ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1564 of 3903
« First < 564106414641514155415601561156215631564 156515661567156815741614166420642564 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 02:29 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Another one of your classic “non political” posts. This time with the addition of some conspiracy.
I don't see that as political but maybe because I have no clue what Party he belongs to , but I a see a potential bone head move by a guy who happens to be a politician.

We should probably leave that distinction to the mods.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:32 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Doesn't make a lot of sense that he died from complications of covid-19 with family members by his side. I have been under the impression that if you were in for Covid you were allowed no visitors.
If that family had been exposed to the patient and maybe considered/already infected maybe they made an exception but who knows.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:37 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The governor of Georgia is calling for restaurants, bowling alleys, tattoo parlors, gyms, salons, etc. to be reopened, but not banks, schools, factories, and places like that. Most likely reason? The state isn't equipped to pay out unemployment to too many people for very long, he's not willing to raise taxes on anyone capable of paying, and the people who work the reopened jobs are more likely to be in need of unemployment benefits, so this offers a chance to kick them off the rolls.

None of this is being done with health in mind.
These are actually a lot of sole proprietors that typically wouldn't get unemployment. Not only would these owners not get unemployment, but they have rent to pay on their place of employment.

Also, we aren't going to stop all infections, we were told at the beginning we need to flatten the curve so we don't overrun the hospitals. We are to the point where the harm of closing things down based on current CFR projections, especially for those 60 and under and healthy, is way worse than the risk for those individuals.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:38 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I understand if the guy who had a heart attack was found dead in room full of hookers and blow and tests positive it might not be COVID related but why would a Doctor risk their license to pad the stats or mislead the family.
They are reimbursed for any Covid-19 deaths, so assume they died at home with Covid-19 instead of testing them upon death to be sure. No risk to the license...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:39 PM 04-21-2020
People need to understand that although this is a respiratory virus it does not just affect the respiratory system. A substantial number of patients suffer from coagulopathies and neurological effects as well.

This is why when writing patient notes clinicians use the term "secondary to". Someone can develop renal failure secondary to a massive heart attack, or a develop a clot secondary to venous stasis and endothelial injury caused by inflammatory reactions to a virus.
[Reply]
TLO 02:42 PM 04-21-2020
Nods approvingly at 'Hamas Jenkins' post.

(Google's coagulopathies)

*continues to nod approvingly*
[Reply]
Monticore 02:42 PM 04-21-2020
They are reimbursed for any Covid-19 deaths, so assume they died at home with Covid-19 instead of testing them upon death to be sure. No risk to the license...
I meant if they die of something obviously unrelated to covid (car accident/gun shot) I don't think they would put covid on there for just stats.
[Reply]
notorious 02:45 PM 04-21-2020
It might be years before we see definite numbers on the effects of this pandemic.
Yet the "bad news" stats are believed without question.

The USC and Stanford studies are shining a light on this, yet a lot of people want to immediately discredit the info.

I am getting tired of this.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:46 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

The USC and Stanford studies are shining a light on this, yet a lot of people want to immediately discredit the info.

D U N N I N G
K R U G E R
[Reply]
TLO 02:47 PM 04-21-2020
It appears we've either hit the peak of "that time of day" in this thread. Or may have already peaked and are coming down the other side of the mountain. Perhaps it's just the tip of the iceberg. We'll know more in about 2 weeks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:48 PM 04-21-2020
I meant if they die of something obviously unrelated to covid (car accident/gun shot) I don't think they would put covid on there for just stats.
From what I understand, anyone that died at home of an unknown nature in NYC was labeled as Covid-19. They attributed it to more "at home" deaths than normal... Well if you are in a "stay at home" environment, there would be more at home deaths from other causes.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:49 PM 04-21-2020

Unfortunately bad news or contradictory news seems to be big selling points , in the end it is usually somewhere in the middle.
[Reply]
TLO 02:49 PM 04-21-2020

I've noticed this too. I've mentioned there's always a swift kick to the balls whenever good news is discovered.

Maybe there's a reason for that. Some of the good news we've heard in the past has turned out to be false. But that's also true of bad news we've heard.

But not ALL the good news can be wrong.
[Reply]
notorious 02:49 PM 04-21-2020
Unfortunately bad news or contradictory news seems to be big selling points , in the end it is usually somewhere in the middle.
Absolutely.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:49 PM 04-21-2020
From what I understand, anyone that died at home of an unknown nature in NYC was labeled as Covid-19. They attributed it to more "at home" deaths than normal... Well if you are in a "stay at home" environment, there would be more at home deaths from other causes.
I thought they were still testing them.
[Reply]
Page 1564 of 3903
« First < 564106414641514155415601561156215631564 156515661567156815741614166420642564 > Last »
Up