ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Left Tackles
Titty Meat 11:21 PM 01-19-2024
Y'all want to ride with Smith for another year or give Morris a chance? Because there's probably several good to decent prospects who likely will be there when the Chiefs pick.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:57 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'd argue he should be.

Maybe his length isn't ideal, especially for the Chiefs. But man, he's a smooth, experienced, good pass protector with good athleticism and strength.

Maybe he isn't the LT you love long-term. But shoot, you can throw him into the mix with the expectation that he can smoothly transition to guard in 2025 if LT isn't a long-term home.

It makes a lot of sense to me.
Yes, exactly he is really low risk. He can start just about anywhere on the line. Lots of mocks have him going ahead of us, but if he is there at 32, I think he is a solid pick.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:06 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
So why is he down their board at #101?
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 08:00 AM 04-24-2024
I really think chiefs are trading up for Alt

Because of the fact it’s almost May, we are trying for a 3 peat and don’t SEEM to have an answer to one of the most important positions being LT.

Chiefs are obviously looking for a day 1 starter, and not just any starter will do. They can’t look for one for $20+million a season, so it has to be a draft pick.

I wonder if Veach has a deal in play for Titans pick?
[Reply]
O.city 08:24 AM 04-24-2024
There's just no way for them to feasibly get up high enough to take Alt.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:59 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
I really think chiefs are trading up for Alt

Because of the fact it’s almost May, we are trying for a 3 peat and don’t SEEM to have an answer to one of the most important positions being LT.

Chiefs are obviously looking for a day 1 starter, and not just any starter will do. They can’t look for one for $20+million a season, so it has to be a draft pick.

I wonder if Veach has a deal in play for Titans pick?
That would require such a haul of picks that it would get into the realm of potentially detrimental...

I mean, we're talking something along the lines of our 1, 2, 3, and 2025 1 and 2. It's just not a remote possibility.

Hell, even if we were to go to 10, I can't fathom it being less than our 1, 2 and 2025 1st and 3rd. Sure, I could live with that but man that's a lot to give up for 1 guy. You better be sure and he better not get injured.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That would require such a haul of picks that it would get into the realm of potentially detrimental...

I mean, we're talking something along the lines of our 1, 2, 3, and 2025 1 and 2. It's just not a remote possibility.

Hell, even if we were to go to 10, I can't fathom it being less than our 1, 2 and 2025 1st and 3rd. Sure, I could live with that but man that's a lot to give up for 1 guy. You better be sure and he better not get injured.
Setting aside for a moment the 'Draft Pick Value' cost - what team that sucked hard enough in 2023 wants to move down to 32? And at the benefit of also being at the back of the 1st next year in all probability?

In a vacuum it's exceptionally difficult. In reality its just not happening. Teams that suck that hard cannot turn to their fanbase and say "hey, fell out of the blue chips and really out of the 1st round talents altogether, but we can get 3 of those guys for the price of 1 blue chipper!"

This isn't Madden - these teams have fans to answer to. They simply will not do it.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:08 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
So why is he down their board at #101?
IMHO, his footwork is bad against speed rushers.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:32 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Setting aside for a moment the 'Draft Pick Value' cost - what team that sucked hard enough in 2023 wants to move down to 32? And at the benefit of also being at the back of the 1st next year in all probability?

In a vacuum it's exceptionally difficult. In reality its just not happening. Teams that suck that hard cannot turn to their fanbase and say "hey, fell out of the blue chips and really out of the 1st round talents altogether, but we can get 3 of those guys for the price of 1 blue chipper!"

This isn't Madden - these teams have fans to answer to. They simply will not do it.
The only possible partner might be the Bears at 9, but Alt would also have to slip that far which isn't likely. However if he did, the Bears only have 4 total picks this year so moving back to 32, plus a combination of mid round picks and next year's first might get them to move.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:45 AM 04-24-2024
If Alt's last name was "Thomas" would we be seeing as much fanfare/desperation to go get him from Chiefs fans? Methinks no.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
The only possible partner might be the Bears at 9, but Alt would also have to slip that far which isn't likely. However if he did, the Bears only have 4 total picks this year so moving back to 32, plus a combination of mid round picks and next year's first might get them to move.
I mean maybe you could give up the 2024 1 and 3 plus your 1 and 2 next year to get to 9 and then 9 plus this year's 2 to get to 6?

That's the only way I can see it being remotely doable.

So we've given up our first and second this year and next, plus this year's 3rd.

For Alt?

Fuck all the way off on that. No non-QB is worth that.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:07 AM 04-24-2024
If Alt's last name was "Thomas" would we be seeing as much fanfare/desperation to go get him from Chiefs fans? Methinks no.
I don't think he would get the national consensus number one with out that last name. He's good across the board but if he never made a pro bowl (Wich he will with the name recognition) I would not be completely shocked.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 04-24-2024
People would at least be considering the cost of acquiring him.

As it stands "We're going to trade of for Alt" seems to be done with NO consideration of just exactly what that would cost.

We'd essentially gut 2 years worth of drafts to do that. Nobody's doing that for Joe Smith. Nobody's even considering it.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:16 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
People would at least be considering the cost of acquiring him.

As it stands "We're going to trade of for Alt" seems to be done with NO consideration of just exactly what that would cost.

We'd essentially gut 2 years worth of drafts to do that. Nobody's doing that for Joe Smith. Nobody's even considering it.
Wait....Is Joe Smith related to Tyron? That's PEDIGREE!
[Reply]
Balto 11:23 AM 04-24-2024
I would not be surprised if Veach took a guy that is being pegged "RT only". I think the plan was to move Taylor over to LT if Veach was able to get a RT in the draft. HE didn't so they went with the Brown signing and just kept Taylor at RT.

Why wouldn't this year be the same? I think ALL OT's regardless of RT/LT experience could be Veach's pick.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:43 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
I would not be surprised if Veach took a guy that is being pegged "RT only". I think the plan was to move Taylor over to LT if Veach was able to get a RT in the draft. HE didn't so they went with the Brown signing and just kept Taylor at RT.

Why wouldn't this year be the same? I think ALL OT's regardless of RT/LT experience could be Veach's pick.
I think they may too but its all about measurables and has nothing to do with LT or RT designations. But theres still so few with the right measurable. It's going to be a bitch.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up