Page 19 of 103
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:40 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Bengals downfall will be their defense.
Their DL injuries are going to be a problem.

I don't think they can stop us at home.

And their OL is going to just cave in Arrowhead.

Gotta beat the Bills.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:40 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I'm a fan of Burrow in general, but there's just no way you were sucking him off like this in October. To that point the comparisons with him and Herbert were ****ing LAUGHABLE. And now everyone thinks he's Montana? Again, I expect a positive career trajectory, but pump the brakes.

Meanwhile, Allen gets discredited because he looks and plays a little different to most top QBs. Hell, I'm not even saying who he is and isn't better than, but he's still underrated.

I think it was Acho (that suddenly loudmouth bitch, yeah) who put his tweet our after Saturday's games, what was it, 1. Rodgers, 2. Brady, 3. Mahomes, 4. Burrow ... then everyone else?

That is just beyond ignorant and stupid.
Calm down there guy.

I don't know if you follow the draft but Burrow was drafted ahead of Herbert.

Herbert went to a better team and has done more so far but Burrow closed the gap quickly.

They are both really good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:41 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I'm a fan of Burrow in general, but there's just no way you were sucking him off like this in October. To that point the comparisons with him and Herbert were ****ing LAUGHABLE. And now everyone thinks he's Montana? Again, I expect a positive career trajectory, but pump the brakes.

Meanwhile, Allen gets discredited because he looks and plays a little different to most top QBs. Hell, I'm not even saying who he is and isn't better than, but he's still underrated.

I think it was Acho (that suddenly loudmouth bitch, yeah) who put his tweet our after Saturday's games, what was it, 1. Rodgers, 2. Brady, 3. Mahomes, 4. Burrow ... then everyone else?

That is just beyond ignorant and stupid.
Look at what Burrow's season numbers are. Look at what he did on 3rd and freakin' 27 against The Chiefs. He's got big brass balls, playing on a surgically reconstructed knee that can't possibly be 100%.

I think Herbert's really good, too, I do. But he's kind of like Allen in that he's folded in the clutch so far.

Rodgers and Brady are old. The future of the QB position is clearly in the AFC right now. I think Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Burrow, Allen, and Herbert are all of elite caliber, although Allen and Herbert need to actually win something before I'm a total believer. Burrow at least won a championship in college, and the NFL doesn't seem to be any different to him.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 01-17-2022
I think you guys are underselling Allen. He's pretty damn good.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:43 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is a thread where Buffalo fans have claimed Allen is better or equal to Mahomes.

Underselling is not the issue.

:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 10:44 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Oh I did.

Listening to these guys speak as they have a fucking clue.

So I throw out bait and the fish swim up.

CP is like fucking clock work and so predictable.
You are such a winner and Alpha Male with that super strategy. Great job on accomplishing that. Really added to the discussion and all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:45 AM 01-17-2022
The Bills went the Mahomes route and surrounded him with weapons to help him succeed.
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 01-17-2022
The Bills went the Mahomes route and surrounded him with weapons to help him succeed.
Is that a problem? What else should they have done?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:47 AM 01-17-2022
Is that a problem? What else should they have done?
No, I didn't mean it as a problem. I think it was smart and it's working out for them.

The Bengals did the same thing.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:49 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Burrow was always better than Allen.

He was a better QB prospect.

He was better in his first 2 years.

And he had far worse team than Allen had where Allen went to a team that made the playoffs while Burrow was drafted by the Bengals who were at the bottom of the NFL.
To me Allen is a better QB than Burrow because of his ability to be a legit threat with his legs. Don't get me wrong, I think Burrow might end up as the better QB, but right now Allen is the second best QB in the AFC. Buffalo will be our biggest challenge of all games outside of perhaps the SB. They are legit good and not some average team that caught lightning in a bottle.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:51 AM 01-17-2022
No, I didn't mean it as a problem. I think it was smart and it's working out for them.

The Bengals did the same thing.
Allen's going to have to show me he won't melt down in the clutch before I'm fully onboard.

Remember last year in the AFCCG when he threw the ball at a player after getting sacked? Remember the epic meltdown the year prior in the play-offs?

Yeah. Loads of talent, but I'm not seeing the mental toughness. That can improve, and it may.

He and Herbert are similar in that way, I think, right now.

Burrow seems to me to be of a different type entirely as far as his mind goes.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:52 AM 01-17-2022
For sure. We know Mahomes is better, that's not even a debate, which is why there's no need to downplay Allen at all.

I wonder if people downplay the opponent to make themselves feel better, or if they're actually not paying attention? Make no mistake, the Bills are a tougher matchup than any of the other 1-2 seeds get next week. And when we win, it'll be a more impressive result than any of those 1-2 seeds winning, too.

Compared to the Bengals, much better OL, coaching and defense for BUF. Compared to the Titans, much better QB play. This will be our toughest game before the SB. And could be tougher than that, depending on who makes it in the NFC.
[Reply]
Oxford 10:52 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Anyones game with the way Spags will try to defend em. Itll all come down to our corners abilities to avoid DPI and how they perform in single coverage.
Single coverage? Just allows Allen the room to scramble. I'd say more zone, its Arrowhead, the noise will give our pass rush a bit of an edge to get after Allen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:54 AM 01-17-2022
If we do end up playing the Bengals, wonder what they'll have Bates doing. He was a terror against the Raiders.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:55 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
To me Allen is a better QB than Burrow because of his ability to be a legit threat with his legs. Don't get me wrong, I think Burrow might end up as the better QB, but right now Allen is the second best QB in the AFC. Buffalo will be our biggest challenge of all games outside of perhaps the SB. They are legit good and not some average team that caught lightning in a bottle.
Buffalo right now is definitely the biggest threat to KC. No question.

Their decision to beef up their front four was a smart one, and is paying dividends.

Allen's great as long as their scripted plan is working. If it's not, he runs. If that's working, then he's still great. If you take that away from him too, he shits down his leg. So far, that's what I have seen.

Now, that's easier said than done, and this is a big test and I think will be an epic showdown, but I'd bet on Allen turning the ball over more than Mahomes and that will be the difference.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 103
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up