ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2068 of 3903
« First < 1068156819682018205820642065206620672068 206920702071207220782118216825683068 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 10:14 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Based on everything I have read and seen lately, I am actually becoming more and more optimistic about a vaccine saving the day with this thing.
Same here. In particular, Oxford really seems to be optimistic about theirs.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:15 AM 05-15-2020
Based on everything I have read and seen lately, I am actually becoming more and more optimistic about a vaccine saving the day with this thing.
The more I read in CP ,I am less optimistic that people will be willing to get the vaccine if one becomes available.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:16 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Your and idiot.
The pharmacies I’ve worked in this week in Salt Lake have not required the pharmacy staff to wear masks indoors unless working directly with a patient. I was required to at all times which is fine and understandable because I travel around and they don’t know where I have been, but if health care workers are fine interacting with each other without masks indoors I think it’s safe to say you can keep yourself pretty safe outside. I know you’re likely not needed outside of your house during these times, but for those of us that are I think we’re pretty aware of when a mask should be worn.
[Reply]
Pants 10:22 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The more I read in CP ,I am less optimistic that people will be willing to get the vaccine if one becomes available.
So true. :-)

At that point, however, those who do get the vaccines will be relatively safe regardless.
[Reply]
limested 10:22 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I assume the fresh air in CA is fresher right now then it has ever been, I find it a bit extreme to wear a mask while going for a walk while keeping your distance etc..
Part of the problem is that there are people who will not social distance. In this situation I would wear the mask.

If in a place where I know that I don't have to worry about strangers then no way would I wear one.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:23 AM 05-15-2020
So true. :-)

At that point, however, those who do get the vaccines will be relatively safe regardless.
Yeah sure,

Because people who get flu vaccine never get the flu.
[Reply]
Pants 10:24 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Same here. In particular, Oxford really seems to be optimistic about theirs.
Yup! Reading the latest on this today was what spurred me to come post this actually. :-)
[Reply]
limested 10:25 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The pharmacies I’ve worked in this week in Salt Lake have not required the pharmacy staff to wear masks indoors unless working directly with a patient. I was required to at all times which is fine and understandable because I travel around and they don’t know where I have been, but if health care workers are fine interacting with each other without masks indoors I think it’s safe to say you can keep yourself pretty safe outside. I know you’re likely not needed outside of your house during these times, but for those of us that are I think we’re pretty aware of when a mask should be worn.
You wrote your original post I commented on like you thought it was not safe to wear a mask while exercising. This post makes much more logical sense.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:25 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah sure,

If they do the severity is reduced and the ones that don't get the flu because they are vaccinated protect the ones that don't get it shot or can't or don't build up the same immunity from the shot.
[Reply]
limested 10:28 AM 05-15-2020
Yeah sure,

They don't get the strain that was in the vaccine. The biggest issue with the flu vaccine is they have to make it well ahead of the season and they have to guess which strains will be hitting.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:29 AM 05-15-2020
They don't get the strain that was in the vaccine. The biggest issue with the flu vaccine is they have to make it well ahead of the season and they have to guess which strains will be hitting.
Sure,

And wouldn't the same hold true for Coronavirus?
[Reply]
Pants 10:32 AM 05-15-2020
Yeah sure,

What does the flu have to do with SARS-CoV-2?

Do people who get vaccinated for poliovirus get polio?

Do people who get vaccinated for Measles morbillivirus get measles?

I know you're a fucking moron, but this is basic stuff, man. Not all viruses are the same.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:33 AM 05-15-2020
Sure,

And wouldn't the same hold true for Coronavirus?
No.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:40 AM 05-15-2020
What does the flu have to do with SARS-CoV-2?

Do people who get vaccinated for poliovirus get polio?

Do people who get vaccinated for Measles morbillivirus get measles?

I know you're a fucking a moron, but this is basic stuff, man. Not all viruses are the same.
:-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:40 AM 05-15-2020
Part of the problem is that there are people who will not social distance. In this situation I would wear the mask.

If in a place where I know that I don't have to worry about strangers then no way would I wear one.
You wrote your original post I commented on like you thought it was not safe to wear a mask while exercising. This post makes much more logical sense.
I’m talking about LA county making it mandatory to wear a mask outside. This is LA County:

If you’ve ever been there you know there are still plenty of places you could go and social distance very easily. It’s a bit extreme and it’s punishing people who can use common sense. Hopefully I’m overreacting and common sense will also be applied with the mandate, but c’mon...
[Reply]
Page 2068 of 3903
« First < 1068156819682018205820642065206620672068 206920702071207220782118216825683068 > Last »
Up