ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 125
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 05:21 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
One of his biggest strengths is outside zone runs but Andy is smartly hiding it because i have no doubt it will be a big weapon when the season starts.
I could see it. I hope so.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:26 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Definitely. The hype has gotten dumb, though.
Hype is fun though. Hype makes the offseason fun.

Sometimes the hype shows early returns (Karlofogus, McDuffie, Williams).

Sometimes it doesn't. (Pacheco, Kinnard)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:06 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I could see it. I hope so.
It's one of the most glaring things that jump out in his college tape so I fully expect to see it on opening day.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:15 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
What do the 9ers look for in their RB's from a skill standpoint? WE should copy them. They find them every where.
think of the one constant of those running games, and you'll realize why this is dumb
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:23 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think it's fair to judge a player based on what he's shown us so far. So far, through limited carries, the only notable thing he's given us in the run game is a clip of Mahomes upset because he missed a massive hole.

He's shown some nice pass catching ability. I think that's pretty fair to say too. Ive said all along i thought he looked like a guy with some juice.

But what you're doing is projecting. Yeah, maybe these carries mean nothing and maybe he ends up a great player. Lets not forget the entire run game has struggled. No one has shined.

But as of right now his most memorable play as a runner is a fail, so it's fair to question if what we're seeing is the start of a trend rather than a bump in the road.
That one play you're talking about wasn't a "huge hole" from the angles I saw on twitter as an LB was right there to close the hole had he gone that way imo. Regardless though I just think it's frivolous to judge a kid in games where he had 2 and 4 carries respectively behind a line not run blocking well and Andy not using outside zone or different variations of run schemes. When the playbook is opened, the line decides to block properly and Isiah gets a fair chance to catch his rhythm then that's when I'll begin to assess his game. Until then it's futile.
[Reply]
TEX 06:37 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think its more of a damning indictment on CEH than anything.
I think you're right.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:37 PM 08-23-2022
And in closing did yall know that behind one of the best lines in the league Jonathan Taylor only had ONE 100 yard game in his first ELEVEN regular season games? And his longest run was 24 yards. Then he took off late in the season and started to dominate. Guys like Kareem coming in the league and ripping teams apart straight away doesn't happen all the time guys so we've got to be patient with Isiah. I think it will be worth it in the end.
Jonathan Taylor also averaged 6.7ypc in college. Kareem Hunt 6.3ypc. Pachecho 4.3ypc.

Jonathan Taylor only had ONE hundred yard game in his first eleven games. But he also didn't get any preseason game experience that season due to Covid, that 100yd game was his second game, and he was splitting tons of carries. And Marlon Mack who was the feature back behind that line the year prior only had 3 100yd games the entire year as well.

Pachecho might be fine, but a guy who wasn't even that productive in college doesn't get the entire benefit of the doubt that someone like Taylor does. Pachecho had one 100yd game his senior season while Taylor had 10 (including 4 200yd games).
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:46 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
What do the 9ers look for in their RB's from a skill standpoint? WE should copy them. They find them every where.
Shanahan is the absolutely best creator of a running game in the NFL. I think he's superior at that than Reid is in terms of a passing game.

But Reid is the better shadow OC given that the passing game is far more important.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:32 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Jonathan Taylor also averaged 6.7ypc in college. Kareem Hunt 6.3ypc. Pachecho 4.3ypc.

Jonathan Taylor only had ONE hundred yard game in his first eleven games. But he also didn't get any preseason game experience that season due to Covid, that 100yd game was his second game, and he was splitting tons of carries. And Marlon Mack who was the feature back behind that line the year prior only had 3 100yd games the entire year as well.

Pachecho might be fine, but a guy who wasn't even that productive in college doesn't get the entire benefit of the doubt that someone like Taylor does. Pachecho had one 100yd game his senior season while Taylor had 10 (including 4 200yd games).
But surely we must consider the quality of teams Pacheco and Taylor played in right? Taylor played in a big team with a great line and a defense that put the offense back on the field quickly. Pacheco played in a poor team behind lines that were an abomination and a defense that would routinely get run on meaning his offense were often on the sidelines.

Imo where Pacheco is concerned I judge him more on his performances against top opposition and the fact is he got 100 yards vs Michigan twice, Ohio, Penn State and Maryland. And he scored homerun TD's in most of those games too. So though he might not have impressed in a yards per carry basis he showed he could perform against the best competition he faced.

My point about Taylor was even he took time to get into his groove in the league despite having one of the best lines to run behind so if Pacheco starts off slow we can at least keep that In mind.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:35 PM 08-23-2022
This is all supposition at this point. We haven't been privy all the plays in TC. I trust in our coaches and for some reason they have been running him early in the pre-season. There must be some rational behind that.

But it makes for a nice thread for the CP Brain Trust to endlessly discuss their powers of observation:-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:45 PM 08-23-2022
But surely we must consider the quality of teams Pacheco and Taylor played in right? Taylor played in a big team with a great line and a defense that put the offense back on the field quickly. Pacheco played in a poor team behind lines that were an abomination and a defense that would routinely get run on meaning his offense were often on the sidelines.
Of course and I get your point and I'm not writing Pachecho off. But you can't compare him to Jonathan Taylor. There are FAR more players who didn't perform in college who have looked like Pachecho in the preseason who have amounted to absolutely nothing than there are guys who have looked like him thus far who have been hugely productive NFL RBs.

He deserves the benefit of the doubt given some of his athletic traits. But he doesn't deserve to be compared to guys like Taylor. That's such a prisoner-of-the-moment sort of take.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:52 PM 08-23-2022
Just amazing vision.

6 carries for 14 yards in preseason.

There is more to being a RB than looking good getting off the bus and being fast. Buuut he is still intriguing with his pass catching ability. We don't really need an RB to run the ball. I'd prefer to just have a bruiser because we should really only run on goalline and 2nd and 2s and stuff.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:58 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Of course and I get your point and I'm not writing Pachecho off. But you can't compare him to Jonathan Taylor. There are FAR more players who didn't perform in college who have looked like Pachecho in the preseason who have amounted to absolutely nothing than there are guys who have looked like him thus far who have been hugely productive NFL RBs.

He deserves the benefit of the doubt given some of his athletic traits. But he doesn't deserve to be compared to guys like Taylor. That's such a prisoner-of-the-moment sort of take.
The comparison to Taylor is Pacheco pretty much had the exact same physical performance at the combine as Jonathan did and they have the same physical traits too. Also I've seen RB's get a lot of hype in preseason games (Stevenson for the Pats last year for example) and then have an average season with only two 100 yard games so it works both ways. Six carries in two games is simply not enough to judge anyone..period.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:03 PM 08-23-2022
Some in the sports media are ready to cut this guy after 2 preseason games-lol

BAD VISION!!

Get the guy some glasses.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 08:12 PM 08-23-2022
I just don’t get it with this guy. Could he end up being a good, solid NFL running back? I guess he could, but to date, I’ve seen nothing out of Pacheco that makes me take notice. He just seems to be “a guy”.

I wanna see some of the juice that Andy said he had. You know, something like a run for 5+ yards? (yeah, the bar is pretty damn low for Chiefs RBs)
[Reply]
Page 61 of 125
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Up