ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 97
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
Best22 09:05 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I think you're wrong with most all of this. I do agree that Hardman will play a bigger role in the offense this year. But make no mistake, Tyreek will be a huge loss...

Vermeil ran the ball and passed to RB's a lot. He had Priest. Andy does not run the football and CEH is no Priest Holmes.
Yeah if we had that type of run game we’d destroy people in 2022

I’m optimistic for the run game this year, but there’s no way they are 2003 level

I think KC is a team with an elite QB, elite coach, elite TE, top tier OL, and some average skill players mixed in. The defense is a question mark. Secondary has potential and the LB are solid, but the front 4 is a clear weakness that must be addressed with whatever resources Veach has available
[Reply]
-King- 09:09 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
So is Hardman at least somewhere close to that. He is a burner an going make plays. His consistency needs to or will improve but I just think he is going be more impressive this year without Tyreek getting all the balls thrown to him. I think Patrick is going be a better quarterback without Tyreek because he is going be looking more for the open guy instead of forcing it to Tyreek.

I think we will have a more fluent and balanced offense with run and pass and remind us of the Dick Vermeil years only with Trent Green on Steroids that can avoid pressure and be a bigger threat outside the pocket.
If we draft a WR early then Hardman will be our #4 and strictly be a gadget only player barring injury to someone ahead of him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:22 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
159 Targets to Tyreek Hill last season.

If the bulk of that ends up going to Schuster, we're in trouble.
So, if we throw a lot to the only real proven WR on our roster, we're in trouble? Interesting take.

Was it the 11.2 ypc in 2021 that you feel like Juju just can't possibly match?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:28 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
If we draft a WR early then Hardman will be our #4 and strictly be a gadget only player barring injury to someone ahead of him.
I doubt that.

Hardman's the only WR that's been here, in this system, for multiple seasons.

he'll play.

He's not a guy you can put on the line to run routes, because he doesn't get through press coverage very well.

All of the jet sweep stuff, all of the WR screen stuff, and anything slot or where he can get a free release off the line-basically all the scheme stuff that we did with Tyreek can go to Hardman. He's not the deep ball tracker or route runner that Hill is, but he's got similar speed, and is deadly in the open field as a ball carrier. All of that schematic stuff will be Hardman's now, and that's probably perfectly fine.
[Reply]
TEX 09:55 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
Yeah if we had that type of run game we’d destroy people in 2022

I’m optimistic for the run game this year, but there’s no way they are 2003 level

I think KC is a team with an elite QB, elite coach, elite TE, top tier OL, and some average skill players mixed in. The defense is a question mark. Secondary has potential and the LB are solid, but the front 4 is a clear weakness that must be addressed with whatever resources Veach has available
Yep. IMO, it all points to big trouble if they can't improve the defense to something other than mediocre.
[Reply]
Best22 10:54 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. IMO, it all points to big trouble if they can't improve the defense to something other than mediocre.
If they’re garbage we will struggle to make .500.

Even a great offense can be done in by poor defense (Fouts Chargers, Brees Saints, etc). I’m hoping KC can get a CB3/4 in the draft and whichever receiver we draft is a breakout player (600+ yards receiving). It’d also help to get production from a rookie TE, or maybe even a late round RB.

We need to draft an edge rusher but it’s unlikely he’ll tally more than 5 sacks on the season. But we need to get one. I think we’re going to have to rely on the defensive back 7 and hope for the best (kind of like the 2016 defense except we’ll have a much better passing game to support them)
[Reply]
-King- 11:44 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I doubt that.

Hardman's the only WR that's been here, in this system, for multiple seasons.

he'll play.

He's not a guy you can put on the line to run routes, because he doesn't get through press coverage very well.

All of the jet sweep stuff, all of the WR screen stuff, and anything slot or where he can get a free release off the line-basically all the scheme stuff that we did with Tyreek can go to Hardman. He's not the deep ball tracker or route runner that Hill is, but he's got similar speed, and is deadly in the open field as a ball carrier. All of that schematic stuff will be Hardman's now, and that's probably perfectly fine.
So basically, he'll be a gadget guy.
[Reply]
-King- 11:48 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So, if we throw a lot to the only real proven WR on our roster, we're in trouble? Interesting take.

Was it the 11.2 ypc in 2021 that you feel like Juju just can't possibly match?
Defenses across the league literally changed how they played defense just to stop him. And even with them doing that, his Y/R was still only 0.7 lower than Juju's career Y/R.

And yes if we give the same number of targets to a wayyyyy less talented guy, the results won't be good.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:00 PM 04-09-2022
Except teams took away Tyreek and the deep ball entirely and the offense struggled massively for their standard for about 6 weeks.

Then they struggled again in the 2nd half vs the Bengals.

It’s almost like they were way too top heavy and guys like Pringle and Robinson could easily be covered 1v1 making it easy for defenses to drop 8 and double Kelce/Tyreek knowing Andy won’t run the ball.

Andy still won’t run the ball but we can stock up our receivers to not entirely rely on one of them to get us out of a jam
[Reply]
-King- 12:54 PM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Except teams took away Tyreek and the deep ball entirely and the offense struggled massively for their standard for about 6 weeks.

It’s almost like they were way too top heavy and guys like Pringle and Robinson could easily be covered 1v1 making it easy for defenses to drop 8 and double Kelce/Tyreek knowing Andy won’t run the ball.

Andy still won’t run the ball but we can stock up our receivers to not entirely rely on one of them to get us out of a jam
I mean yeah. That's why we went into the off season with WR2 as a big need. Teams changing their entire defense for one player is a good thing. We just couldn't (bad WR2s) exploit it and sometimes like in the Bengals game we could exploit it and either chose not to (coaches not running the ball despite 5+ ypc) or because Pat literally couldn't play. I don't get why people are acting like teams selling out to stop Tyreek was a bad thing. No, it was great, but we just made it bad by not doing simple shit to punish them for it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:59 PM 04-09-2022
Oh btw he’s going to go for 1,300 yards+ and 9 TDs
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:02 PM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

That was Andy's coaching error abandoning the run game and utilizing KC's hoss O-Line
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:23 AM 04-13-2022

[Reply]
TribalElder 09:09 PM 05-22-2022

.@TeamJuJu showing the crowd how it’s done at last nights Trojan Legends Luau. pic.twitter.com/ElSkYHVlli

— JuJu Foundation (@JuJuFoundation) May 23, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:50 AM 05-23-2022
man, there are some really terrible takes here.

You would think this Chiefs team will struggle to make .500
[Reply]
Page 55 of 97
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up