ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 73
« First < 23636970717273
Hall of Classics>I’m leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.

I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)

[Reply]
Mennonite 12:02 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I refuse to feel old. :-) Mom once referred to me as her Peter Pan… seems appropriate.

[Reply]
Sofa King 03:52 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Ouch
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:14 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
That’s just disturbing.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:38 PM 05-03-2021
No doubt. It’s funny how one’s perception of age changes as you age. As a kid you think someone in their 30’s is ooold. Looking back on it now my 30’s have been my prime.
My 30's were mostly family deaths, depression, a horrible job, and borderline alcoholism.

And we are definitely one dysfunctional family here. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
We really should have a CP reunion every 5 years or so. Perhaps be able to vote on CP HOF posters. A permanent wall of fame on the site...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:31 PM 05-03-2021
No doubt. It’s funny how one’s perception of age changes as you age. As a kid you think someone in their 30’s is ooold. Looking back on it now my 30’s have been my prime. And I reserve the right to adjust that as I go along.

And we are definitely one dysfunctional family here. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Same, man.

I came over here from the Star board. Was 19 when I joined in 2001. Staring at 40 next year.

I love-hate all you beautiful bastards. We’ve lost some good ones.
[Reply]
DomerNKC 10:17 PM 05-08-2021
peace bro
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:31 PM 05-08-2021
Whoa...DOMER SIGHTING!!!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:18 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Rainman is on his deathbed? Not another one.
he’s already left instructions on how to announce his leaving forever, hint..... think the board game Risk. 😎
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:23 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Wish we coulda known so we coulda given him a proper goodbye. Instead we razzed him like any other D.C schlub.
we rarely see someone get to go out on their own terms. When it happens, you honor that shit.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:16 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Same, man.

I came over here from the Star board. Was 19 when I joined in 2001. Staring at 40 next year.

I love-hate all you beautiful bastards. We’ve lost some good ones.
Youngin'
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10:14 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he’s already left instructions on how to announce his leaving forever, hint..... think the board game Risk. 😎

What? He's gonna attack Kamkatchka from Iritusk?:-)
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10:16 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Youngin'
I joined the Star board after I heard about DT's accident. I'd just left the military and was just starting my career as a tech writer.

22 years later, you suckers are still stuck with me. *grin* Hope to retire in the next couple of years, which means more time to hang out on the board.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:11 PM 05-17-2021
Should be in the Hall of Classics. Why isn’t it there?
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:16 PM 05-17-2021
Over 20 years going back to the old Star board for some of us. That's a fair chunk of life. I was 19 when this place started up, I'll be 40 next month.
Started over on the old Star Board in the early 90's...I was 40. I am a short time away from retirement myself.

Each time something like this happens it just reminds me what's important and not to take anything for granted.
[Reply]
srvy 08:14 PM 05-17-2021
I started on the star sports bulletin board as Bassbelly pretty much at the beginning. Hell I think I was on dial-up modem Mindspring. When it went to shit I got out and subscribed to Chiefs Planet and Chiefs Coalition. I stuck to Coalition till they folded without warning and came back to CP and started over.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 73
« First < 23636970717273
Up