ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Media Center>Willow streaming series happening on Disney+
Tribal Warfare 05:49 PM 10-20-2020

BREAKING: A Willow TV series is coming to Disney+. https://t.co/yAHi24LyT6 pic.twitter.com/Y3rJebUvX4

— IGN (@IGN) October 20, 2020

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:56 PM 10-20-2020
Anyone watch Willow recently? Does it hold up?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:00 PM 10-20-2020
Sounds cool to me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:02 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Yeah, I showed Willow to one my kids a few years ago and we both loved it!

It holds up "for me" but I loved the movie the first time I saw in theaters and have owned it on DVD for decades.

This series has been in the works for more than 2 years, so I'm glad it finally all came together. I'll miss the chemistry between Val Kilmer and Warrick Davis but I'm sure they'll cast an excellent actor in a similar role.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:20 PM 10-20-2020
I was a total Willow dork when I was a kid.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:44 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

It holds up "for me" but I loved the movie the first time I saw in theaters and have owned it on DVD for decades.

This series has been in the works for more than 2 years, so I'm glad it finally all came together. I'll miss the chemistry between Val Kilmer and Warrick Davis but I'm sure they'll cast an excellent actor in a similar role.
Same. I’ve always loved it. Kilmer Was an absolute star as Madmartigan.

I enjoyed showing it to my kids a few years ago and they loved it too.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:45 PM 10-20-2020
Absolutely. Except the effects. Which were one of the first CGI effects on film if I remember right?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:48 PM 10-20-2020
God I despised this movie. It was nothing more than a lame medieval retelling of Star Wars with a midget Luke and Kilmer as Han Solo. I saw it in the theater and it just pissed me off. Never understood the fascination with it. At all.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:38 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
God I despised this movie. It was nothing more than a lame medieval retelling of Star Wars with a midget Luke and Kilmer as Han Solo. I saw it in the theater and it just pissed me off. Never understood the fascination with it. At all.
:-)

I remember this!

IIRC, the hate wasn't quite to the level of Signs but it was pretty close.

Man, I miss those days when we had a bunch of cool people just chillin' and shootin' the shit.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:18 PM 10-20-2020
:-)

I remember this!

IIRC, the hate wasn't quite to the level of Signs but it was pretty close.

Man, I miss those days when we had a bunch of cool people just chillin' and shootin' the shit.
Heh. I didn't flat out hate it, but I was majorly disappointed considering the talent involved. It wasn't bad on the level of Dune, or Signs, or Batman and Robin; it was just lazy and lame. Hell, this was as much a rehashing of the original Star Wars as Force Awakens. At least Lucas ripped himself off. Ron Howard had already made some really good movies (Cocoon, Night Shift, Splash) and I was expecting more.

First warning flare of Lucas going to hell, too, although that didn't occur to me at the time.

In fairness, this may also be one of those movies that I would have appreciated more had it come out when I was younger. Had I been 13 instead of 23, it might have enjoyed it. But I wasn't.

And I'm always happy to talk about this stuff with you. You sharing your Hollywood insider stuff is one of the coolest things about this board. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:30 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Heh. I didn't flat out hate it, but I was majorly disappointed considering the talent involved. It wasn't bad on the level of Dune, or Signs, or Batman and Robin; it was just lazy and lame. Hell, this was as much a rehashing of the original Star Wars as Force Awakens. At least Lucas ripped himself off. Ron Howard had already made some really good movies (Cocoon, Night Shift, Splash) and I was expecting more.

First warning flare of Lucas going to hell, too, although that didn't occur to me at the time.

In fairness, this may also be one of those movies that I would have appreciated more had it come out when I was younger. Had I been 13 instead of 23, it might have enjoyed it. But I wasn't.

And I'm always happy to talk about this stuff with you. You sharing your Hollywood insider stuff is one of the coolest things about this board. :-)
I was pretty young when I saw it. And totally dorked out when I saw it. I think my brother watched it so I thought it was awesome. And my brother (9 years older) was a huuuuuuuge dork.
[Reply]
JD10367 06:34 AM 10-21-2020

Well, Warwick Davis is alive and kicking at 50, and Kilmer hasn't done much in the past 15 years so maybe they'll reunite. I mean, Kilmer has done such outstanding work lately as the voice of KITT in the failed "Knight Rider" reboot, TV series guest shots, cartoon voices and movie cameos...
[Reply]
hometeam 07:31 AM 10-21-2020
I watched it for about the 50th time a few months back, your boy val kilmer look like a skinny twig compared to his fatness in say.. macgruber of recent note.

Was a decent lil movie.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:42 AM 10-21-2020
I love Willow myself.

Maybe I didn't get the connection because I don't give one shit about Star Wars. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:20 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Well, Warwick Davis is alive and kicking at 50, and Kilmer hasn't done much in the past 15 years so maybe they'll reunite. I mean, Kilmer has done such outstanding work lately as the voice of KITT in the failed "Knight Rider" reboot, TV series guest shots, cartoon voices and movie cameos...
Kilmer has had bouts with throat cancer and physically, he's a shell of what he was during his prime.

I doubt his body would hold up on a 3-6 month shoot.

And FWIW, Voice-over actors and artists make a metric FUCK TON of money. INSANE amounts of money.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up