ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>Tulsa King (Paramount +)
PurpleJesus28 03:12 PM 11-19-2022
[IMG][/IMG]

Surprised there isnt already a thread for this.I watched the first episode,i think its good so far.Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:14 PM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
this screams DAD TV.
Man, you've really hit the nail on the head on why I've avoided shows like this. Just feels like a more premium CBS kind of show.
[Reply]
scho63 05:50 PM 12-21-2022
I just watched the first two episodes - it's GREAT!

My free movie stream server is overloaded so I have to wait to watch more episodes. I'm hooked.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:52 PM 12-21-2022
I'm hesitant to start this because this screams DAD TV.

Is there actually intelligent writing and good acting or is it just action schlock with Law and Order level writing?
If dad tv is all tv not about superheroes. Then i guess im a dad.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:08 PM 12-21-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If dad tv is all tv not about superheroes. Then i guess im a dad.
You may very well be a dad but DAD TV has nothing to do with or about superheroes.

IMO... there is really one specific group of people that would be drawn to watching a program featuring a 76 year old action movie star whose best roles have been as a fighter of one sort or another.

Dads.

/MASH is a great example of DAD TV but one that I love.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:37 AM 12-22-2022
You may very well be a dad but DAD TV has nothing to do with or about superheroes.

IMO... there is really one specific group of people that would be drawn to watching a program featuring a 76 year old action movie star whose best roles have been as a fighter of one sort or another.

Dads.

/MASH is a great example of DAD TV but one that I love.
Dad TV has a certain connotation that implies that it's dumbed down.

The demographic who will typically like 1/ something with Stallone and 2/ a mafia piece are obviously going to be a certain demographic of 40y+ men.

Most 40y+ men are dads.

Does that make it 'Dad TV'? Westerns are similarly geared toward that demographic, and I don't think those fall into 'Dad TV,' do they?

I don't watch any shows on network television because they always feel dumbed down to me. And I've similarly had trouble watching some stuff on Paramount+ for the same reason. This though feels like it's struck a nice balance.
[Reply]
scho63 02:36 PM 12-29-2022
Just watched episode 7.

Love this show!
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:39 PM 12-30-2022
Show has been pretty good, if a bit on the predictable side in the writing. Lot of major plot stuff you can see coming a thousand miles away.

Just hope they wrap it up nice and don't try to string this along over multiple seasons. It feels like a one and done story, and considering Stallones age, it's probably for the best.
[Reply]
scho63 10:34 AM 01-01-2023
The last episode had the most predictable scene when Chickie went to church and spoke to the priest. You knew were it was going after that.

Also Andrea Savage is hot!

Stallone's daughter can act pretty well and nice to look at.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:33 PM 01-01-2023
So is this airing on the Paramount Network? YouTube TV recorded the first two episodes for me then nothing else.

Did I screw up the recording or am I going to have to get Paramount Plus for it?
[Reply]
scho63 10:59 PM 01-01-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So is this airing on the Paramount Network? YouTube TV recorded the first two episodes for me then nothing else.

Did I screw up the recording or am I going to have to get Paramount Plus for it?
You don't need Paramount Plus, you need scho63

Make sure you have Malware and Antivirus. It works great. All 8 episodes.

https://ww7.0123movie.net/movie/tuls...630854430.html
[Reply]
philfree 11:35 PM 01-01-2023
I'm digging the show but I don't think Oklahoma has legal weed and if they did people wouldn't be smoking weed in the dispensary.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:10 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
I'm digging the show but I don't think Oklahoma has legal weed and if they did people wouldn't be smoking weed in the dispensary.
I think they have medical. Pretty sure it’s on 3 sides of Kansas.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:04 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
The last episode had the most predictable scene when Chickie went to church and spoke to the priest. You knew were it was going after that.

Also Andrea Savage is hot!

Stallone's daughter can act pretty well and nice to look at.
I would say, the FBI agent pushing the informant to get more information off the biker gang leader was the most predictable scene. Sure just mosey into the back room and get the files off the laptop what could go wrong?
[Reply]
scho63 11:01 AM 01-02-2023
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I would say, the FBI agent pushing the informant to get more information off the biker gang leader was the most predictable scene. Sure just mosey into the back room and get the files off the laptop what could go wrong?
Yup, that was in the next episode. When a show becomes predictable, it goes downhill.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:27 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
They do.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up