ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stand Up Comedy
58-4ever 08:07 PM 12-11-2013
So, I've done a lot of thinking about this "art form"... I have a lot of favorites. Growing up, my dad had a traveling job. I would steal his cassette tapes of various comedians and I instantly fell in love with that whole era of comedy. I grew up listening to Carlin, Cosby, and Pryor. Over the years, my taste for comedy has evolved quite a bit. If I had to list a top 5 (current guys/girls) it would include, no certain order:

1) Chappelle
2) Louis CK
3) Kevin Hart
4) Joe Rogan
5) Joey Diaz

I know this has been discussed before, so the repost police can suck a dick.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:23 AM 09-10-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Lol. You and me both. I think it definitely fluctuates quite a bit. Its pretty consistent though when college tours or the like pop up. He does these nearly every yr. Sometime twice. Add in a few cruises etc and he gets by pretty well.
Yeah Im sure consistency is an issue but hell, even if I only mustered up 40k one year I'd be fine with that. His travel and hotel expenses are always paid for right?
[Reply]
Dayze 11:27 AM 09-10-2014
I "think" on tour its a deal where he's paid X amount per show or series of shows and everything (expenses) comes out of that. Except for the cruise thing. I think everything is included there. Minus his fee for his manager etc.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:23 AM 09-11-2014
Local dude I grew up with , James Johann has great stuff. Used to open for the Blue Collar team. He's a close friend of my brother and our family. His influence is primarily Carlin and his writing is top notch (when he does his Rural Genius bits on the radio).
I used to do comedy with James back when he was still an amateur mostly in the mid 90s. He hadn't discovered the blue-collar niche yet – but he was still pretty good. I saw him a few years ago and we caught up – super nice guy.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:52 AM 09-11-2014
Cool. Small world.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:12 AM 09-11-2014
Andrew Dice Clay, and also Bobcat Goldthwaite (not sure if I spelled right) is hilarious too!
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:35 AM 09-11-2014
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Andrew Dice Clay, and also Bobcat Goldthwaite (not sure if I spelled right) is hilarious too!
I'm not sure if you have the capacity to stand, but you deliver comedy gold in every post. We used to take a retard to Bo's nightclub to sing for the gong show. We won every time till they told us we couldn't bring him back. Are you Randy? Just checking.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:47 AM 09-11-2014
Anyone been to the new Standford and Sons in Overland Park?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:44 AM 09-11-2014
Local dude I grew up with , James Johann has great stuff. Used to open for the Blue Collar team. He's a close friend of my brother and our family. His influence is primarily Carlin and his writing is top notch (when he does his Rural Genius bits on the radio).
So this guy, like Larry The Cable Guy, also has a fake southern accent?
[Reply]
Dayze 09:59 AM 09-11-2014
Ehhhh. Not really. He has more of an "aw shucks" small town boy thing. He grew up in Lenexa and Paola (to some extent).
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:05 PM 05-28-2016
Sinbad, Brian Regan, bill burr, Loius CK, Maria Bamford, Kathleen Madigan are the ones Ive seen their specials multiple times.
Awww, suck a dick, geez.
No you suck a dick young man, my dick. My giant, grownup, I served in the Navy, grownup dick!!

Maria Bamford and Ed Begley Jr. a match made in heaven.*

* - it's the extra grownup that sells it.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:01 AM 05-29-2016
Ohhhhk
[Reply]
scho63 09:24 AM 05-29-2016
I've been on a massive binge on Youtube watching tons of comedy shows over the last two weeks.

I have tons of favorites but two comedians that are great at stand up that many people don't mention or know very well are Demetri Martin and Daniel Tosh.

-Demetri Martin is very "Steven Wright" like and has amazing jokes and timing.

-Daniel Tosh is a comedian who tells very offensive jokes that turn funny in his delivery and willingness to go after very difficult subjects

These two shows will have you laughing out loud many times! STRONG LANGUAGE MAKING IT NSFW

INMPORTANT NOTE: You need to select a faster speed to view this-normal speed is too slow. Go 1.25 or 1.5 in the settings

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:57 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
Patrice O'neal's Comedy Central special is on youtube and its hilarious.
Youtube's Al Gore Rhythm put this in my suggested clips feed this morning.

Still funny as fuck. And the thing with Patrice that so few standups have is, no matter what, his shit has a point and make sense. He didn't shoehorn his opinions to fit a bit. He expressed his opinion, and how he did it reliably happened to be very funny. Still one of the most authentic comics of the era.

You can go back and research, when he was at his best was when he was live, say on a radio show or a roundtable. And he could not only tell someone they were full of shit, he'd lay out in excruciating detail WHY they were full of shit. And he'd do it to people's faces. But he'd do it with an attitude that wasn't so much confrontational [or certainly not strident or angry] as it was 'reasonably bemused.' And eventually, the object of his analysis would chuckle, shake their head, and admit 'yeah, I was a little full of shit, there.'

Given what has happened, an incredibly funny, sad, poignant and concise line

Spoiler!

He is missed.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:13 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Still funny as fuck. And the thing with Patrice that so few standups have is, no matter what, his shit has a point and make sense. He didn't shoehorn his opinions to fit a bit. He expressed his opinion, and how he did it reliably happened to be very funny. Still one of the most authentic comics of the era.

You can go back and research, when he was at his best was when he was live, say on a radio show or a roundtable. And he could not only tell someone they were full of shit, he'd lay out in excruciating detail WHY they were full of shit. And he'd do it to people's faces. But he'd do it with an attitude that wasn't so much confrontational [or certainly not strident or angry] as it was 'reasonably bemused.' And eventually, the object of his analysis would chuckle, shake their head, and admit 'yeah, I was a little full of shit, there.'
There is a Patrice documentary streaming now.

Killing is Easy.
[Reply]
cookster50 06:16 PM 05-16-2021
Bill Burr coming to KC later in the year, have my tickets.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up