ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 247
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
lcarus 09:37 AM 09-09-2022
Everyone was saying all offseason what a great signing Allen Robinson was and how he was looking amazing in camp. He was supposed to make their passing game unstoppable blah blah blah
[Reply]
Best22 09:41 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Everyone was saying all offseason what a great signing Allen Robinson was and how he was looking amazing in camp. He was supposed to make their passing game unstoppable blah blah blah
Yeah, some people questioned if his decline last year was due to injury/playing on the Bears, or if he was just a declining player. It’s certainly interesting, he may not be the weapon the Rams thought he was

It’s still early though. Alot of teams have looked like trash in Week 1 and turned things around
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:50 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
This was more the Rams being ass than Buffalo dominating.
So much this.

The Bills are clearly really good, but the Rams were complete trash last night. I guess sitting 75% of your roster the entire preseason maybe isn't a great idea.

Also, the whole "overhyped" thing means exactly that. Yes, they are a great team but they haven't won squat yet and Tirico literally said Josh Allen is a combination of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning last night. That's just way over the goddamn top right now.

It's not really their fault, but the East Coast media bias is just ridiculous.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:51 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I don’t expect the Rams to lose by 21 points in another game this season. That was a beat down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was LA's first live action with a bunch of new people and Stafford had off season surgery.

Allen had preseason game snaps and their key offensive players are returning players.

Play this game in week 4 vs week 1 and it is not a blowout.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:51 AM 09-09-2022
Not trying to hate on the Bills, but last night was way more about the Lambs being bad.

The Lambs look like a team that went all in last year, won the Super Bowl and then had their HC and star defensive player both nearly retire this offseason. They look mentally checked out.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:54 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
They are probably the best team in the league right now.

Will they be the best team in the league in January? Let’s see.
I love that this post gets downvoted into eternity but we just saw the Bills dump all over the Rams, a flawed but very good team. Honestly the Bills could have dropped 45 if they'd gotten out of their own way in the first half.

Regardless, we'll see how the Chiefs look this Sunday and who the better team is in January, but right now the Bills sure look like the league's best.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 09-09-2022
I love that this post gets downvoted into eternity but we just saw the Bills dump all over the Rams, a flawed but very good team. Honestly the Bills could have dropped 45 if they'd gotten out of their own way in the first half.

Regardless, we'll see how the Chiefs look this Sunday and who the better team is in January, but right now the Bills sure look like the league's best.
While I agree, people were saying the same thing last year when the Bills dropped 40 points a game for 4 games early in the season. And they were saying the same thing in 2020 too.

The Bills always start pretty strong. It's a long season.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:58 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
So much this.

The Bills are clearly really good, but the Rams were complete trash last night. I guess sitting 75% of your roster the entire preseason maybe isn't a great idea.

Also, the whole "overhyped" thing means exactly that. Yes, they are a great team but they haven't won squat yet and Tirico literally said Josh Allen is a combination of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning last night. That's just way over the goddamn top right now.

It's not really their fault, but the East Coast media bias is just ridiculous.
He was playing like both of them last night. It was a fair comment. It would seem to me that a good strategy against the Bills D is the no-huddle. They rotate linemen very frequently. Don't allow them to do that.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:58 AM 09-09-2022

They sure looked better than anyone else I’ve seen so far this season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
He was playing like both of them last night. It was a fair comment. It would seem to me that a good strategy against the Bills D is the no-huddle. They rotate linemen very frequently. Don't allow them to do that.
No, it wasn't a fair comment at all. It was pure hyperbole.
[Reply]
DeathByArrows 10:06 AM 09-09-2022
One thing to remember is week one anything can happen. New Orleans made the Packers look like the worst team in football last year. With that being said we’ve seen this type of Buffalo in the playoffs last year, offensively at least.
[Reply]
Nixhex 10:11 AM 09-09-2022
I think the Bills defense is pretty damn good. Josh Allen is that dude, no doubt. Rams OLine played like shit. Looks like Robinson and Stafford need time to get their stuff together. Stafford missed Robert Woods last night. He had Cupp and a few to Higbee. Looked as if either Robinson was never open or Stafford just don't quite trust him yet.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:21 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This isn't a simple yes or no question.

Are the Bills good? Fuck yeah they are. They're most likely the most complete team in the AFC and they're going to go deep into the playoffs.

That being said, we've seen this from them before. They have beaten down a few contenders early in the season the last couple of years. They haven't been able to maintain it though.

So are they overhyped? No. And yes.
Yeah, so maybe their roster isn't overhyped... their paper-championness.

But, everyone who's ever watched sports knows there's a lot more to winning championships than having the best roster (unless you're Alabama football).
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:23 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by DeathByArrows:
One thing to remember is week one anything can happen. New Orleans made the Packers look like the worst team in football last year. With that being said we’ve seen this type of Buffalo in the playoffs last year, offensively at least.
Exactly. Craziness happens in the first week every year.

After one week last year, the Saints and Cardinals looked like the two best teams in the league and the Packers and Titans looked like the worst.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, so maybe their roster isn't overhyped... their paper-championness.

But, everyone who's ever watched sports knows there's a lot more to winning championships than having the best roster (unless you're Alabama football).
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 247
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up