ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
RunKC 10:24 AM 12-24-2022
Just dropped on Netflix yesterday after being in theatres since last month.

Anyone else enjoy this movie? I thought Knives Out was a solid enjoyable film. This one was fun for me too.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:18 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Because you can't really defend the indefensible (Musk's idiotic behavior with respect to Twitter), now can you? What you can do instead is make ad hominem attacks at those pointing out that he has behaved like a moron.

Bizarre stuff here. Do you think I needed the TV/media to read Elon Musk's tweets for me?
Because there's literally no point in arguing about things like this with NPCs such as yourself.

You're just another useful idiot.

I have absolutely no desire to try to persuade people like you. I'm sure it would go as well as a Jordan/Lebron debate.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:20 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because there's literally no point in arguing about things like this with NPCs such as yourself.

You're just another useful idiot.

I have absolutely no desire to try to persuade people like yourself.
And yet you got immediately triggered by my calling Elon Musk an idiot to the point of repeatedly calling me names, so you clearly have some desire to do so.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:21 PM 12-27-2022
And yet you got immediately triggered by my calling Elon Musk an idiot to the point of repeatedly calling me names, so you clearly have some desire to do so.
Nobody is triggered. I called a spade a spade.

Again, if this were about Musk, why didn't I have a similar response to Chiefspants? Clearly, I have no issue with somebody criticizing the guy if it comes off as an original thought/take.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:27 PM 12-27-2022
Nobody is triggered. I called a spade a spade.
You've now made a half dozen posts in this thread calling me names because I called Elon Musk an idiot. Seems triggered to me. I'm sure Elon is glad to have people still whiteknighting like this though.

Originally Posted by :
Again, if this were about Musk, why didn't I have a similar response to Chiefspants? Clearly, I have no issue with somebody criticizing the guy if it comes off as an original thought/take.
Because, again, you can't actually defend Elon's behavior when it is set out in detail. It's why, I imagine, you didn't respond to my initial post to you calling me a name pointing out the various ways he's acted like an idiot (buying Twitter at a ridiculously overinflated price for no reason, getting sued to fulfill his Twitter contract which ultimately led to him backing down just before a trial he would lost, embarrassing himself regularly on his own platform while engaging in the same sort of censorship that he criticized only a few months ago, etc.).
[Reply]
staylor26 06:32 PM 12-27-2022
You've now made a half dozen posts in this thread calling me names because I called Elon Musk an idiot. Seems triggered to me. I'm sure Elon is glad to have people still whiteknighting like this though.

Because, again, you can't actually defend Elon's behavior when it is set out in detail. It's why, I imagine, you didn't respond to my initial post to you calling me a name pointing out the various ways he's acted like an idiot (buying Twitter at a ridiculously overinflated price for no reason, getting sued to fulfill his Twitter contract which ultimately led to him backing down just before a trial he would lost, embarrassing himself regularly on his own platform while engaging in the same sort of censorship that he criticized only a few months ago, etc.).
The fact that you think that what Elon is doing is remotely near as bad as what was going on before goes to show you're either misinformed or just disingenuous.

Has he been perfect? No. Has he lived up completely to his word? No.

But he's absolutely been far better than the previous regime, and that's really not debatable.

You aren't setting shit out in detail. It's the same old one sided BS with links from propaganda outlets that have it out for Musk now.

I guarantee you gave zero fucks about the censorship before Elon. You just care about the little itty bitty bit that Elon has done, because again, you were told to.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:48 PM 12-27-2022
The fact that you think that what Elon is doing is remotely near as bad as what was going on before goes to show you're either misinformed or just disingenuous.
Never said anything like this. You're projecting your own political biases onto me.

Originally Posted by :
Has he been perfect? No. Has he lived up completely to his word? No.
That's certainly a nice way of saying he's been a hypocritical idiot.

Originally Posted by :
But he's absolutely been far better than the previous regime, and that's really not debatable.
He could be. We'd probably need more time than this to know. Again, I haven't said anything about that though.

