ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 295
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:21 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Hed be a little better. I just think he’s too small to ever be a big time Back. And if your going to be small, you better have elite speed to compensate.
He's bigger than Barry Sanders. He's 2 inches shorter but weighs the same as Dalvin Cook. He's 3 inches shorter but actually heavier than Ronald Jones and Aaron Jones.

This whole "he's too small" narrative is silly.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:48 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They took a LB in the 2nd round.

They don't even have a need at DB. They'd be loaded there if it weren't for injuries.
Well mostly. I think it’s time to replace Dirty Dan. We need to start looking for a DB who can match up on TE’s bc that ain’t Dan.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:54 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well mostly. I think it’s time to replace Dirty Dan. We need to start looking for a DB who can match up on TE’s bc that ain’t Dan.
Yeah, that's probably true.

They put Ward on Waller yesterday and that wasn't good either.
[Reply]
milkshock 08:00 AM 10-12-2020
It’s the equivalent of having Dexter McCluster as the starting RB - and that’s not good enough
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:01 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
It’s the equivalent of having Dexter McCluster as the starting RB - and that’s not good enough
You just went full Deberg. Never go full Deberg.
[Reply]
milkshock 08:02 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You just went full Deberg. Never go full Deberg.

Ok so you see no similarities between CEH and McCluster?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:04 AM 10-12-2020
get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 10-12-2020
Absolutely none.

If you do, get your eyes checked immediately.
[Reply]
Warrick 08:18 AM 10-12-2020
They both average around 2-2.5 yards from every first down carry? The Chiefs are going to need to stop being so predictable on first and second down, add some more screens and jet sweeps etc., but this same ol' hand it off to CEH and expect him to make yards between the tackles on designated running downs needs to go.
[Reply]
milkshock 08:21 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Warrick:
They both average around 2-2.5 yards every first down attempt? The Chiefs are going to need to stop being so predictable on first and second down, add some more screens and jet sweeps etc., but this same ol' hand it off to CEH and expect him to make yards between the tackles on designated running downs needs to go.

Add to that McCluster was only really effective in the passing game which is what I suspect CEH is as well.

Neither have the strength or power to drag defenders with them, so end up being safety valve types.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 08:22 AM 10-12-2020
One might look to the past when other GMs had great franchise QBs & how their moves either helped or hurt the respective teams.

I really like CEH as a player but drafting a running back in the first round is a very Bill Polian type move IMO.

For my $$ when you have Pat Mahomes at QB you draft DB/pass rush & Oline.

A running back just isn't going to make much of a difference for this type of football team.
[Reply]
TEX 08:25 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
I am not sure that the question is if CEH is a good back or not but more along was that 32nd pick better suited for a different position like OL, LB? Veach may not have known that Damien was opting out, so they may not have anticipated CEH to be the feature back right away.
Yep. I think Damian and CEH would have been great together. Don't think they intended for CEH to be the starter right out of the gate
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:29 AM 10-12-2020
Overreaction Planet.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:33 AM 10-12-2020
What is it with this forum's stupid obsession with RBs trucking people over?

Emmitt Smith didn't truck people over. Neither did Barry Sanders. Or our own Jamaal Charles, Priest Holmes... prime LJ...

All RBs are different. They play differently. CEH can still break tackles and make sweet moves. He's not going to be Okoye, though.

Just stop it with this nonsense. It's almost as if some of you morons want Mike Alstott or bust because you saw him break a few tackles that one time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:37 AM 10-12-2020
Who cares if a RB is short?

I prefer my RBs to be midgets as long as they have a low center of gravity. It's tough for tall RBs to run low to the ground. Makes them far easier to tackle, and they're more likely to have that awkward upright running style.

Very few rushers can make that kind of thing work.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 295
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Up