ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 34
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
Direckshun 01:41 AM 01-15-2021
Try it out here.

Post your results.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:21 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Um, positional value IS about the most immediate or potential impact on the team.

That' why certain positions, like RB, have lower positional value - because they don't have a huge impact in terms of winning games anymore.
Mostly I agree; except that when you're a SB quality roster, but have definite weaknesses, then those positions are of most value.

I mean, a QB is the most valuable position, but drafting one high would make no sense for KC.

If Veach thinks Humphrey or whomever is a day one upgrade starter on the weakest positon group on the team, then that's pretty valuable-whereas it might not be on another team with skill position holes.

In general, I think a DE is the most valuable position of need for THIS team NOW, but it's possible that your day one upgrade talents will be gone by #31.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Mostly I agree; except that when you're a SB quality roster, but have definite weaknesses, then those positions are of most value.

I mean, a QB is the most valuable position, but drafting one high would make no sense for KC.

If Veach thinks Humphrey or whomever is a day one upgrade starter on the weakest positon group on the team, then that's pretty valuable-whereas it might not be on another team with skill position holes.

In general, I think a DE is the most valuable position of need for THIS team NOW, but it's possible that your day one upgrade talents will be gone by #31.
Of course, need is a factor. It's hard to have an impact at all if you can't make your way onto the 2-deep.

To me, "value" is a combination of:

1. postion
2. team need
3. red flags (e.g. injury history)

All of these things determine how much "impact" a player can potentially have and thus, how valuable they are.

CEH, for example, wasn't a "bad" pick because although #1 is low, #2 was quite high and #3 was non-existent.

A quality center would be pretty good value overall because even though #1 is lower (not as low as OG) #2 is again VERY high. Provided #3 remains zero (I'm looking at you Landon Dickerson) you're likely to get value at center.

EDIT: And yes, your example of a DE is very apt. A DE has HIGH positional value, HIGH team value (because we have none opposite Clark) and provided #3 is low, that player is likely to contribute early and often. That's value.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:42 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Several pages in this thread, so this may have already been posted, but I really like -

NFL Mock Draft Database - https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com...raft-simulator.

I think it does a fair job of rating players.
Gave this one a test ride.

31. - Terrace Marshall Jr. - WR - LSU
63. - Brevin Jordan - TE - Miami
95. - Rashard Weaver - EDGE - Pitt
137. Talanoa Hufanga - S - USC
145. Royce Newman - IOL - Mississippi
176. David Moore - IOL - Grambling
182. Thomas Graham Jr. - CB - Oregon
259. Naquan Jones - DL - Michigan State
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 05:00 PM 03-15-2021
Um, positional value IS about the most immediate or potential impact on the team.

That' why certain positions, like RB, have lower positional value - because they don't have a huge impact in terms of winning games anymore.
That's true most of the time. I just don't think you have to be pigeonholed into a certain position, especially at pick 31. Derrick Henry has a huge impact on his team. I like CEH but I would have preferred either waiting for him or taking a different back.

And I know it goes with saying but you have to add talent in that criteria list for positional value. If you have what you believe is a transcendent talent that falls to you and meets a need, its worth considering even if it's not your most pressing need
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:26 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
That's true most of the time. I just don't think you have to be pigeonholed into a certain position, especially at pick 31. Derrick Henry has a huge impact on his team. I like CEH but I would have preferred either waiting for him or taking a different back.

And I know it goes with saying but you have to add talent in that criteria list for positional value. If you have what you believe is a transcendent talent that falls to you and meets a need, its worth considering even if it's not your most pressing need
Transcendent talents don't get to #31 without red flags. Landon Dickerson would be by far the #1 interior linemen in this draft or just about any draft, if he wasn't hurt all the time.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:55 PM 03-15-2021
Dickerson is a near Quinten Nelson type of player when he's healthy. The question is, can he stay healthy. Two significant ligament injuries to the same knee is a tough pill to swallow in the 1st, no matter how badly you might like the player. I just don't know if I could pull that trigger.

I guess what you're hoping for is at least that he lasts his rookie deal but then know you're not going to likely re-sign him as he gets older and more wear takes its toll. Is it worth it? Maybe.

That said, I just as well take Creed Humphrey there because I don't feel like the drop off is significant enough to take on the injury history.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Dickerson is a near Quinten Nelson type of player when he's healthy. The question is, can he stay healthy. Two significant ligament injuries to the same knee is a tough pill to swallow in the 1st, no matter how badly you might like the player. I just don't know if I could pull that trigger.

