ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 319
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:24 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I tried to say this in a couple mocks out there. I see them putting a 2nd on Ward. I expect they'll ROFR Wylie but wouldn't necessarily advocate it. The rest will likely be allowed to hit FA and then the Chiefs try to bring them back on vet min type of deals.

You're certainly not paying 2.1 million to guys like Pringle and Williams.
I remember you writing that. I get some of my best ideas from you.

Do RFAs figure into the Comp pick formula? I think maybe not because the original team had opportunities to keep the player if they wanted.

It would be nice if Ward, Wylie, Williams, or Pringle signed elsewhere, we got some type of comp draft pick.

I'm thinking if we want to keep them, Chiefs have to pay them some money. I think the year after '21 they would figure into the Comp formula if they go elsewhere.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:04 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I remember you writing that. I get some of my best ideas from you.

Do RFAs figure into the Comp pick formula? I think maybe not because the original team had opportunities to keep the player if they wanted.

It would be nice if Ward, Wylie, Williams, or Pringle signed elsewhere, we got some type of comp draft pick.

I'm thinking if we want to keep them, Chiefs have to pay them some money. I think the year after '21 they would figure into the Comp formula if they go elsewhere.
Unless something changed in the Comp formula, which I don't think it has, then RFAs do not count.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:01 AM 02-21-2021

Chargers TE Hunter Henry on impending free agency: "I want to play somewhere there's a good quarterback"https://t.co/EN19U80WXx pic.twitter.com/a0YmaP7HL8

— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) February 20, 2021

Ouch.
[Reply]
In58men 02-21-2021, 11:20 AM
This message has been deleted by In58men.
RealSNR 11:26 AM 02-21-2021
Henry is probably tired of everybody bitching at him on Twitter for always underperforming in fantasy. Seems like every year he’s the “Get ready he’s poised for a break out season!” guy, and every year Rivers would cut his nuts off
[Reply]
In58men 11:45 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Henry is probably tired of everybody bitching at him on Twitter for always underperforming in fantasy. Seems like every year he’s the “Get ready he’s poised for a break out season!” guy, and every year Rivers would cut his nuts off
Doesn’t help that he’s injury prone.

Look at what Rivers did with Gates. Big difference when the player is on the field.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:24 PM 02-21-2021
I have to say, the way the Super Bowl went down is killing my excitement for the off-season a bit.

I'm always going to be tuned in and enthusiastic, just because I love this team, the players, coaches and my fellow fans.

But part of me sort of wonders what the point of getting worked up over all this is, since the refs can make sure you have no chance of winning the Super Bowl once you get there. The officiating in that game still leaves an unbelievably bad taste in my mouth. I don't mind losing, but being cheated out of even having a chance is just really disheartening.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:41 PM 02-21-2021
Lol we weren't winning regardless if that makes you feel any better. The injuries on the OL ensured that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:55 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Lol we weren't winning regardless if that makes you feel any better. The injuries on the OL ensured that.
I’m just not sure. Refs set the tone early when we were actually making some plays on both sides of the ball. Patrick was running and injured, and he was still balling out. Making crazy plays, hitting guys with catchable balls. Hard to overcome all the bad drops, and the one sided reffing. None of the team seemed very focused, didn’t see any positive interactions between our players, didn’t see Mahomes and Andy sitting on the bench going over plays one time (although it’s possible I missed it and was fairly drunk), didn’t see players pumping each other up in the biggest game of the year. None of the camaraderie, and leadership from our guys seemed to be there during that game, which is the exact opposite of what they’ve shown us for 3 years, all missing from the team. Was very bizarre, and it just seemed the guys didn’t have their heads in it from top to bottom.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:04 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I’m just not sure. Refs set the tone early when we were actually making some plays on both sides of the ball. Patrick was running and injured, and he was still balling out. Making crazy plays, hitting guys with catchable balls. Hard to overcome all the bad drops, and the one sided reffing. None of the team seemed very focused, didn’t see any positive interactions between our players, didn’t see Mahomes and Andy sitting on the bench going over plays one time (although it’s possible I missed it and was fairly drunk), didn’t see players pumping each other up in the biggest game of the year. None of the camaraderie, and leadership from our guys seemed to be there during that game, which is the exact opposite of what they’ve shown us for 3 years, all missing from the team. Was very bizarre, and it just seemed the guys didn’t have their heads in it from top to bottom.
Britt Reid.

All year I’m sure it was preached to the team to stay together, focus on the end goal, and be disciplined amid all the Covid bullshit. Then a coach acts selfishly, injuring a child in the process. Grown men or not, after that happened I am certain a lot of the belief/commitment in the room went away.

Pretty sure Goodell did not want the dark cloud surrounding a Super Bowl win for the Chiefs when Andy Reid’s own flesh and blood might be heading to jail for a long time. The O-line was atrocious, the penalties did not help, but the morale of the team was probably broken days earlier.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:33 PM 02-21-2021
The way I see it, the officiating put us in a hole our offensive line assured we couldn't get out of.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:37 PM 02-21-2021
Nah. We failed to execute on offense even in the early game.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:49 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
The way I see it, the officiating put us in a hole our offensive line assured we couldn't get out of.
THIS

It wasn't ALL on the refs, and it wasn't ALL on the line

But they both have a 50% share of it
[Reply]
poolboy 02:59 PM 02-21-2021
say theoretically we have 10-11 mill to spend on a free agent. Where do you start and who do you like?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:15 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
say theoretically we have 10-11 mill to spend on a free agent. Where do you start and who do you like?
I’d sign a couple pass rushers. Watt + Charlton, Miller + Charlton, something to that effect.

Draft young talent for the offense primarily just looking at the depth of OL, WR in this class.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:43 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
i thought that at first too. But looking back, that should have been a 7-6 game at halftime.

Who knows how we come out in the second half only trailing by one instead of 15.

We didn't play well but the refs ensured that we weren't going to ever have a chance.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 319
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Up