Originally Posted by :
You aren't setting shit out in detail. It's the same old one sided BS with links from propaganda outlets that have it out for Musk now.
No clue what this is in reference too. I don't watch the news media or read "propaganda outlets." What I have done is read his tweets and followed the lawsuit with respect to his purchase of Twitter. Turns out that a person's own words and actions can tell you a lot about them.

Originally Posted by :
I guarantee you gave zero fucks about the censorship before Elon. You just care about the little itty bitty bit that Elon has done, because again, you were told to.
I give zero fucks about it now too. It's his business now, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it (even drive it into the ground, which appears to be his current choice) just like the last people who owned it did.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:02 PM 12-27-2022
You literally said "same sort of censorship".

Clearly implying that nothing has changed, and Elon is just as bad as the last regime in regards to censorship.

It's not even remotely close dude, and the fact that you don't understand this is exactly why I'm calling you an NPC.

The fact that you admittedly "give zero fucks" is just further proof that your take on Musk is artificial. You don't really care, you're just responding to the situation like you were told to. You didn't have a take on it until one was given to you.

And your lack of acknowledgement that most of the people that Elon censored, and the media, are by far the biggest hypocrites in this situation is also a perfect example.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:13 PM 12-27-2022
You literally said "same sort of censorship".

Clearly implying that nothing has changed, and Elon is just as bad as the last regime in regards to censorship.
Never implied such a thing. Again, you're projecting here.

Originally Posted by :
The fact that you admittedly "give zero fucks" is just further proof that your take on Musk is artificial.
Not sure what me giving zero fucks about Elon Musk censoring speech he doesn't like on the platform he owns has to do with me calling him an idiot. One isn't mutually exclusive of the other.

Originally Posted by :
And your lack of acknowledgement that most of the people that Elon censored, and the media, are by far the biggest hypocrites in this situation is also a perfect example.
I don't give a fuck about the people he censored. Ultimately, it's his platform and his rules (even those that are made up on a whim and run counter to everything he's said previously about "freedom of speech").

I will say that there's a certain irony in you calling others NPCs when your mind/world view appears to be completely warped by politics.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:16 PM 12-27-2022
You're right, "same sort of censorship" doesn't imply that at all.

Just like "same sort of crime" would be an appropriate way to compare somebody who stole a pack of gum to somebody that robbed a bank at gun point.

You're clealry just being disingenuous now. Like I said, a complete waste of time.

Either that, or you are completely aware just how little you paid attention to this stuff until you were told to.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:21 PM 12-27-2022
You're right, "same sort of censorship" doesn't imply that at all.
It doesn't. Elon Musk would have to be doing similar things for years to come close to the previous administration in that regard. He's sure making a good start at it though.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:22 PM 12-27-2022
You're a leftist who made a quick turn of Elon Musk over the "last year and in particular the last few months" but it has nothing to do with politics?

[Reply]
staylor26 07:23 PM 12-27-2022
It doesn't. Elon Musk would have to be doing similar things for years to come close to the previous administration in that regard. He's sure making a good start at it though.
Complete and utter bullshit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:27 PM 12-27-2022
You're a leftist who made a quick turn of Elon Musk over the "last year and in particular the last few months" but it has nothing to do with politics?
I see now we're making accusations of "quick turns" on Elon Musk without any evidence. I would hope that Elon Musk acting like a complete idiot was plainly obvious to people on both sides of the political spectrum, but I suppose you never know.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:29 PM 12-27-2022
Complete and utter bullshit.
Making up rules to restrict speech and banning accounts on a whim when he got upset was a good start in that regard? :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 07:30 PM 12-27-2022
I see now we're making accusations of "quick turns" on Elon Musk without any evidence. I would hope that Elon Musk acting like a complete idiot was plainly obvious to people on both sides of the political spectrum, but I suppose you never know.
I found it amusing it that he wrote it long before Elon Musk exposed himself to be a total idiot the past year (and particularly the past few months).
Which coincides with every single other leftist turning on him over that same time span.

Just a coincidence though, right?

[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up