ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 32
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Eureka 01:23 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Flores got fired.

Just like Saleh will if he keeps the dumb Lafleur brother.
Well if Wilson keeps playing like last week Saleh might get the axe as well.

Tough call.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:26 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:

Tough call.
Look at Fields and Nagy.

This is what watching Wilson reminds me of.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:29 PM 11-22-2022
No, that's wrong. Daboll totally changed the offense for Allen in his rookie year after Allen got injured.

Diggs was the final piece.

Year 2 John Brown was the zone beater and Beasley the man beater.

Diggs was final piece because they could run choice routes his way no matter the coverage.
ok

Originally Posted by :
The birth of a new offense

Perhaps the most obvious change in Buffalo's scheme for 2020 is how Daboll has used his personnel. For the first time in his career, he had the players to run a pass-heavy offense.

The Bills traded for Diggs in March and drafted wideouts Gabriel Davis (fourth round) and Isaiah Hodgins (sixth round).

Buffalo ran the second-most plays in the NFL this season with four or more wide receivers on the field (155) after running 14 over the past two seasons combined. With the offseason truncated because of the COVID-19 pandemic, however, it wasn't immediately clear what the Bills had on offense.

"We knew the tight ends and the backs, but that whole four-wide package really didn't come about until training camp, seeing the type of individuals we had and how they competed against the guys that we had on our defense and then the production that they had. And then you build it from there," Daboll said.

Bills coach Sean McDermott called the decision to run more four-receiver personnel groupings a product of "collaboration and communication," and even though it was unprecedented during his tenure with the Bills, they were quick to roll it out.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:39 PM 11-22-2022
Flores got fired.

Just like Saleh will if he keeps the dumb Lafleur brother.
That's why you never draft a QB high to a defensive coach unless you've got a Tom Moore-type to groom the young QB
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:52 PM 11-22-2022
Worth watching.

Kurt Warner goes through the Jets plays against NE.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:52 PM 11-22-2022
Sam Darnold at least showed signs of being good. How did they beat the Bills withy this guy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:09 PM 11-22-2022
Kurt Warner and Dan Orlovsky said the same thing: he ain't ready. Bench him and let him learn the position the correct and proper way.

I know, I said the opposite above. i was bored. My apple juice may have been spiked.:-)

Seriously though, Dan was hot about it (film breakdown begins at 6:55):

[Reply]
TripleThreat 03:13 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Rosen seems a bit much. There was tons of fire out there that his teammates flat out hated him. Same reason Connor cooks stock plummeted. I don’t think Wilson is nearly as abrasive. For now he’s either jimmy clausen who can never break out of the attitude. I think he has a shot to be a geno smith who’s generally a good kid that needs to grow up.
"generally a good kid" who owed a practice squad guy money and said to him "what are you gonna do about it" when confronted on him never paying him back.

That's not a kid that needs to grow up, that's a entitled, punk kid that learned from his mistakes as time got older as we all did/do. A generally good kid doesn't do that to a teammate, especially someone that is inferior to you on the team. No way he does that to an established veteran.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:14 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Kurt Warner and Dan Orlovsky said the same thing: he ain't ready. Bench him and let him learn the position the correct and proper way.

I know, I said the opposite above. i was bored. My apple juice may have been spiked.:-)

Seriously though, Dan was hot about it (film breakdown begins at 6:55):

If you have time watch the Kurt Warner video I posted.

Tons of problems are shown with the play design where Wilson has nowhere good to go with the football and check down/alternates are not drawn up well.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:14 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:

Tough call.
why would they fire him when hes got the team in a better position than theyve been in in like a decade? their defense is scary and a lot of it is his influence. its not his fault the guy they drafted looks like refried dog shit.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:18 PM 11-22-2022

Tons of problems are shown with the play design where Wilson has nowhere good to go with the football and check down/alternates are not drawn up well.
Fwiw - that’s the Chris Simms take as well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:19 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Fwiw - that’s the Chris Simms take as well.

If a WR actually starts their route (crosses a region or makes a break) before 2 seconds into the play the results are wildly positive

Zip vision timing QBs
Want to attack 8-12 yards early in the play

When he's given those options he's early anticipating and slicing Ds to bits

— Tyler Menting (@FootballUnlock) November 6, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 11-22-2022
:-)

Yes you can, you’re the Jets. It’s what you do.

— Ryan D Leaf (@RyanDLeaf) November 22, 2022

I’ve had a better life then Jets fans the last decade and I spent 3 of those years in prison, respectfully of course.

— Ryan D Leaf (@RyanDLeaf) November 22, 2022

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:33 PM 11-22-2022

Yeah, I think Dan mentions something about at least one of the plays he dissects in that video. Something about can't have two posts in the same play.

But Dan's analysis of Wilson not even going through his reads properly and seemingly not knowing the plays is concerning as well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:49 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, I think Dan mentions something about at least one of the plays he dissects in that video. Something about can't have two posts in the same play.

But Dan's analysis of Wilson not even going through his reads properly and seemingly not knowing the plays is concerning as well.
It's the job of the OC, playcaller to simplify offense and make easy well-defined reads for his young QB.

If the vertical routes haven't even started 2 seconds in that's bad.

Simple region reads or high/low options.

Daboll created this for Allen year 1 after Allen disintegrated trying to run the Patriot offense.

It was one read and if not open then run.

It worked. Bought Allen and the coaches time to keep adding pieces. If Allen had been running the current Jets offense I am positive he would have been written off after 2 years.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 32
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up