Page 15 of 54
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:44 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
OK, what am I missing? Only 3 episodes have been released, right?
Actress that plays Reva has been getting racist comments.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 06-01-2022
Hollywood just doesn’t do a good job of making badass female characters.

It’s not that it’s impossible, but it has to be done right, and it rarely is.

Ridley in Alien.

The Bride in Kill Bill (along with the other female badasses).

Sarah Connor.

Black Widow and Scarlet Witch.

It’s been done, but it’s rarely done well.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:51 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Man, fuck that. No reason for that. But like everything else, we need to ignore the dumbfucks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:53 AM 06-01-2022
I don't think she's supposed to be a badass, though. She's TRYING to be a badass and intimidating but just can't quite pull it off, hence the other Inquisitors badgering her most of the time they're together.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:56 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hollywood just doesn’t do a good job of making badass female characters.

It’s not that it’s impossible, but it has to be done right, and it rarely is.

Ridley in Alien.

The Bride in Kill Bill (along with the other female badasses).

Sarah Connor.

Black Widow and Scarlet Witch.

It’s been done, but it’s rarely done well.
I don't hate the Reva Character. It isn't great, but it's fine. I think her in the story is pretty interesting. Her being a fuck and giving Obi-wan an opening for escape (presuming that's what happens) is a nice little look.

She's certainly no Jar-Jar.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:59 AM 06-01-2022
I don't think she's supposed to be a badass, though. She's TRYING to be a badass and intimidating but just can't quite pull it off, hence the other Inquisitors badgering her most of the time they're together.
They literally had Obi Wan hiding from her while she taunts him then she stabs the other Inquisitor.

It’s pretty obvious that they’re trying to make her a badass.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 AM 06-01-2022
That increased exponentially when the Star Wars Twitter account preemptively called out anyone that doesn’t like the character.

They called down the internet trolls and then pretended there was some organic racist campaign against her.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:02 AM 06-01-2022
Obi-wan not being able use The Force efficiently is bullshit, then Yoda should be a fucking R-Tard also but he wasn't in ESB
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:07 AM 06-01-2022
They literally had Obi Wan hiding from her while she taunts him then she stabs the other Inquisitor.

It’s pretty obvious that they’re trying to make her a badass.
Eh, she'd cornered an Obi Wan that was so out of practice he was struggling badly against common thugs and could only muster a bit of the force in a life or death situation for Leia.

As far as stabbing the other Inquisitor goes that was a pretty clear cheap shot. Wouldn't put much stock into that either.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:08 AM 06-01-2022
Eh, she'd cornered an Obi Wan that was so out of practice he was struggling badly against common thugs and could only muster a bit of the force in a life or death situation for Leia.

As far as stabbing the other Inquisitor goes that was a pretty clear cheap shot. Wouldn't put much stock into that either.
Lol ok.

None of this excuses the bad acting either way.

It’s a shit character, and I really have to question anybody that can’t see that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:15 AM 06-01-2022
Lol ok.

None of this excuses the bad acting either way.

It’s a shit character, and I really have to question anybody that can’t see that.
I'd have a huge problem if she was the main villain of the whole mini series but she's not and is probably going to get absolutely rekt by either the Grand Inquisitor or Vader by the time it's done.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:17 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Obi-wan not being able use The Force efficiently is bullshit, then Yoda should be a fucking R-Tard also but he wasn't in ESB
Yeah, I'm not really understanding that either, especially since he's still planning on training Luke at this point.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:21 AM 06-01-2022
I'd have a huge problem if she was the main villain of the whole mini series but she's not and is probably going to get absolutely rekt by either the Grand Inquisitor or Vader by the time it's done.
Lol you think they’re going to kill her off?

They’re clearly setting up a redemption arc here. Just wait. She’s not going anywhere.
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:24 AM 06-01-2022
Any Star Wars production is going to be under intense scrutiny by fans.
We hated Jar Jar Binks. That doesn't mean we were racist towards Gungans, it means he was a shit character. I also don't discount that people say awful things on the internet.

I think the acting with Reva is subpar so far, but I am only two episodes in and I am willing to give it more time to develop.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:28 AM 06-01-2022
Lol you think they’re going to kill her off?

They’re clearly setting up a redemption arc here. Just wait. She’s not going anywhere.
Probably. But she'll still get killed off. Theyve done that plenty of times where a character gets redeemed then dies shortly after if not immediately.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 54
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up