ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA initiates investigation into concussion protocols after Tua injury
tk13 03:37 PM 09-25-2022
This didn't take long.

NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2022

#Tua will be ruled out for @MiamiDolphins vs @BuffaloBills.
Outward signs of head injury means ruled out even if clears the concussion protocol. pic.twitter.com/Lj2AKO5D1A

— David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
Skyy God 10:02 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I've always wondered just how independent you can be when you are paid by the people you are supposed to be independent of?

The injury to Mahomes in the playoff game didn't look very severe at the time however based on what we saw, he was injured. He was wobbly and unsteady. Later, he said he was fine to go back in however the Chiefs coaching staff would not put him in. And this was in a playoff game.

The lack of concern over Tua's health is alarming to me. The coach said something to the effect later of: He's fine, it was just a concussion... WTF?

Business don't care about the employees... They are raw materials to be used up and replaced. After all, it's not really your job, it's theirs. You are just filling it for now.
There is zero actual independence when a doctor is paid by a party to examine a patient.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:03 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Phins Doctor: Tua where are you right now?

Tua: Placencia Belize

Phins Doctor: He good
Hahahahaha YES
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:05 AM 10-01-2022
So the thing I don't understand how they have an "unaffiliated" doctor on the sidelines.

Motherfucker surely ain't volunteering to protect a bunch of billionaires.

Home State Health ain't covering it

Who's paying him then?

The NFL?

okay...
[Reply]
SupDock 10:58 AM 10-01-2022
https://youtu.be/4VV0Qb5rK8I

Interesting video from a sports medicine physician.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 12:13 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
What else would cause disorientation and stumbling like paralysis? Could a pinched nerve do that or something with the spinal cord? If it's not a concussion then it seems to me he needs some extensive testing to see what's going on.
It was very hot in that game with heat index of 100. Several players had to leave the game due to heat related illness. Rising quickly from a seated or lying position can cause temporary dizziness due to orthostatic hypotension.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:45 PM 10-01-2022
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-controversy/

NFLPA terminates the unaffiliated consultant.

The NFLPA’s decision to terminate the unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involving in clearing Tua Tagovailoa came after the union’s discovery of “several mistakes” made by the doctor in its view, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) October 1, 2022

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:02 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-controversy/

NFLPA terminates the unaffiliated consultant.

So they work for the NFLPA?

Time to stop claiming they work for the NFL so it’s rigged. Dude obviously fucked up. Not a conspiracy theory after all. Weird.
[Reply]
notorious 01:02 PM 10-01-2022
They found their fall guy.

It's not like a dozen people didn't know.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:05 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

Yep.

It’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SupDock 01:05 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So they work for the NFLPA?

Time to stop claiming they work for the NFL so it’s rigged. Dude obviously fucked up. Not a conspiracy theory after all. Weird.
The contract is approved by NFL and NFLPA I believe.

I don’t think it was rigged, just that someone fucked up.

Not sure what the Dolphins coach is supposed to do after he is told Tua can play.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:06 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
It was very hot in that game with heat index of 100. Several players had to leave the game due to heat related illness. Rising quickly from a seated or lying position can cause temporary dizziness due to orthostatic hypotension.
So the head injury is utterly coincidental to the head trauma??

Ok, Baghdad Bob.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:16 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

Well one guy is responsible for examining and determining the outcome.

I mean the team should have had enough sense to step in but new coach new staff etc…I think it was just a series of mistakes really.

Nothing to do with money etc….you don’t mortgage a season on a week 3 or 4 game.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:17 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
If there is a “no-go” sign, they cannot be cleared.
I feel like this is pretty obvious. You don't have to be a "doctor" to see that Tua hit his head, got up, visibly shook his head, stumbled, and fell.

This is a no go sign that should have immediately disqualified Tua from the game, regardless of ANY findings afterward.

When Mahomes got choked out against the Browns, as soon as he wobbled and fell, he was done.

This should have taken place with Tua, and for whatever reason, it didn't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:18 PM 10-01-2022
So he's all but confirmed to have had a concussion Sunday and got what we can all assume is a much worse second concussion Thursday. Really hope his life isn't significantly impacted moving forward.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:21 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So the thing I don't understand how they have an "unaffiliated" doctor on the sidelines.

Mother****er surely ain't volunteering to protect a bunch of billionaires.

Home State Health ain't covering it

Who's paying him then?

The NFL?

okay...
The team can't fire them for not clearing the team's player.

So they are independent of the team. But sure, somebody is still paying them, but they get paid whether they clear a player or not.

What's the alternative?

Base the clearance on tweets from doctors watching the game on TV?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up