ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1567 of 3903
« First < 567106714671517155715631564156515661567 156815691570157115771617166720672567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 03:40 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
1. don't know
2.Not sure
3.Not sure.
Thank you!
[Reply]
TLO 03:44 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Not sure what to think here. Hot mic catches exchange in WH about being vaccinated already.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/white-...d-around-here/
:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 03:45 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So if something is political or not we first have to establish the party they belong to and then we can decide?
If I have a known political affiliation and I call out a political figure with the same affiliation it seems to create less of an issue than if they were from another party , based on what have seen so far which is the main problem with the political aspect of these forums that Party seems to matter.

If I call a leader a moron people will automatically assume it is a political opinion based on which party I am affiliated to rather than the fact he might just be a moron.

I may have done a horrible job explaining this lol.

PS. I have no political affiliation .
[Reply]
TLO 03:46 PM 04-21-2020
If they created a vaccine that fast, it would probably be 100x more dangerous to take than actually taking your chances on getting the virus itself.

Donald Trump is going to grow a third arm and then grow 70 feet tall after taking this vaccine.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 03:49 PM 04-21-2020
https://www.newsandguts.com/ap-drug-...took-the-drug/

Originally Posted by :
“About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died too, but the difference between that group and usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.“
So, those of you who were touting hydroxychloroquine, are you *still* wanting to roll it out?
[Reply]
TLO 04-21-2020, 03:50 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO.
mr. tegu 03:55 PM 04-21-2020
If I have a known political affiliation and I call out a political figure with the same affiliation it seems to create less of an issue than if they were from another party , based on what have seen so far which is the main problem with the political aspect of these forums that Party seems to matter.

If I call a leader a moron people will automatically assume it is a political opinion based on which party I am affiliated to rather than the fact he might just be a moron.

I may have done a horrible job explaining this lol.

PS. I have no political affiliation .

As a general idea that’s true. But posting about some governor purposely exposing certain segments of the population so they can reduce the strain on unemployment benefits drying out seems right in line with the other conspiracy stuff posted earlier today and is certainly a political slant. But even more so it’s a pattern of behavior with that poster all throughout this thread. I know it can be ignored but it shouldn’t be in this thread at all, especially when he then calls out another poster for not having a thoughtful response to the post, as if that is remotely possible in here.
[Reply]
TLO 03:58 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
https://www.newsandguts.com/ap-drug-...took-the-drug/

So, those of you who were touting hydroxychloroquine, are you *still* wanting to roll it out?
I think the majority of that crowd has been banned from the thread. :-)

I was optimistic that it would help, but never that excited about it after researching it further. Still have high hopes for remdesivir.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:59 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
As a general idea that’s true. But posting about some governor purposely exposing certain segments of the population so they can reduce the strain on unemployment benefits drying out seems right in line with the other conspiracy stuff posted earlier today and is certainly a political slant. But even more so it’s a pattern of behavior with that poster all throughout this thread. I know it can be ignored but it shouldn’t be in this thread at all, especially when he then calls out another poster for not having a thoughtful response to the post, as if that is remotely possible in here.
You may be right but when I read it that I saw it more as information than a political hit job , but I am a weirdo.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:00 PM 04-21-2020
The hydroxychloroquine study done by the VA was not perfect, because it was a retrospective analysis rather than a prospective, randomized, controlled, double-blinded trial. Although the information therein points to a lack of efficacy for hydroxychloroquine, it in and of itself is not definitive as a standalone. Again, this is also a pre-print, meaning it has not gone through peer review.

The author's conclusions point to an increased mortality risk from hydroxychloroquine, and no morbidity benefit (need for a vent) from hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin, but again, this has not undergone peer review

I would encourage everyone to simply ignore content from medrixiv.org unless you've taken courses in biostatistics and/or evidence-based medicine. It is more harmful than helpful to the layperson.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 04:08 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

Donald Trump is going to grow a third arm and then grow 70 feet tall after taking this vaccine.
Well, whatever makes him more intimidating to China. I'll take it.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 04:11 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What a shocker the wonder drug that some touted on here isnt going to do shit after all

https://www.kshb.com/news/coronaviru...ating-covid-19
That study was done on patients "hospitalized" from what I understand. I don't think anyone touted it as a surefire miracle drug, but it was always a possible treatment. Most "treatment" advice has said you need to administer early, before hospitalization.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:23 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
That study was done on patients "hospitalized" from what I understand. I don't think anyone touted it as a surefire miracle drug, but it was always a possible treatment. Most "treatment" advice has said you need to administer early, before hospitalization.
Those people might not have needed any drugs though and recovered on their own.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 04:26 PM 04-21-2020
Those people might not have needed any drugs though and recovered on their own.
But you can still compare results based on age. For instance the comparison of the Kirkland nursing home compared to the Texas one.

If you're already getting hospitalized, it's probably too late, according to pretty much everything I've seen.
[Reply]
TLO 04:35 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
But you can still compare results based on age. For instance the comparison of the Kirkland nursing home compared to the Texas one.

If you're already getting hospitalized, it's probably too late, according to pretty much everything I've seen.
Are you suggesting hydroxycloriquine and a z pack should be given on an outpatient basis?
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 04:40 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Are you suggesting hydroxycloriquine and a z pack should be given on an outpatient basis?
I'm not a doctor, nor am I conducting a study. I'm talking about what the proposed treatment and effective usage of the drug is.

Would I request it if I started showing symptoms? Hell yes, but I would ask my doctor first. I would ask for Remdesivir too.
[Reply]
Page 1567 of 3903
« First < 567106714671517155715631564156515661567 156815691570157115771617166720672567 > Last »
Up