ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 46
« First < 323839404142 43444546 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Any fishkeepers here? Saltwater or freshwater
Silock 04:02 AM 11-16-2011
I'm looking at starting up a saltwater tank. Is there a good fish store in the KC area without driving out to Lawrence?
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 11:22 AM 04-10-2021
I've always wanted to do an aquarium again. Had one as a teen that was just a smaller freshwater tank, but I'd like to do a larger saltwater one with living coral and maybe shrimp and a handful of fish, but haven't ever pulled the trigger to try it.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:45 AM 04-10-2021
Love your guys’ setup. I’m just dabbling in some fancy guppies and other small fish. Great to watch them!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:36 PM 04-10-2021
I lost my 55G planted to a leak. I haven’t kept fish since but I do have an axolotl
[Reply]
srvy 04:33 PM 04-10-2021
My mom had a 20 gallon freshwater aquarium. I and my brothers would drop #2 pencil spears we called depth charges. We got the idea after watching the movie Run Silent Run Deep. It was great fun till Mom caught us.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 05:35 PM 04-10-2021
Glad to see you still at it Fish. Our tanks dwindled away, it's been a few years since we had a tank and this thread makes me want to set one up again. We still have almost everything needed equipment/rocks/decor wise.

I am sad that some of the posted pictures don't show up anymore.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:41 PM 04-10-2021
I miss Silock.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:08 PM 04-10-2021
https://youtu.be/qlLmLwOGnlA I’m not sure how to embed from my iPhone, but that’s my reef tank when it’s all blues.
[Reply]
Fish 12:22 AM 05-18-2021
Update on my new peacocks. Starting to show some good color. Got an alpha fight going between these two at the moment...

[Reply]
Fish 12:31 AM 05-18-2021
And here's a fat little pleco dragging a foot long turd.... You're welcome...

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:34 AM 05-18-2021
As I mentioned before, I have an axolotl. She's pretty freaking cool.
Attached: IMG_2945.jpg (113.7 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:22 AM 06-15-2021
Necro time.

Earlier in this thread, I detailed how I lost my 55-gallon aquarium in a floor-destroying catastrophe.

This thread was buried last summer in August when many of you may have seen my posts about "the derecho".

After losing thousands of dollars in prize koi, we decided to hire someone to rebuild the pond and finally fix all the little nagging issues I'd been patching for the last 10 years since inheriting the pond and its maintenance.

We spent $4000 for a guy to work 3-4 hours a day and he finally "finished" the pond in November, leaving us with no time to cycle and stock the pond before winter.

Long story short, I ended up this spring with a pond that had more issues, namely leaks, than before I spent the money. That's water under the bridge at this point (no pun intended) because the guy took money for other work (a front deck) that's in even worse shape and he's never coming back, so...

I finally got all of the functional fixes in place this past weekend. Excavated a ton of rock, fixed the waterfall leaks he created because he doesn't understand hydrodyamics (pretty sure at this point, he wasn't a "professional" pond builder).

Headed to get fish soon!
[Reply]
Fish 10:52 PM 06-25-2021
Ho-ly Shit!!! I'm pretty sure I've got a fry of baby German Red Peacock cichlids...

That's tank alpha male just to the left.... I've got a pair of German Reds. Never in a million years thought they would get comfortable enough in the tank to spawn a fry within a matter of months. This is crazy. I thought the fish had been acting weird lately...

This species typically sells for ~$20-30 a piece as a young juvenile. An average fry is ~40-50 babies. No clue though how many are actually in the tank right now, considering this is the first time this female german red has laid eggs. But if I can catch it earlier next time, I can move the mom fish to a separate spot and collect all the babies. Something, something... Profit!
[Reply]
eDave 11:12 PM 06-25-2021
That's a nice looking tank. Would love a full pic.

And congratulation to the new parents.
[Reply]
Fish 11:55 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
That's a nice looking tank. Would love a full pic.

And congratulation to the new parents.
Thanks. More older videos in my previous posts above. I'll try and take a full tank video sometime later. But I'm currently on vacation, so that probably won't happen for a while..
[Reply]
CatinKS 10:08 AM 06-26-2021
Our place has a 3/4 acre pond about 80 feet from my back door. Enjoy feeding catfish and grass carp in the evenings. For the last 4 years have been buying 50 lb sacks of fish food at the farm stores for around $15.

It is cheap entertainment and no fish tank to maintain or clean. The catfish have grown from 3lb to closer to 8lbs. Grass carp get so worked up I have seem a 3 foot carp jump clear out of the water. I guess fish feeding and some adult beverage in the evening....it don't get much more redneck than that!
[Reply]
Page 42 of 46
« First < 323839404142 43444546 >
Up