clayborn recorded 6 sacks in a game once upon a time and that dudeís buns.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:07 PM 12-17-2019
Clay really is just a crybaby ass bitch. You can tell dude was an only child.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:09 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Your secondary barely even qualifies as 'bad'. It's friggen trash.
This isn't true at all. Two solid corners, ballhawk safety....other safety position is mediocre but it's more than good enough with my elite DL.

In any case, there is a giant gap in DL production vs talent on my team.

Bad sim.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:10 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Clay really is just a crybaby ass bitch. You can tell dude was an only child.
I have two siblings.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:11 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For the record, JPP didn't even qualify as a GOOD pass-rusher last season when viewing his advanced metrics. He was adequate at best. That dude just isn't very good.
He had 12.5 sacks dumbass.

And there is NO reason Cam Heyward should be sackless at this point.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 05:27 PM 12-17-2019
Also, do we know how many abandoned teams there are in the second league? I'll start trying to fill some spots once we have a number.

I'm ready for that thing to get kicked off so we can have the same level of discussion in here about that league as I'm seeing for the first league.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:30 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I have two siblings.
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:34 PM 12-17-2019
And by the way, it's not JUST my D-line.

It's also the fact that Brees is an INT machine, despite my excellent OL and stud receivers and running game, and Kelce and one of my best deep threats are averaging less than 10 yards per catch.

It's just not realistic.

It's OK. It's hit or miss. The misses are currently pissing me off and wrecking my championship-caliber squad.

I could accept a couple more picks than IRL or a few less sacks or a few less yards, but the vast chasms currently existing here are not realistic or fun.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 05:42 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And by the way, it's not JUST my D-line.

It's also the fact that Brees is an INT machine, despite my excellent OL and stud receivers and running game, and Kelce and one of my best deep threats are averaging less than 10 yards per catch.

It's just not realistic.

It's OK. It's hit or miss. The misses are currently pissing me off and wrecking my championship-caliber squad.

I could accept a couple more picks than IRL or a few less sacks or a few less yards, but the vast chasms currently existing here are not realistic or fun.

Why are you such a garbage head coach that all these future hall of famers can't get their shit together?
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:43 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Also, do we know how many abandoned teams there are in the second league? I'll start trying to fill some spots once we have a number.

I'm ready for that thing to get kicked off so we can have the same level of discussion in here about that league as I'm seeing for the first league.
I think there are four or five spots that are being autodrafted right now, so if you know folks, feel free to refer them to us.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 232
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213 > Last »
Up