ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1468 of 3903
« First < 46896813681418145814641465146614671468 146914701471147214781518156819682468 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:38 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So **** poor people then?
https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_w...fallacies.html
[Reply]
Monticore 09:39 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
I do every single time I get behind the wheel of my car and enter traffic. It's called calculated risk. I don't need a bureaucrat or a governor halfwit ordering me to walk everywhere because I might get in a car wreck and kill somebody.
If you kill someone with your car you go to jail.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:39 AM 04-17-2020
Actually it's not, lots of terrible shit people eat is because it's cheap as **** and they got jack shit for money.

Not saying everyone has this excuse, but if you think people who live in poverty eat well, bad news.
They also have way too many kids.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:40 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
That's beside the point. The person I killed is still dead. And that could have been prevented had the King ordered me to stay in my house.
[Reply]
kgrund 09:40 AM 04-17-2020
So your good with the results? 10,000 dead in 1 month. Mitigation works because it would have been...

How many dead without mitigation?
I made no statement about the number of dead in terms of what is "acceptable". What I responded to was what could account for the massive difference between the two. What I said is that population density has to be the #1 factor between the two given the significant disparity between the two regions. Other factors likely come into play as well, but mitigation is not the ONLY factor in play between the two IMO.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:41 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Are we social distancing for those people?
your are saying people should deal with the consequences of their lifestyle choices. The Virus is affecting both these demographics in different ways but you only offer your sympathy to one side.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:43 AM 04-17-2020
Dude seriously take yourself back to your little hangout as I've literally never seen you post anything else of substance here ever. It's sorta nice you felt the urge to crawl out of the hole to see what the rest of the world is like here on Chiefsplanet, but I think it's about time for that to be over now.

I don't feel the need to have to engage with your dumbass in the lounge, nor do I think many others do either.
In fairness, I haven't seen anyone mentioning a politician or making a pure political statement in this thread the last few pages... (shit, I even agreed with Lone) You may not like what is being said, but it doesn't appear to be political. As more studies and models are done, it is apparent that the deaths and hospitalization are effecting those with underlying conditions and/or older, 65+, at great disparity. While I think it was right to take some of the measures early, with the unknown CFR/IFR, it is now time to figure out how to protect the vulnerable as they stay somewhat isolated, while at the same time allowing those at low risk for hospitalization and death to be able to get back to work and live their lives while practicing common sense and social distancing.

This thread can stay apolitical without it becoming an echo chamber for one voice.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:43 AM 04-17-2020
Actually it's not, lots of terrible shit people eat is because it's cheap as **** and they got jack shit for money.

Not saying everyone has this excuse, but if you think people who live in poverty eat well, bad news.
Yea this is BS. Being obese is much more about quantity than quality and topped with lack of exercise.

Let me give you an example -

You know those badass Popeye's chicken sandwiches? 700cal and about $5. You could eat 3 a day @2100cal total for $15 and exercise a little and be just fine.

Now if you add in the large fries and regular coke you just tripled the calories.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:43 AM 04-17-2020
That's beside the point. The person I killed is still dead. And that could have been prevented had the King ordered me to stay in my house.
Does the car you hit then go hit another car and then another one and then another one, and so on while also putting the EMT, doctors, nurses at risk as well.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:44 AM 04-17-2020
Only if you proximately cause their death through negligence, recklessness, or malicious action.

But the mere act of operating motor vehicles en masse raises the risk of nonculpable death and/or injury, compared to staying still or pedestrian travel.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:45 AM 04-17-2020
Over/Under on how many people get booted out of this thread today? I'll go with 2.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:45 AM 04-17-2020
Does the car you hit then go hit another car and then another one and then another one, and so on while also putting the EMT, doctors, nurses at risk as well.
Why are they laying off medical staff all over the country right now?
[Reply]
Three7s 09:48 AM 04-17-2020
So, the last two days have been interesting for me after all that I've learned about this virus. On Wednesday morning, I woke up and had a pounding headache. I figured it was just congestion and that it was nothing that a hot shower couldn't fix.

I was half-right in that the shower did alleviate the headache, but it wasn't long before I became very congested again. Still, it isn't the first time I've dealt with this, so I didn't think much of it. Well, after going to bed that night, I woke up after about three hours with a horrific sore throat and congestion deep in my throat, most likely from post nasal drip., along with some pretty bad chills.

After waking up from that, I couldn't really sleep for awhile, but did eventually fall back asleep for a few hours. When I woke up, I, actually, felt really good until about noon. Then the chills and sweaty palms starting taking over. And I'm not talking normal chills. I'm talking chills bad enough to make me think I'm walking around naked in the arctic despite the temperature being 72 degrees with pants and a hoodie on. That, along with the constantly sweaty palms and burning eyes were absolutely brutal.

The chills and burning eyes were a pretty consistent theme yesterday, but nothing much other than that. No fever, no fatigue, no muscle aches, no cough or anything like that. I went to bed and woke up this morning and I feel 10x better, which is hard to believe myself. Zero chills, very minor sore throat and congestion. I still have the burning eyes, which is most likely pink eye, which was probably me being an idiot and rubbing my eyes with whatever virus that was on my hands, which started that two day mess.

After all that, I have no idea if I had COVID19 or not, but I guess I'll find out soon since one part of this virus is that it likes to make people think it's gone only to come back way worse than before after a couple of days, which is what I'm waiting for at this point. Either way, I figured you guys might be interested in this since there aren't a ton of details on the life-cycle on how this virus might start and end, assuming I even have it.
[Reply]
notorious 09:48 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Over/Under on how many people get booted out of this thread today? I'll go with 2.
:-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:49 AM 04-17-2020
your are saying people should deal with the consequences of their lifestyle choices. The Virus is affecting both these demographics in different ways but you only offer your sympathy to one side.
I am saying that people shouldn't have to deal with the consequences of bad lifestyle choices that other people make.

90% of the people getting hospitalized with COVID-19 complications have underlying health conditions and the vast majority of those health conditions are from bad lifestyle choices (hypertension, diabetes... 95% of diabetics have the Type II/lifestyle-caused version, and obesity).

We are all social distancing and shutting down the economy to protect hospital capacity for those selfish people.
[Reply]
Page 1468 of 3903
« First < 46896813681418145814641465146614671468 146914701471147214781518156819682468 > Last »
Up