ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 69
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:28 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Given the current situation, I'll be very surprised if movie theaters in Los Angeles open before the end of 2021 but hopefully, it won't be quite that long.

Supposedly, Mulan has pulled in nearly $300 million on Disney+ so that may entice them to do the same with Black Widow.

But because of piracy, I'm skeptical that they'll make that move.
That would suck. But I guess Hollywood got scared off by Tenet underperforming?

I had no interest in paying $30 to stream Mulan. But id probably pay that to watch Black Widow if they dropped it online.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:37 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
That would suck. But I guess Hollywood got scared off by Tenet underperforming?
No, it's not due to Tenet (which was just another in a long line of disastrous decisions made since AT&T acquired HBO/Time-Warner) but because of the fact that Black Widow should gross somewhere around $750 million worldwide, which is most likely impossible today due to piracy.

Once it's pirated, who's going to pay $30 or $40 dollars to see it when they can just see it for free?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:22 PM 09-17-2020
Tatiana Maslany is your new She-Hulk.

I don't know much about the character but she's a great actress, IMO.
I agree. I really REALLY liked her in Orphan Black, even though there is a load of crap in that series, it's not her. She is really good. And I really dug her in Perry Mason (even though you didn't)

Initially in Orphan Black, I wasn't impressed, but once she rolled out the other characters, it was truly amazing.

Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:19 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I agree. I really REALLY liked her in Orphan Black, even though there is a load of crap in that series, it's not her. She is really good. And I really dug her in Perry Mason (even though you didn't)

Initially in Orphan Black, I wasn't impressed, but once she rolled out the other characters, it was truly amazing.

Looking forward to it.
I thought her performance was excellent but I don't think she was given much to do in the Perry Mason series.

She just has so much more range than the material she was given.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:21 PM 09-18-2020
Bad Boys for Life directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah have been chosen to direct Ms. Marvel for Disney+. Oscar-winning documentary short helmer Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and frequent TV director Meera Menon will also direct episodes of the show’s initial run.

Bisha K. Ali serves as head writer on the series which centers on Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teen character living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way.

The studio is currently in search of an actor to play the hero who is expected to be included in future Marvel films.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:00 PM 09-18-2020
I thought her performance was excellent but I don't think she was given much to do in the Perry Mason series.

She just has so much more range than the material she was given.
When she was Sister Alice, it was just simple over acting except for the tension with her mom, which was not a huge thing, but well done.

After she figured out her mom stole the corpse and stole a kid, I thought she did really well. It wasn't major minutes of screen time, but I found it tremendously compelling. One of the best parts of a show that had a lot of really good performances.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:12 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
When she was Sister Alice, it was just simple over acting except for the tension with her mom, which was not a huge thing, but well done.

After she figured out her mom stole the corpse and stole a kid, I thought she did really well. It wasn't major minutes of screen time, but I found it tremendously compelling. One of the best parts of a show that had a lot of really good performances.
You know, I'm just still mixed on Perry Mason. There were so many cool aspects of the show and I really loved the subplot of him and his mistress, especially considering the end result, which I did not expect.

To me, it's like the writers were walking a tightrope between "Fan Service" and going someplace different with the character altogether and I guess in the end, I wish they'd have gone one way or the other because chances are, it would have been a stronger overall story.

I think Season 2's success will be critical to a Season 3, so I hope they go all in next season instead of trying to serve two masters.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:23 PM 09-18-2020
You know, I'm just still mixed on Perry Mason. There were so many cool aspects of the show and I really loved the subplot of him and his mistress, especially considering the end result, which I did not expect.

To me, it's like the writers were walking a tightrope between "Fan Service" and going someplace different with the character altogether and I guess in the end, I wish they'd have gone one way or the other because chances are, it would have been a stronger overall story.

I think Season 2's success will be critical to a Season 3, so I hope they go all in next season instead of trying to serve two masters.
Yeah, I think your initial comments of if they'd have called it something other than Perry Mason it would have been a better show are on point.

It wouldn't have affected me because I hadn't seen the original. But it would have let you see it through the same lens I did.

Maybe I'm overplaying it, but I really dug it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:56 PM 09-20-2020
New WandaVision trailer...

Uhh..WTF?? But im in....

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:49 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Get her all greened out and I can see it. But, a tad short-ish?
Dude that plays Bruce Banner isn't exactly tall. It'll be fine
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:52 AM 09-21-2020
Bad Boys for Life directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah have been chosen to direct Ms. Marvel for Disney+. Oscar-winning documentary short helmer Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and frequent TV director Meera Menon will also direct episodes of the show’s initial run.

Bisha K. Ali serves as head writer on the series which centers on Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teen character living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way.

The studio is currently in search of an actor to play the hero who is expected to be included in future Marvel films.
Very excited to see who gets cast. Very excited for this character and show. Never saw bad boys for life
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:53 AM 09-21-2020
Thought I saw Wanda Vision likely would be December and the falcon and winter soldier early 2021.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:54 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
New WandaVision trailer...

Uhh..WTF?? But im in....

This looks crazy which may be awesome
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:10 AM 09-21-2020
OH.

MY.

GOD.

THAT TRAILER IS SICK. :-) WOW.

I absolutely love the creativity.
[Reply]
bowener 08:55 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
OH.

MY.

GOD.

THAT TRAILER IS SICK. :-) WOW.

I absolutely love the creativity.
If you love creativity, please tell me you have watched Legion. It's incredible and I don't know anyone that watched it.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 69
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up