ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 125
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:02 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Gotta be honest - I have little optimism here. I know I'm the idiot white knighting Frank Clark and OBJ but I really don't like his running style and am not sure why we think we got some diamond in the rough here. It was a 7th round pick.

Would love to be proven wrong though as he has a great story and attitude.
Brakes definitely needs to be pumped regarding this kid. He passes the eye test in a lot of areas though
[Reply]
Coogs 07:23 PM 08-03-2022
Gotta be honest - I have little optimism here. I know I'm the idiot white knighting Frank Clark and OBJ but I really don't like his running style and am not sure why we think we got some diamond in the rough here. It was a 7th round pick.

I think my optimism comes from Veach's pre-draft comments:

Originally Posted by :
“The running back class this year, it’s really crazy,” Veach said. “When you factor in that COVID year last year, and some of the guys that stayed in school. I’ve never seen such a large group of fifth-, sixth-, seventh-round running backs. It’s like the names go from the top of the ceiling down to the bottom. I told the guys that there is going to be a 1,000-yard rusher that is a seventh-round pick, just by the sheer volume of numbers.”
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/list...nce-takeaways/
[Reply]
neech 07:51 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Brakes definitely needs to be pumped regarding this kid.
I’m offended.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:54 PM 08-03-2022

Why would we think that? Could it be because he's 220 and runs a 4.3? Or that he has natural hands? There's plenty of reason for optimism. His unique college situation and his measurables. If he has vision look out.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:02 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Why would we think that? Could it be because he's 220 and runs a 4.3? Or that he has natural hands? There's plenty of reason for optimism. His unique college situation and his measurables. If he has vision look out.
Now compare him to Clyde, who is slow, has no burst, can't see the hole and so far has not made an impact in the passing game. His pass blocking is sketchy as well- and he was a 1st rounder in case anyone forgot. And...how about those fumbles?

That 1st round status is not going to protect him much longer while he dogs it on the field.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:05 PM 08-03-2022
In regards to draft position running backs are just wild these days. There's barely any rhyme or reason where these guys are taken and routinely RBs from all over the draft suddenly turn into studs.

I feel like if CEH played at Rutgers with the same team he might have been the 7th rounder.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:06 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Now compare him to Clyde, who is slow, has no burst, can't see the hole and so far has not made an impact in the passing game. His pass blocking is sketchy as well- and he was a 1st rounder in case anyone forgot. And...how about those fumbles?

That 1st round status is not going to protect him much longer while he dogs it on the field.
At this point in Clyde's career, we were all equally optimistic. In fact after his first regular season game we were all ecstatic.

So let's not go crowning a 7th round pick just yet.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:06 PM 08-03-2022

"I don't like his running style" lol what a load of garbage 🤣 . The guy gets from A to B in rapid time...and that's all that matters..PERIOD. And using his draft spot as a broom to beat him is also fecking pathetic. Veach openly said he likes the RB's at the end of the draft and "there are 1000 yard guys there".

The bottom line is the guy's combine results were very similar to Jonathan Taylor's..but the difference is he played behind poor lines and thus didn't have the same production. If the guy is wowing the coach's right now why not support him rather than hanging on to your bs agenda that you created the moment he was drafted? Smh.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:16 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
"I don't like his running style" lol what a load of garbage 🤣 . The guy gets from A to B in rapid time...and that's all that matters..PERIOD. And using his draft spot as a broom to beat him is also fecking pathetic. Veach openly said he likes the RB's at the end of the draft and "there are 1000 yard guys there".

The bottom line is the guy's combine results were very similar to Jonathan Taylor's..but the difference is he played behind poor lines and thus didn't have the same production. If the guy is wowing the coach's right now why not support him rather than hanging on to your bs agenda that you created the moment he was drafted? Smh.
His college tape didn't look like he got from A to B in record time? There are plenty of other RBs in history who have had Taylor's measurables who don't measure up to Taylor when they're in pads and facing NFL defenses? And which coaches exactly are raving about Pachecho?

Are we talking about Toub because Pachecho is going to return kicks in the preseason?

Originally Posted by :
“On special teams, I lost six four-phase players,” noted Toub. “We’ve got to replace them with guys.

“There’s holes everywhere. It’s going to be a complete reset; it’s going to be tough. It’s hard to tell what a guy can do in practice because we don’t do anything live. It’s really the games. We might be making decisions up to the [final preseason] Green Bay game.”

“We’re going to start him off as the guy and see if he can handle it,” he said of the Rutgers product. “See how he does in the preseason. In a few games, we’ll be able to know right away. He’s promising. He’s a big guy — 215 plus. Ran [a] 4:37 [40-yard dash]. That’s kind of scary back there if we can get that thing going. We used Pringle that way. We think we can do that with Pacheco.”

[Reply]
Kiimo 08:16 PM 08-03-2022
His running style is janky but I'm not sure why that matters.

Jay Ajayi had the jankiest running style I've ever seen and he made it work.

Difference is he ran a 4.57, not a 4.3.

You know who had a weird ass running style? Adrian Peterson. I'm not worried about how his body moves in space as long as it is moving quickly
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:18 PM 08-03-2022
At this point in Clyde's career, we were all equally optimistic. In fact after his first regular season game we were all ecstatic.

So let's not go crowning a 7th round pick just yet.
You keep posting 7th rounder like it is a bad thing. Chiefs have done well in that round.

Pachecho could be the next MVP!

Not everyone was happy- many wanted Taylor instead.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:18 PM 08-03-2022
And which coaches exactly are raving about Pachecho?

Are we talking about Toub because Pachecho is going to return kicks in the preseason?

Reid and Bieniemy both praised him today. So did Willie Gay, Jr and a bunch of national writers.
[Reply]
Bump 08:18 PM 08-03-2022
if he even makes the team and contributes anything it's a win for a 7th rounder.
[Reply]
neech 08:19 PM 08-03-2022

You know who had a weird ass running style? Adrian Peterson. I'm not worried about how his body moves in space as long as it is moving quickly
I’d be running a little janky if I had Rutgers Oline blocking for me.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:25 PM 08-03-2022

Exactly, its not like he is Harvey Williams- running like a giraffe on roller skates.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 125
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up