ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 97
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:43 PM 03-18-2022
They brought in a 25-year old WR on an affordable contract and who clearly has #2 WR upside and people are still bitching.

Honestly, I think I'm done with CP for a while.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:43 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If the Chiefs somehow come away with a J.Williams, Burks, Pickens etc then this JuJu signing will look a lot sexier.
That is where Im at as well. With this being a one year deal and Hardman headed towards free agency next year it doesnt feel like they are done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Yay, we're back (did we ever leave) of being the CP where you can't have concerns about players we sign, but you can shit on superstars when they get signed by rival teams.

Good Christ, guys. We're all going to have different opinions - and there's a fuckton of nuance on this one considering his age, the 1-year deal and his lack of consistent success. He (DJ) stated well before this signing why he didn't like the player - it's not like this is revisionist history.

With that said, I'm pretty meh on it, but also wouldn't be surprised if we revisit this thread in 365 days and some of y'all are complaining that we don't have him locked up for 2023 or later.
See the good news is I've got it coming and going.

Didn't want him signed BUT if we're gonna sign him, should've signed him to some actual term.

If he sucks - I'm good. Had it all along. If he's great - still good; shoulda signed him long-term.

That's how you do this shit, boys...

#lawyered
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:45 PM 03-18-2022
Yay, we're back (did we ever leave) of being the CP where you can't have concerns about players we sign, but you can shit on superstars when they get signed by rival teams.

Good Christ, guys. We're all going to have different opinions - and there's a fuckton of nuance on this one considering his age, the 1-year deal and his lack of consistent success. He (DJ) stated well before this signing why he didn't like the player - it's not like this is revisionist history.

With that said, I'm pretty meh on it, but also wouldn't be surprised if we revisit this thread in 365 days and some of y'all are complaining that we don't have him locked up for 2023 or later.
There's plenty of the opposite reactions too.

The problem with CP, like society in general, is that there's almost no room for a neutral or moderate position.

Everybody has to be lumped into camps of polar opposition so that a fight can ensue.

It's tiring.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:45 PM 03-18-2022
The odds are high that JuJu won't play all 17 games.

I'm really hoping for a 1st round WR at this point. I want a REAL threat on the perimeter.
Guck that. We can get a good DE starter at 30. Signed for 5 years if they are great instead of 4 in later rounds.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:45 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They brought in a 25-year old WR on an affordable contract and who clearly has #2 WR upside and people are still bitching.

I can't speak for DJ, but it seems like this is the breaking point.

Some believe he has that upside, some don't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:45 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Didn't want him signed BUT if we're gonna sign him, should've signed him to some actual term.

If he sucks - I'm good. Had it all along. If he's great - still good; shoulda signed him long-term.

#lawyered
And I have a feeling that Juju wasn't looking for something long term. He wants a prove it deal where he can actually, you know, prove it this time.

Yes I realize that in your eyes that means we shouldn't have signed him.

Just saying....a long term deal has to have two sides to it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 03-18-2022
I can't speak for DJ, but it seems like this is the breaking point.

Some believe he has that upside, some don't.
What's wrong with just waiting and seeing how he does before we pass judgement either way?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:46 PM 03-18-2022
Josh Gordon was also twice the player JuJu ever was.

My point being that production from that long ago means nothing when he's been rather unspectacular since then.

Watkins was a much better player at the time of his signing with the Chiefs.
JuJu’s career season: 111 receptions, 1,426 yards receiving, 7 TD’s.

Gordon’s career season: 87 receptions, 1,646 yards receiving, 9 TD’s.

Gordon’s career season was 8 years removed, and countless failed drug tests/suspensions from when he signed with the Chiefs.

JuJu’s career season is 4 years ago.

Gordon is 30, JuJu is 25.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:47 PM 03-18-2022
How you figure?

I mean, i'm hoping for the best and all and will certainly root for him. But I'm not seeing this "cover-2 beater" shit that everyone else is.

His skill set is not particularly unique or rare. He's not a guy that requires doubles, and you could man him up with a single defender fairly consistently with success.
Because he’s really good finding soft spots in zones, sitting down and then getting RAC with the ball in his hands. He also has reliable hands (69% career catch rate of overall targets to catches) so he helps move the chains on the long drives we’re become accustomed to since every team drops 2 deep safeties to combat the long TDs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:47 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

#lawyered
Exactly. Veach isn’t in or out on JuJu. Maybe it’s the injury history. Maybe his attitude? See how he fits in the locker room? Who knows but Veach.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:47 PM 03-18-2022
It's tiring.
So is banging Direkshun's whore mother and yet I persevere...
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:47 PM 03-18-2022

There's legitimate concerns about the player.

I'm glad the Chiefs made a move here as the cupboard was barren. I can see him as a piece. Just not "The piece".

They still need a legitimate threat to pair with Hill to make this group "Legion of Zoom" scary again.

Im holding out hope that they view JuJu as a piece of the puzzle for what is a complete WR room overhaul, including a high end draft pick.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:48 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
but why didnt he choose the Chiefs last year?
Came back for Ben's last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 03-18-2022
What's wrong with just waiting and seeing how he does before we pass judgement either way?
What's the fun in riding the fence on an internet chat board?

I'm not interested in someone that puts their hand out the window and tells me its raining.

Ain't any money on this one, fellas - state your case and see if you're right.

I'm right more than I'm wrong. But I'm wrong with some frequency. Doesn't bother me any.

Shooters gonna shoot...
[Reply]
Page 16 of 97
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up