ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Media Center>Movies or TV Shows you've NEVER watched but everyone else has
scho63 02:37 PM 01-06-2023
A short time ago someone was asking about watching shows and when I told them, "no I've never watched that", they were apoplectic as if I had just killed their kid. It stunned them.

The movie was "It's a Wonderful Life." I have nothing against it and I watch plenty of black and white movies but I have never had a desire.

It made me think of others and what blockbusters people have assumed you watched. ( I can say 99% of the people who never saw the Godfather are women)

It's probably grown a lot since of all the streaming shows now for people who don't have certain subscriptions.

Some others that quickly come to mind:
1. Game of Thrones
2. The Walking Dead
3. All the Harry Potter franchise
4. Citizen Kane except small parts-didn't interest me
5. Gone with the Wind
6. Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul (However I plan to eventually binge both)
7. Vampire related movies after "The Lost Boys"
8. Schindler's List
9. Saving Private Ryan
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:19 PM 03-21-2023
Of the original content out there, I've found that Netflix is dumping a lot of money into foreign markets. About half of their new shows last year were in other languages. Paramount and Peacock have a fair amount of good shows to watch but if you have an OTA antenna, those shows are mostly available for free. Very few shows that are "streaming only" right now.

That for me leaves Hulu and Apple as my other providers. Apple's original content is BY FAR the best, there's just so little of it. Hulu actually occupies a middle ground for me. They're originals tend to be a little better than average and there's plenty of them to watch.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:14 PM 03-21-2023
My top three movies are

1. Forrest Gump
2. Seven
3. Terminator
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 03-21-2023
I guess I'll have to add my name to the pile of people on here that have never seen Titanic. And here I thought I was special...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:40 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
I keep seeing ads for all these new shows on all these crazy channels like Peacock, Hulu, etc.

How much time do people have?

I barely have time to watch one new show.
plus 15 for all of the different services. Lord above.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:20 PM 03-21-2023
I've been treating myself to one episode of The Good Place each week, and it's rising fast on my all-time list of favorite sitcoms. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:15 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
My top three movies are

1. Forrest Gump
2. Seven
3. Terminator
Wow, these movies are awesome.

I have to be in the mood for Seven but Terminator and Forrest Gump are two that I can watch anytime.
[Reply]
kay_may 03:28 PM 03-26-2023
I've never watched Titanic and Game of Thrones.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by kay_may:
Me either.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:11 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Me either.
I have not watched Titanic myself either, but I feel like you would be a fan of Game of Thrones if you ever gave it a shot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I have not watched Titanic myself either, but I feel like you would be a fan of Game of Thrones if you ever gave it a shot.
I'm sure I would. I know I'd be a fan of The Witcher as well. The problem is that I mostly watch TV with my family. My "alone" time is for video games. So just by circumstance, I don't really have time to watch shows that I would like but the rest of family wouldn't.
[Reply]
scho63 05:56 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by kay_may:
Ditto and no desire.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up