ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>Mind-blowing actor crossovers
Hammock Parties 01:16 AM 03-07-2021
There are a lot of these and I'm aware of a good percentage.

But this...THIS ONE...has left my brain in another dimension.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:19 PM 03-09-2021
a wholesome gay couple!
[Reply]
Frazod 03:21 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I to liked them both. Saw the Stallone Dredd most recently, need to watch the Urban Dredd again.
The Stallone Dredd is, like so many other Stallone action movies, cheesy, mindless fun. Kind of like Cobra, only with recycled food. Apparently it shit all over the source material and pissed off the comic book fan base, but since I don't give a crap about the source material, I really have no problem with it.

The Urban Dredd, however, is absolutely spectacular. Fantastic film. Also, if there's ever been a more nonstop violent movie made, I haven't seen it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:45 PM 03-12-2021

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:14 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

She’s awesome.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:38 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
What movie is this from?
Enemy Mine with Dennis Quaid
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 AM 03-13-2021
go triple crossover

[Reply]
vailpass 11:14 AM 03-13-2021

Mmmmm.... Amy Pond
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:41 PM 03-13-2021
The "Top Men" guy from Indiana Jones is Porkins from Star Wars AND the fat corrupt cop from Tim Burton's Batman.

is

is

You have to appreciate The Last Starfighter for being one of the pillars that future visual effects were built upon.

Plus the story is just good clean fun, with a hilariously cheesy villain, and a great score.

It's like a live-action cartoon.

Yeah, all that's well and good but the best part of the movie is this bad mother****er and his space-monocle:

Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Mr. Brooks is probably in my top 10 of best movies simply because you never saw Kevin Costner being such an evil guy...

I remember liking that movie too. Well, except for the shootout scene near the end.

Speaking of Kevin Costner: he also played the corpse at the very beginning of The Big Chill.

[Reply]
Frazod 06:37 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Speaking of Kevin Costner: he also played the corpse at the very beginning of The Big Chill.

Yep. All of his scenes were cut from the movie. The director, Lawrence Kasdan, felt bad about it, and gave him the star-making roll of Jake in his next movie, Silverado.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:49 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yep. All of his scenes were cut from the movie. The director, Lawrence Kasdan, felt bad about it, and gave him the star-making roll of Jake in his next movie, Silverado.
The Big Chill was one of my favorite movies when it came out and for a few years after. I'm not sure why, as I was only 16 or 17 when it came out but the performances by all of the actors were phenomenal, especially Goldblum, who I thought was acting but later realized that's just him.

:-)

I'm actually glad Kasdan cut those scenes because as a viewer, it was more emotional not to see him that it would have been had we'd seen him, IMO. Plus, there were enough characters to follow and one more would have probably cluttered it up a bit too much.

I haven't seen Silverado in probably decades but as I recall, it was pretty awesome as well.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:14 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:

is

is

So, the first 2 are Christopher Collins. Is the 3rd him as well? If so, what from?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:49 AM 03-14-2021
So, the first 2 are Christopher Collins. Is the 3rd him as well? If so, what from?
Always remember him as Chris Latta. Not sure he even tried to differentiate Cobra Commander from Starscream.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:04 PM 03-14-2021

He played a member of an alien race called the Pakleds in one of the worst episodes of Star Trek the Next Generation.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:43 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Big Chill was one of my favorite movies when it came out and for a few years after. I'm not sure why, as I was only 16 or 17 when it came out but the performances by all of the actors were phenomenal, especially Goldblum, who I thought was acting but later realized that's just him.

:-)

I'm actually glad Kasdan cut those scenes because as a viewer, it was more emotional not to see him that it would have been had we'd seen him, IMO. Plus, there were enough characters to follow and one more would have probably cluttered it up a bit too much.

I haven't seen Silverado in probably decades but as I recall, it was pretty awesome as well.
Silverado is awesome. It is cheesy and silly, and basically every western cliche thrown into a blender, but it's well made, beautifully shot, and has one of the best casts ever assembled. I particularly liked Brian Dennehy's performance as the evil sheriff who is so likeable that you can't ever really hate him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:18 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Silverado is awesome. It is cheesy and silly, and basically every western cliche thrown into a blender, but it's well made, beautifully shot, and has one of the best casts ever assembled. I particularly liked Brian Dennehy's performance as the evil sheriff who is so likeable that you can't ever really hate him.
I somehow missed that film in the theaters but saw it years later on HBO and thought it was a blast. I should definitely revisit.

The first time I became aware of Costner was No Way Out. He was so convincing and so likable, then that ending was mind-blowingly awesome! When Dances With Wolves was released, I saw it opening weekend and was completely blown away. One of these days, I need to watch his series on Paramount Plus.

And yeah, Dennehy was amazing in every role, whether he was a good guy or a bad guy. Dude was too cool.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up