ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 36
« First < 222829303132 33343536 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:13 PM 02-07-2023
there a streach of land that cover both missouri and kansas built the site there so people stop bitch it belong to ether state since mr hunt said that the team represents both kansas city.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:00 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
there a streach of land that cover both missouri and kansas built the site there so people stop bitch it belong to ether state since mr hunt said that the team represents both kansas city.
Probably a good idea. Missouri people are weird though. Kansans have no problem supporting a pro team in Missouri. Missoourahians claim they will not support a team located in Kansas even if in the greater Kansas City area. Its almost like they don't understand what a metropolitan area is.
[Reply]
|Zach| 04:26 AM 02-08-2023
Feels like things are leaning toward the east crossroads area rather than downtown. Around 18th\\Holmes.

I think they push this thing through with federal money. They will put up a good chunk but there is a lot of federal infrastructure money out there and there are a lot of things that the team and JE Dunn could nab federally passing them off as infrastructure in order to minimize city and local dollars going out.

Just a guess though. But the east crossroads site seems as likely as the downtown site at this point.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:27 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
It isn't going to Kansas. No way MO is letting all that income tax $ leave the state.
[Reply]
-King- 07:51 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Probably a good idea. Missouri people are weird though. Kansans have no problem supporting a pro team in Missouri. Missoourahians claim they will not support a team located in Kansas even if in the greater Kansas City area. Its almost like they don't understand what a metropolitan area is.
Counterpoint: Fuck Kansas.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:10 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Feels like things are leaning toward the east crossroads area rather than downtown. Around 18th\\Holmes.

I think they push this thing through with federal money. They will put up a good chunk but there is a lot of federal infrastructure money out there and there are a lot of things that the team and JE Dunn could nab federally passing them off as infrastructure in order to minimize city and local dollars going out.

Just a guess though. But the east crossroads site seems as likely as the downtown site at this point.
Will be voting no
[Reply]
Lzen 08:11 AM 02-08-2023
This seems to be true from what I've seen. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:30 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Counterpoint: Fuck Kansas.
Ok
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:38 AM 02-08-2023
They're lying, unless they weren't Chiefs fans in the first place.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:40 AM 02-08-2023
I just figured that Kauffman would move to the west bottoms or something, and the. New Arrowhead will be built where old Kauffman was, and the Chiefs take over the entire complex out there and build up shit around it
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:49 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
They're lying, unless they weren't Chiefs fans in the first place.
Nationalism is the value of real estate over principles. If a person won't support the Chiefs based on their address, then they have the wrong attitude.

Well, unless the Chiefs left the metro area. That might be a more extreme situation that would warrant review.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 02-08-2023
Please for the love of god, don't fuck this up. Do some upgrades, modernize whatever.

But don't go build a new stadium. It just won't work.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:50 AM 02-08-2023
I know things.

That's all I can say.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:53 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I know things.

That's all I can say.
OK, Clay.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 02-08-2023