ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Movies or TV Shows you've NEVER watched but everyone else has
scho63 02:37 PM 01-06-2023
A short time ago someone was asking about watching shows and when I told them, "no I've never watched that", they were apoplectic as if I had just killed their kid. It stunned them.

The movie was "It's a Wonderful Life." I have nothing against it and I watch plenty of black and white movies but I have never had a desire.

It made me think of others and what blockbusters people have assumed you watched. ( I can say 99% of the people who never saw the Godfather are women)

It's probably grown a lot since of all the streaming shows now for people who don't have certain subscriptions.

Some others that quickly come to mind:
1. Game of Thrones
2. The Walking Dead
3. All the Harry Potter franchise
4. Citizen Kane except small parts-didn't interest me
5. Gone with the Wind
6. Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul (However I plan to eventually binge both)
7. Vampire related movies after "The Lost Boys"
8. Schindler's List
9. Saving Private Ryan
[Reply]
Jenson71 12:42 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've seen all of them except for Sound of Music. My favorites are Star Wars and Doctor Zhivago. Actively despise Gone With The Wind and Avatar. The rest range from excellent to overrated to meh.

Surprised that Jaws isn't on the list. It's gotta be right up there.
Jaws is at #13. Here's the remaining top 30 can be found here: https://www.yahoo.com/now/30-highest...162231238.html

of which, I've only seen 6-7, including Jaws.

Sound of Music: it's the kids, isn't it? The smallest ones have only minor roles, with the teenage love story being the main focus amongst the kids. The movie is terrific, though if anyone is put off by musicals in general, I can't imagine this would be an exception. At first blush, it may seem like a rosy, feminine, overlong affair, and to an extent, all of that is true, but it also has Salzburg, Nazi-intrigue, a thrilling climax, and so many iconic songs (the least of which is probably the title song).
[Reply]
Frazod 12:43 PM 01-08-2023
I don't generally watch shows about drugs or criminals. Movies are fine, but to watch a series that goes on and on, I just don't care. As a result, I've never watched shows like Breaking Bad or the Sopranos. Just not my cup of tea.

And there's only one example of this that I can thing of, but I don't give a fuck about degenerate gamblers, either. There was a show on HBO several years ago called Luck, about degenerate gamblers betting on horse races. I made it through about half of the first episode.

And if a show is set in Chicago, or about lawyers, I'm not watching it. Because I worked in Chicago for lawyers for decades, and fuck Chicago and lawyers. I guess the only exceptions to this are old Law and Order episodes and Married With Children.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:49 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Jaws is at #13. Here's the remaining top 30 can be found here: https://www.yahoo.com/now/30-highest...162231238.html

of which, I've only seen 6-7, including Jaws.

Sound of Music: it's the kids, isn't it? The smallest ones have only minor roles, with the teenage love story being the main focus amongst the kids. The movie is terrific, though if anyone is put off by musicals in general, I can't imagine this would be an exception. At first blush, it may seem like a rosy, feminine, overlong affair, and to an extent, all of that is true, but it also has Salzburg, Nazi-intrigue, a thrilling climax, and so many iconic songs (the least of which is probably the title song).
I don't mind SOME musicals, particularly historical sweeping epics like Les Miserables and Miss Saigon. I've seen Les Miserables several times live. Actually saw Phantom of the Opera in a front row seat on Broadway. Sound of Music might be something I'd enjoy, but I don't really have any particular desire to do watch it.
[Reply]
blake5676 04:04 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
The Wire
You should reconsider this one. Twenty years later and I still firmly believe it is a masterpiece. The best series ever created IMO.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:38 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by blake5676:
You should reconsider this one. Twenty years later and I still firmly believe it is a masterpiece. The best series ever created IMO.
I concur as well.

Still my favorite show of all-time.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:45 PM 01-08-2023
Yeah, I watched The Wire for the first time a few years back. It’s dated now, but it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:12 AM 01-09-2023
I missed out on Breaking Bad, just never made time for it for whatever reason
[Reply]
srvy 09:40 AM 01-09-2023
I enjoyed Breaking Bad but strangely never could get started with Better call Saul.
[Reply]
scho63 11:22 AM 01-09-2023
Several times I wanted to binge The Wire and some time constraints prevented it.

I need to revisit this.

Never heard a single person do anything other than rave about it.
[Reply]
blake5676 11:59 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I missed out on Breaking Bad, just never made time for it for whatever reason
Highly entertaining show. I certainly understand it's appeal and ranking in modern television lore but I've never considered it one of my favorite shows ever. Maybe sneaking into my top 10.

Originally Posted by scho63:
Several times I wanted to binge The Wire and some time constraints prevented it.

I need to revisit this.

Never heard a single person do anything other than rave about it.
You gotta pay attention, so watch it with no distractions. I know that can be said about many shows. But The Wire doesn't have main characters. Technically, the main character is the city of Baltimore, but it all ties together so perfectly. You'll have 10+ characters that are your favorite by the time it's all over.
[Reply]
Donger 12:50 PM 01-09-2023
Any Star Trek TV series besides STTNG with the recent exception of Star Trek Picard.
[Reply]
notorious 01:02 PM 01-09-2023
Highly entertaining show. I certainly understand it's appeal and ranking in modern television lore but I've never considered it one of my favorite shows ever. Maybe sneaking into my top 10.

You gotta pay attention, so watch it with no distractions. I know that can be said about many shows. But The Wire doesn't have main characters. Technically, the main character is the city of Baltimore, but it all ties together so perfectly. You'll have 10+ characters that are your favorite by the time it's all over.
The Wire is a tough one. I tried a couple times to get into it only to lose interest.

Finally made it through the first 4-5 episodes and man it's awesome.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:16 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
Any Star Trek TV series besides STTNG with the recent exception of Star Trek Picard.
Ooofff, you picked the wrong one. Star Trek Strange New Worlds is terrific.

I am on the struggle bus trying to get through the 2nd season. It's a total slog for me so far.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:51 PM 01-09-2023
Big Bang....pure garbage TV

American Bachelor Voice with the Stars idol ...all those shit shows

Harry Potter
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:15 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
The Wire is a tough one. I tried a couple times to get into it only to lose interest.

Finally made it through the first 4-5 episodes and man it's awesome.
I didn't stop but I definitely remember having to force myself to stick with it for a few episodes. Glad I did!

Honestly, that is not uncommon anyway. I actually did stop watching Game of Thrones after four episodes or so. I only picked it back up because people raved about it. Glad I went back to that one too.

Weird how that works though..
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up