ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 171
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:43 PM 01-14-2023
THE LAST OF US FIRST REVIEWS: 'BEST VIDEO GAME ADAPTATION EVER MADE,' CRITICS SAY
[Reply]
suzzer99 01-14-2023, 09:25 PM
This message has been deleted by suzzer99.
Pepe Silvia 06:44 AM 01-19-2023
Party Down is starting up again on Starz in February. Pretty funny show, hopefully it’s as good as the last run. It first aired when Starz tv series were in their infancy so it failed after 2 seasons, I highly recommend. Sadly Lizzy Caplan will not be back though, huge bummer.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 01-20-2023
I recently finished season 1 of Sprung on FreeVee. It's pretty funny - from the creators of Raising Hope and My Name Is Earl. Martha Plimpton is hilarious.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:48 PM 01-27-2023
Been enjoying this series, season three just dropped.

Didn't have anything come up in my search. Anyone else watching it on the MGM channel?
Gangster shows are my favorite and this takes place in the early 60s.

[Reply]
Iconic 05:17 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I've been binge watching "What We Do in the Shadows" for the past week or so on Hulu. Hilarious show.
Man I have thought about watching this on countless occasions but never pulled the trigger. I watched the original film it was based on and to this day I consider it a top 10 favorite film of all time. Guess I'm just worried I'll watch it and compare everything to the film and it simply won't live up to the pedestal I have the film on. I dunno, might finally give in and give it a shot though.
[Reply]
markdis 05:51 PM 02-03-2023
New Amsterdam on Netflix and Snow Girl. The first one has long 5 seasons and the second one contains of 6 episodes only.
For those who are streaming content with the firestick only, here is the list of kodi alternatives.
Would be definitely helpful to know your options, right?
[Reply]
Holladay 01:42 PM 02-10-2023
I have been enjoying "In the Dark" on Netflix. A blind chick and her friends get into all sorts of trouble. I would call it a mystery thriller with some ribald humor thrown in.
[Reply]
Jenson71 02:08 PM 02-10-2023
On the last of the 4-part documentary on Bernie Madoff on Netflix and thoroughly enjoying it.
[Reply]
-King- 09:25 PM 02-10-2023
Started and finished the first season of Severance in a week. Man that was a great show.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:47 PM 02-23-2023
Damn yall, upcoming season of Succession will be the finale.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I have been enjoying "In the Dark" on Netflix. A blind chick and her friends get into all sorts of trouble. I would call it a mystery thriller with some ribald humor thrown in.
I think I mentioned this show earlier in this thread. I love it.

EDIT: Confirmed. Posted about it last September.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:08 PM 02-24-2023
Just started The Good Cop on Netflix. It's actually decent. A little bit true crime, a little bit mystery, and funny too.

I never thought I'd say it but Josh Groben is actually a pretty good actor. Brilliant casting because his awkwardness totally makes his character.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:50 PM 02-24-2023
So I needed something that I could have in the background and I put on the Chef Show on Netflix.

I'm not exactly sure it's relationship to the Movie Chef with Favreau, I think it is like a companion thing. Essentially Favreau and Roy Choi (who I think consulted on Chef) go around to restaurants and get in the kitchen and make some dishes from all types of places. There isn't a real clear direction or anything, it's just these 2 dudes make food and talk about food.

It's not life changing, but I can't get enough of it. Most of the techniques and shit I've seen and most of the time the chef's aren't necessarily compelling, but Favreau is. If you don't know, Favreau has some cooking game. He went through some classes at a culinary school to prepare for Chef and he is a legit foodie. Plus I'm pretty sure he has a full commercial kitchen at his place (they did like 3 episodes there). But you wouldn't know it, he's about as humble as can be, and shows the chef's absolutely tremendous respect (which is awesome - if anyone could stroll in with an ego - it would be Favreau, he could say yeah, I kicked off the MCU and revived Star Wars, I don't need your shit). Him and Roy have obviously a good relationship and flip each other some shit some. It's really cool because I don't think they do a bunch of prep or editing or production. If Favreau screws something up, they leave it in, and you can tell Roy isn't an actor or star or anything. Ultimately it feels very real, and from a personal perspective, I truly enjoyed Favreau and Roy's relationship. Plus some of the :-) have held some conflicting viewpoints from others in other episodes and they just let it all be.

Anyway, it feels like about as genuine thing as I've seen in awhile, and yeah some of the food is cool, but I'll watch that as long as they'll put it out. It's obvious they care about food, and they treat everyone and everything on the show with respect.

I'd recommend it if you like food.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:23 PM 02-24-2023
Discovery's Battlebots is always badass
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:29 AM 02-28-2023
Just finished Clarkson's Farm season 2, and it's well worth the time to watch.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 171
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Up