ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Media Center>Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
RunKC 10:24 AM 12-24-2022
Just dropped on Netflix yesterday after being in theatres since last month.

Anyone else enjoy this movie? I thought Knives Out was a solid enjoyable film. This one was fun for me too.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Jenson71 11:11 PM 12-27-2022
The first one was better.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:14 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The fact that you think a tweet means he cares is ****ing hilarious.

Lebron cares about Lebron. That first tweet was just another example of him literally making everything about himself and putting the focus on him.

Good empathetic people do not respond the way he did in the 2nd tweet (and pretend it never happened after).
I would also suggest these posts say far more about how you feel about LeBron than how LeBron feels about black people getting regularly killed by police in this country.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I would also suggest these posts say far more about how you feel about LeBron than how LeBron feels about black people getting regularly killed by police in this country.
9 unarmed black people killed a year is hardly "regularly", and even a good chunk of those are justified (see Mike Brown).

But according to Lebron they're "hunting" black people. I'm sure you take zero issue with that rhetoric as well.

JFC you're the epitome of an NPC.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:21 AM 12-28-2022
I think I liked it a bit more than the first one, but I'll have to rewatch the first one to be sure. I do agree that the ending of this one was a little much, but decent watch overall.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:31 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
9 unarmed black people killed a year is hardly "regularly", and even a good chunk of those are justified (see Mike Brown).
Complete non-issue, I'm sure. There definitely isn't a history of police violence in this country towards blacks at all.

Originally Posted by :
JFC you're the epitome of an NPC.
That still might be among the nicer things you've called me in this thread. And Elon Musk is still an idiot, I'm afraid.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:18 AM 12-28-2022
I just casually watched the debate. I'm scoring this one as a lopsided victory for staylor. You propogate all the negative stereotypes about KU people I've heard, KC Connection. Citing Lebron was a low point for you.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:23 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I just casually watched the debate. I'm scoring this one as a lopsided victory for staylor. You propogate all the negative stereotypes about KU people I've heard, KC Connection. Citing Lebron was a low point for you.
It's "propagate." Also, I didn't cite LeBron.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:34 AM 12-28-2022
It's "propagate." Also, I didn't cite LeBron.
Fair enough you got me there. English major?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:14 AM 12-28-2022
So as I was saying, just not a big fan of this guy always drudging up culture war bullshit into his movies.
[Reply]
scho63 07:51 AM 12-28-2022
So Glass Onion is a movie about LeBron? :-)
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:03 AM 12-28-2022
I was entertained.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:09 AM 12-28-2022
Its getting a triple double on Rotten Tomatoes
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:47 AM 12-28-2022
I don't think we've had an ol' fashioned thread throwdown like that since Milkman's time (not counting DC, of course).
[Reply]
unlurking 08:55 AM 12-28-2022
I enjoyed it. While the ending was a bit of a let down, I did find it pretty funny. The ending gave me a rare double laugh, getting to appreciate Benoit's slam on Miles' puzzle box from a different perspective.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 12-28-2022
Complete non-issue, I'm sure. There definitely isn't a history of police violence in this country towards blacks at all.

That still might be among the nicer things you've called me in this thread. And Elon Musk is still an idiot, I'm afraid.
Never said that , but it is completely overblown, hence why you have to invoke history to deflect from the facts.

And it's definitely not an excuse for Lebron James to be an asshole with zero ACCOUNTABILITY.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up