ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 335 of 435
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339345385 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 11-09-2021
HE BACK

Is Frank Clark back?

Frank Clark is back. pic.twitter.com/PJBpt56389

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) November 9, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 02:07 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Titans could of scored 40+ on us if they wanted to. Giants wout Saquon, Redskins w backup QB, and Packers w a backup QB. Nothing to get excited about

They are playing better but still a lot of work to do.
Exactly
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:39 PM 11-09-2021
Jones and Clark have looked like 20 million dollar players recently. Melvin Ingram also made a play in the backfield. Very nice!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 AM 11-11-2021
Look at Frank boss that tight end.

This is where inexperience shines. No safety over the middle. Looks like a zero blitz against man. So run a hot route over the middle. Instead they try to run Cobb on a rub route fade against a blitz. Love throws off back foot front pylon. Sneed with an easy breakup. pic.twitter.com/cPfjWGRtzR

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) November 11, 2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Jones and Clark have looked like 20 million dollar players recently. Melvin Ingram also made a play in the backfield. Very nice!
Those 3 looked excellent on Sunday.

Jones was back to his old self inside. It's clear he's just more comfortable there. Physical attributes aside (I still the he has the tools to play DE), he's able to react inside instead of thinking about what he's supposed to be doing at edge.

Ingram was exactly what I hoped he'd be. Powerful enough to make Ts respect the bull rush and quick enough to keep them from sitting on it. He's going to be a good addition.

Clark has had 3 straight strong weeks now. It's the 2nd time in his entire Chiefs career I can recall that (the other being the playoffs in '19). If this is a Super Bowl team, he needs to keep playing like this.

And really, Reed even looked pretty good last week. The other 3 guys doing the heavy lifting along with additional rest by having another inside guy on in the rotation has probably helped. He and Nnadi were who we thought they were Sunday.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:17 AM 11-11-2021
I think Jones might be even BETTER inside now that he dropped that weight. I bet he's an even bigger problem for slow guards.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:23 AM 11-11-2021
So if he plays like this for the rest of the year….do you leave him at his salary next season? Try and work out a paycut? Still cut him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So if he plays like this for the rest of the year….do you leave him at his salary next season? Try and work out a paycut? Still cut him?
They can't bring him back on the money he's slated to get. I'd be open to a pay cut, otherwise just get rid of him. His contract is too much, even considering his current level of play.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:50 AM 11-11-2021
At his cap hit, we'd need TJ Watt/Myles Garrett type of production to justify keeping him around. Unless he turns up over these next couple months, I just can't see any way we keep him around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
At his cap hit, we'd need TJ Watt/Myles Garrett type of production to justify keeping him around. Unless he turns up over these next couple months, I just can't see any way we keep him around.
We could certainly bring him back at a reduced salary. They don't HAVE to cut him.

But if he won't take a pay cut, they SHOULD.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:54 AM 11-11-2021
He's still facing felony gun charges.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 11-11-2021
I'd still cut him.

He's not going to take the kind of paycut commensurate with an on again, off again pass-rusher who's nearing his 30s. And there's just too much shit going on with the guy. The gun charges, whatever his gut health shit is, the chronic wrist issues, the suggested back problems.

There are red flags all over the guy. And I still think he's a front-runner.

He's run his course here, IMO. Any kind of paycut will almost certainly require an extension and I'm just not interested in it. And frankly, he shouldn't be either. Why take a paycut outright when you could force your release, test the market and then come back. The only reason you'd do that is if the Chiefs are going to beat the likely market by enough to keep you from testing it. And the Chiefs shouldn't be doing that either.

So cut him. If he tests the market and doesn't like what he finds, talk to him about a return. But I'm over his inconsistency.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:10 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So cut him. If he tests the market and doesn't like what he finds, talk to him about a return. But I'm over his inconsistency.
I'd agree. He's got a history of back problems, limited pass rush moves, and seems to be only as good as what's around him. I know to some extent everyone is only as good as what's around you but he doesn't seem to dominate like he should vs. weak competition like he should.

I'll always like the guy for our SB run but it's clear now this team needs help and I'd keep Money Badger as our high priced playmaker...
[Reply]
tredadda 11:14 AM 11-11-2021
He probably won't take the paycut. Definitely would not bring him back at his salary. The team needs the relief cutting him provides. Plus, there is no guarantee that bring him back he would play at this level. More likely he drops off as three years of evidence here prove.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'd agree. He's got a history of back problems, limited pass rush moves, and seems to be only as good as what's around him. I know to some extent everyone is only as good as what's around you but he doesn't seem to dominate like he should vs. weak competition like he should.

I'll always like the guy for our SB run but it's clear now this team needs help and I'd keep Money Badger as our high priced playmaker...
If I had to pick one or the other, I'd keep Clark over Vadger.

That guy has just turned me off in a big BIG way this year. Showing up teammates, picking fights on social media and not playing nearly as well as he seems to think he is - he's just irritating.

And I think a guy like that's message wears thin quickly. You can only hear that guy yelping coach-speak bullshit for so long before you tune him out. I think we've probably reached that point.

But I wouldn't keep either. The days of mutliple high-dollar defensive players AND multiple top of the scale skill position guys are over. Time to start focusing on acquiring quality, reasonably priced veteran depth pieces that slip through the cracks during the early periods of FA.

Then you supplement with draft picks and hope to get your force multipliers that way.
[Reply]
Page 335 of 435
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339345385 > Last »
Up