I guess what you're hoping for is at least that he lasts his rookie deal but then know you're not going to likely re-sign him as he gets older and more wear takes its toll. Is it worth it? Maybe.

That said, I just as well take Creed Humphrey there because I don't feel like the drop off is significant enough to take on the injury history.
Exactly.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 08:18 PM 03-15-2021
Transcendent talents don't get to #31 without red flags. Landon Dickerson would be by far the #1 interior linemen in this draft or just about any draft, if he wasn't hurt all the time.
That goes into the criteria you mentioned....you weigh all those factors. Significant injury history might be enough for me to rule out a player at 31. I'm not advocating for any particular player though....I'm advocating against ruling out a particular position at 31.

But to be real....if Dickerson's that good he's won't fall much further than 31 and we'll be kicking ourselves if he panned out
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:24 PM 03-15-2021
Yeah, I think the weakest part of doing this as a fan is the medical.

We only get so much info and even NFL teams disagree on risk assessment.

See Drew Brees when he was failed by Miami in FA but passed by NO.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:55 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Gave this one a test ride.

31. - Terrace Marshall Jr. - WR - LSU
63. - Brevin Jordan - TE - Miami
95. - Rashard Weaver - EDGE - Pitt
137. Talanoa Hufanga - S - USC
145. Royce Newman - IOL - Mississippi
176. David Moore - IOL - Grambling
182. Thomas Graham Jr. - CB - Oregon
259. Naquan Jones - DL - Michigan State
I think that would be a decent draft for KC. I'm still thinking we go OT, C, and LB somewhere in this draft.

I've noticed that several of these draft sites are uncertain what KC's last draft pick will look like. I think KC and Miami switched draft picks in the sixth and seventh round in the RB DeAndre Washington trade, so KC should get Miami's 6th round pick. Maybe that trade was conditional, so we did not get the pick. If so, we should still have our 7th round pick.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 12:35 AM 03-16-2021
Unless things change via free agency, I think there is a better than not chance that Steelers and Cowboys will each be drafting a center in round 2 (Steelers might even at #24). Obviously can't say that with 100% confidence, but both are DESPERATE in all caps. I would be shocked if Humphrey or Dickerson make it to #63.

The Cowboys do have Tyler Biadasz (didn't play well on limited action last year, but still was a prospect with high upside when they drafted him last year). Their fans seem to want Center early from my research for the CP Mock, but the team may view things differently... Especially given how many other holes they have.

While I would love Humphrey, thinking the sweet spot for the Chiefs may realistically be looking at the second tier of centers in rounds 3-5.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:58 PM 03-18-2021

Jaelan Phillips
EDGE Miami (FL)
trade icon
KC

Kelvin Joseph
CB Kentucky
KC

Dillon Radunz
OT North Dakota State
trade icon
KC

Quinn Meinerz
OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
KC

Cade Johnson
WR South Dakota State
KC

Josh Palmer
WR Tennessee
trade icon
KC

Tre McKitty
TE Georgia
KC

Janarius Robinson
EDGE Florida State
KC

Paris Ford
S Pitt
trade icon

FULL RESULTS
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:07 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I've noticed that several of these draft sites are uncertain what KC's last draft pick will look like. I think KC and Miami switched draft picks in the sixth and seventh round in the RB DeAndre Washington trade, so KC should get Miami's 6th round pick. Maybe that trade was conditional, so we did not get the pick. If so, we should still have our 7th round pick.
The official draft picks for the Chiefs are now out and we will get Dolphins pick at 207 -

Round 1: No. 31 overall
Round 2: No. 63
Round 3: No. 94
Round 4: Nos. 136, 144
Round 5: Nos. 175, 181
Round 6: No. 207 (from Steelers through Dolphins)

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...l-set-of-picks
[Reply]
Chargem 07:42 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
That goes into the criteria you mentioned....you weigh all those factors. Significant injury history might be enough for me to rule out a player at 31. I'm not advocating for any particular player though....I'm advocating against ruling out a particular position at 31.

But to be real....if Dickerson's that good he's won't fall much further than 31 and we'll be kicking ourselves if he panned out
you say that, wasn't Maurice Hurst slated to be a 1st round talent a couple of years ago, got some kind of heart issue picked up at the combine and fell to the 5th round?
[Reply]
el borracho 11:01 PM 03-20-2021
I'd probably fall right out of my chair:

51. Greg Newsome
63. Daviyon Nixon
74. Walker Little
94. Quinn Meinerz
124. Marquez Stevenson
136. Rodarius Williams
144. Jacoby Stevens
175. Janarius Robinson
181. Josh Imatorbhebhe