Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:13 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Dude hit a guy on the sideline and another guy hit Levis late.

Have you been to Lexington? I've only been to 7 SEC cities (6 excluding Nashville), and I'd rate them the following in terms of living and leisure.

1. Knoxville
2. Lexington
3. Athens
4. CoMo
5. Tuscaloosa
6. Auburn
You see what you want to see lol
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:14 PM 11-05-2022
I talk too much shit to not take it back. 99% sure I posted in the 2020 thread after Mizzou beat Kentucky.

Wait until basketball season starts in the Kansas thread. :-)
Fair enough.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:15 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
You see what you want to see lol
So will you acknowledge that Kentucky had 5 more penalties called against them and they (Kentucky) had 12 penalties total? Or are you not going to and say the fix is in while also not mentioning Mizzou's punter ran a fake in their own territory, Cook fumbled on Mizzou's own side of the 50, and still scored 17 points, which were 4 less than 21?
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:20 PM 11-05-2022
So will you acknowledge that Kentucky had 5 more penalties called against them and they (Kentucky) had 12 penalties total? Or are you not going to and say the fix is in while also not mentioning Mizzou's punter ran a fake in their own territory, Cook fumbled on Mizzou's own side of the 50, and still scored 17 points, which were 4 less than 21?
You mad? Never said a fix was in. That’s weak. The refs were bad. Real bad. Multiple blown game changing calls. Who gives a shit about a random false start.

But you know that already. You’re being purposely obtuse because you don’t want to admit that your team won due to the officiating.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:23 PM 11-05-2022
You mad? Never said a fix was in. That’s weak. The refs were bad. Real bad. Multiple blown game changing calls. Who gives a shit about a random false start.

But you know that already. You’re being purposely obtuse because you don’t want to admit that your team won due to the officiating.
That's because I never, ever, even when Kentucky's gotten the short end of controversial calls blame the refs when determining a game. Off the top of my head, that includes having a starting RB get ejected in a bowl game because he told a ref he didn't want to be helped up. A missed facemask last year vs Tennessee in a crucial point of the game and then another penalty being called on Stoops making it 4th and 24 (which Kentucky converted).

I'd be pissed if Kentucky lost the way Mizzou did. I get it. But Mizzou had 4 quarters to outscore Kentucky, didn't, and made crucial mistakes throughout the game.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:32 PM 11-05-2022
The bolded is absolutely false from TV/media
Sorry guy but you are incorrect.....I have lived in 3 states that are legacy SEC (Kentucky, South Carolina and Florida)

The obvious tone when speaking of Mizzou is one of disdain. You may not hear it now, but it is obvious when the local sports broadcasters (most of whom are old guard SEC) talk about playing Mizzou.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:34 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Sorry guy but you are incorrect.....I have lived in 3 states that are legacy SEC (Kentucky, South Carolina and Florida)

The obvious tone when speaking of Mizzou is one of disdain. You may not hear it now, but it is obvious when the local sports broadcasters (most of whom are old guard SEC) talk about playing Mizzou.
I've lived in Kentucky and live in Alabama and grew up in Missouri.

No one cares here in Alabama and Kentucky's been either too irrelevant in football or too dominant in basketball to have a rival.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:35 PM 11-05-2022
The history of a program should be immaterial. The rules should be applied in a straightforward fashion. We all know that doesn't happen. It was awful at Allen Field House when we were in the previous conferences, but this is an entirely new beast.

Every game they play in conference they get fucked over. This was the most egregious I've yet seen. Mizzou could hire Don Draper to design an ad campaign and pour tens of millions into market research and advertising, but it's not going to change the fact that they are going to get continually fucked over because they aren't one of the good ol' boys. Even if they had the talent of the early 2000's Miami Hurricanes it wouldn't matter, because the conference is bound and determined to fuck them over. It's not a matter of this happening one time, five times, or twenty times, it happens all the time. Eventually, it's not just an accident.

The BOC should have just bided their time and joined the Big Ten.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:37 PM 11-05-2022
That's because I never, ever, even when Kentucky's gotten the short end of controversial calls blame the refs when determining a game. Off the top of my head, that includes having a starting RB get ejected in a bowl game because he told a ref he didn't want to be helped up. A missed facemask last year vs Tennessee in a crucial point of the game and then another penalty being called on Stoops making it 4th and 24 (which Kentucky converted).

I'd be pissed if Kentucky lost the way Mizzou did. I get it. But Mizzou had 4 quarters to outscore Kentucky, didn't, and made crucial mistakes throughout the game.
I don’t think these happen in a vacuum. This happens to all teams. Mizzou fans, including myself, thinks this happens to us more than everyone else. I don’t think it does it’s just a function of who you root for.

I was so pissed at the Chris Jones call in the AFC championship game when he barely grazed Brady’s face mask with his arm and a 3 and out turned into a touchdown drive.

But this game didn’t happen in a vacuum and it was criminal what the refs did to us today. To celebrate this win as a true win is weak as fuck.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:39 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The history of a program should be immaterial. The rules should be applied in a straightforward fashion. We all know that doesn't happen. It was awful at Allen Field House when we were in the previous conferences, but this is an entirely new beast.

Every game they play in conference they get fucked over. This was the most egregious I've yet seen. Mizzou could hire Don Draper to design an ad campaign and pour tens of millions into market research and advertising, but it's not going to change the fact that they are going to get continually fucked over because they aren't one of the good ol' boys. Even if they had the talent of the early 2000's Miami Hurricanes it wouldn't matter, because the conference is bound and determined to fuck them over. It's not a matter of this happening one time, five times, or twenty times, it happens all the time. Eventually, it's not just an accident.

JFC did your gas station buddy tell you this. Lol.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:40 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

I’ve been banging this drum for a while now, well said Hamas. The SEC is determined to keep them in the cellar.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:44 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I’ve been banging this drum for a while now, well said Hamas. The SEC is determined to keep them in the cellar.
This makes no logical or financial sense. The SEC only benefits from every team being competitive. You all are some weak minded fucks.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:45 PM 11-05-2022
But this game didn’t happen in a vacuum and it was criminal what the refs did to us today. To celebrate this win as a true win is weak as ****.
It's a win in the record books with no asterisk.

It is what it is.

Drink needs to not be a shit play caller and actually get a real QB.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:46 PM 11-05-2022
This makes no logical or financial sense. The SEC only benefits from every team being competitive. You all are some weak minded fucks.
You do not realize how much this conference hates Mizzou. You should read Mosbonians post, it’s accurate as f***.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:48 PM 11-05-2022
It's a win in the record books with no asterisk.

It is what it is.

Drink needs to not be a shit play caller and actually get a real QB.
Cook was bad for sure. Maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t be in an opposing teams thread beating a dead horse. You do you though bro.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 109
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up