ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 73
« First < 18586465666768 69707172 > Last »
Hall of Classics>I’m leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.

I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)

[Reply]
Rain Man 12:50 AM 05-01-2021
We'd like to thank everyone for participating in patteeu's "leaving forever" thread.

Here’s the story: patteeu had a terminal illness and knew that his remaining time was short. He joked with a few of us who knew him about how it would be funny to post a "leaving forever" thread once he could no longer post. After he passed away, we thought it would be a nice tribute to give him that wish, so we impersonated him as a one-time thing to make this thread. We apologize for the temporary subterfuge, but wanted to give him a grand and sincere 1,000 post departure to push his Viking ship from the shore. Thanks for making it a great one! It was a perfect “leaving forever” thread.

We'll post a traditional RIP thread now, and salute an all-time great poster and person. I'm going to miss you, patteeu.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:51 AM 05-01-2021
Sad
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 01:05 AM 05-01-2021
Jesus, he died. I'm a dick, I thought it was more of the usual drama around here. Sad deal. My condolences to his friends and family.
[Reply]
eDave 01:08 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
guys

i.fucking love you all

I cant believe I was here for this moment
Love you too, Pawnmower.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:07 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
We'd like to thank everyone for participating in patteeu's "leaving forever" thread.

Here’s the story: patteeu had a terminal illness and knew that his remaining time was short. He joked with a few of us who knew him about how it would be funny to post a "leaving forever" thread once he could no longer post. After he passed away, we thought it would be a nice tribute to give him that wish, so we impersonated him as a one-time thing to make this thread. We apologize for the temporary subterfuge, but wanted to give him a grand and sincere 1,000 post departure to push his Viking ship from the shore. Thanks for making it a great one! It was a perfect “leaving forever” thread.

We'll post a traditional RIP thread now, and salute an all-time great poster and person. I'm going to miss you, patteeu.
Wait, so the op wasn’t actually Pat?

Wow. You guys did a great job impersonating his style. I really thought it was him.

Rest In Peace, Patteau. You will be missed.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:25 AM 05-01-2021

This might be HOC worthy.
[Reply]
Katipan 05:37 AM 05-01-2021
He has 2 daughters? :-)
[Reply]
headsnap 05:42 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
This might be HOC worthy.
Might?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:54 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by headsnap:
Might?
I’m a fan of understating things. I blame my British ancestry.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:10 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Wait, so the op wasn’t actually Pat?

Wow. You guys did a great job impersonating his style. I really thought it was him.

Rest In Peace, Patteau. You will be missed.
Couldn't have said it better myself. They got me but it was awesome.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:22 AM 05-01-2021

Out of curiosity, did he provide the copy for the OP (or a part of it) or just the general idea to do it? Even having insider knowledge of the situation, it read like something he would post.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:51 AM 05-01-2021
Wow. You guys. This might be the most epic thing ever on CP. God Bless Pat...
[Reply]
stevieray 07:05 AM 05-01-2021
I don't find it epic at all.

I find it extremely sad.

Social media isn't social.

It's virtual.

RIP, brother.

Thankful I had the good fortune of meeting you in person.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:11 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
patteau = Kaitlyn jenners vag
The post that made it 1,000
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I don't find it epic at all.

I find it extremely sad.

Social media isn't social.

It's virtual.

RIP, brother.

Thankful I had the good fortune of meeting you in person.
It was Patteeu's idea when he knew the end was near. It worked out really well. It was fun. Didnt come off as a scam.He was leaving forever. He would have loved it.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 73
« First < 18586465666768 69707172 > Last »
Up