ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1569 of 3903
« First < 569106914691519155915651566156715681569 157015711572157315791619166920692569 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 06:00 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes. It's a law in California with a misdemeanor fine of $1,000 dollars if you're found not complying. There was actually a police SUV in the parking lot near the entrance.

What was truly bizarre was not just that the store was near empty (they were only allowing 50 customers at a time) but that there was a recording that repeated over the speaker system every minute stating "It's California law for employees and customers to wear a face mask. Non-compliance is punishable by a $1,000 dollar fine".

I felt like I was in a Sci Fi movie.

It wouldn't have worked because we were all 6 feet apart in line. It was kinda bonkers. At least it was only 75 degrees. It's supposed be 90 degrees and above starting tomorrow.
Heats coming big papa.

Now’s the time to put in that pool you’ve always wanted.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:02 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Heats coming big papa.

Heard it was supposed to hit 100 later this week back "home".
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:02 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.snyderfuneralhomes.com/o...hn-w-mcdaniel/

On behalf of his family, they would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to the nurses at Marion General Hospital and to all the staff at Riverside Methodist Hospital for everything they did to try and save Johnny’s life from Covid-19. They would also like to remind everyone to continue practicing social distancing to keep each other safe.
I have no issue with the above. I've just seen multiple stories where family couldn't be withed loved ones when they are in the hospital, let alone when they die. I've seen stories on the news with grieving loved ones who couldn't be with them in their final moments. I was surprised family would be allowed, aren't you?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:08 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Heats coming big papa.

My rear retaining wall is 25 foot high and the sides gradually grade down to about 10 foot high. I'd need a geological in order to verify that I could actually put a pool in there because it could wreak havoc on the structural integrity of the walls.

Also (and this is a good thing), my "next door" neighbor actually lives two lots away, as she owns the lot between us and has vowed never to sell or develop it. It's good because we won't be subjected to some rapper that's throwing parties every damn day, but bad because there's a ton of wildlife that either lives there or feeds from the lot, including Western Diamondbacks, Deer, coyote, scorpions and the occasional rat.

In addition, it would be a water source for nearby insects, which would make the pool virtually impossible to keep clean.

So long story short, it's just not worth the hassle. :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:10 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I am with great certainty predicting that more than 100,000 people die from Covid-19 in the USA. It would not surprise me if it ends up more than 200,000, at all.
Do you have a credible source from which you are pulling these projections?

And your ass doesn’t count.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:16 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
https://www.newsandguts.com/ap-drug-...took-the-drug/

So, those of you who were touting hydroxychloroquine, are you *still* wanting to roll it out?
DJ defended this drug and then dipped.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:30 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
https://www.newsandguts.com/ap-drug-...took-the-drug/

So, those of you who were touting hydroxychloroquine, are you *still* wanting to roll it out?
That is for HC alone, HC with Zpak which is what was being touted show no mortality difference, but less went on a ventilator. However, the study has not been peered reviewed and may have bias, you don't know where the patients were in the process. Oh and it was disclosed that one of the authors of the study has a patent on a competing Covid-19 drug. I think I will wait for the peer review...
[Reply]
TLO 06:40 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
That is for HC alone, HC with Zpak which is what was being touted show no mortality difference, but less went on a ventilator. However, the study has not been peered reviewed and may have bias, you don't know where the patients were in the process. Oh and it was disclosed that one of the authors of the study has a patent on a competing Covid-19 drug. I think I will wait for the peer review...
I still don't have high hopes, but I'm waiting to see the results from New York.
[Reply]
limested 06:43 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Do you have a credible source from which you are pulling these projections?

And your ass doesn’t count.
Why not? You have been pulling shit out of your ass this entire thread.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:46 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I still don't have high hopes, but I'm waiting to see the results from New York.
Me too, many Doctors think you have to have zinc in the equation and administer it earlier. As mentioned on here, there are some others that show promise as well.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:04 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
We got 3 inches of snow today, jerks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:05 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
FINALLY.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:07 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Me too, many Doctors think you have to have zinc in the equation and administer it earlier. As mentioned on here, there are some others that show promise as well.
Have they tried with just the Z-pack alone , I haven't seen how that would compare vs paired with HCQ.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:09 PM 04-21-2020

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:19 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Have they tried with just the Z-pack alone , I haven't seen how that would compare vs paired with HCQ.
There are several studies looking at all kinds of combinations, including zinc with the HQ and Zpak and just HQ and zinc, and for patients first diagnosed to late stages. We should know a lot more in the next few weeks, lot of people wanting this to fail, not just because of politics, but because of the cost effectiveness. Hopefully it will because it is the most scaleable and cheapest alternative for the combo, if not, there are some other promising ones.
[Reply]
Page 1569 of 3903
« First < 569106914691519155915651566156715681569 157015711572157315791619166920692569 > Last »
Up