ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
Frazod 05:58 PM 11-22-2008
Art my ass. I get tired of people trying to put a pretty bow on a steaming turd and call it "art," and then poo-poo the people who "don't get it."

I got it. I understand the point.

AND THAT DIDN'T STOP THE ENDING FROM SUCKING ASS.

Thank you.

:-)
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 05:59 PM 11-22-2008
How would you have ended it?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:12 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut:
1. At least show Brolin getting killed. Too major of a character to get greased offscreen. And to get popped by people who were barely part of the story?

2. Skip the wreck. Pointless and annoying.

I don't care that the bad guy won. That's fine. But the whole story is leading you to a confrontation, and then when it should happen they just shove shit in your face and call it art. If I'm somehow lame for wanting the storyline resolved, well, sue me. If I want to see a bunch of disjointed random shit I'll look out the window.
[Reply]
Otter 10:51 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
1. At least show Brolin getting killed. Too major of a character to get greased offscreen. And to get popped by people who were barely part of the story?

2. Skip the wreck. Pointless and annoying.

I don't care that the bad guy won. That's fine. But the whole story is leading you to a confrontation, and then when it should happen they just shove shit in your face and call it art. If I'm somehow lame for wanting the storyline resolved, well, sue me. If I want to see a bunch of disjointed random shit I'll look out the window.

Chug was picked up by the police on his way to a local hotel where he was going to set his arm broken from the crash. He was found guilty on all charges and spent the rest of his life in prison. He found Jesus and repented his sins on his death bed.

When he got to heaven he met with Llywellyn and his wife where they hugged, made up realizing and discussing their mistakes they made in their mortal bodies.

They were all reincarnated as bumble bees where they currently spend their days collecting nectar and building combs for their larvae. The Chugarh bumble bee ironically only has one antenna and gets lost when its windy.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:59 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Otter:

Chug was picked up by the police on his way to a local hotel where he was going to set his arm broken from the crash. He was found guilty on all charges and spent the rest of his life in prison. He found Jesus and repented his sins on his death bed.

When he got to heaven he met with Llywellyn and his wife where they hugged, made up realizing and discussing their mistakes they made in their mortal bodies.

They were all reincarnated as bumble bees where they currently spend their days collecting nectar and building combs for their larvae. The Chugarh bumble bee ironically only has one antenna and gets lost when its windy.

and if I had paid to see that play out I'd still be pissed
[Reply]
Otter 11:13 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:

and if I had paid to see that play out I'd still be pissed
You sir are a master of subtlety.

IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE

Good Lord!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:49 PM 11-22-2008

Id like to see Michael Bays: "No Country for Old Men" starring Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:35 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Id like to see Michael Bays: "No Country for Old Men" starring Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck.
"And in tonight's performance, the part of Bell will be played by Nicholas Cage."

Also starring Liv Tyler.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:09 PM 11-22-2008
Bruce Willis saves Julia Roberts from the gas chamber.
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 06:28 PM 11-22-2008
You're lame and don't get it.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:32 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by SportsRacer:
You're lame and don't get it.
Shouldn't you be sipping espresso in Greenwich Village right now?
[Reply]
Midnight_Vulture 06:40 PM 11-22-2008
Sigh:-)

THere is a reason this film was up for many Oscars (and won many Oscars)...CAUSE ITS BRILLANT!!!

Seriously, if you hated the ending then if I were you I would rewatch it or something cause the ending is the best part. It is deep and touching. Tommy Lee Jones' monologue really hits home.

As far as showing Brolin getting killed goes...why??? The Coens were doing something less conventional and it worked out perfectly. Brolin was offed just like that and that was a great move.

Of course, I dont expect a number of you "simpletons" to understand this film or book. That would be asking too much.:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:44 PM 11-22-2008
Everybody who loved this movie - meet your new friend. :-)
[Reply]
J Diddy 07:19 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture:
Sigh:-)

THere is a reason this film was up for many Oscars (and won many Oscars)...CAUSE ITS BRILLANT!!!

Seriously, if you hated the ending then if I were you I would rewatch it or something cause the ending is the best part. It is deep and touching. Tommy Lee Jones' monologue really hits home.

As far as showing Brolin getting killed goes...why??? The Coens were doing something less conventional and it worked out perfectly. Brolin was offed just like that and that was a great move.

Of course, I dont expect a number of you "simpletons" to understand this film or book. That would be asking too much.:-)
The mere fact that this douche likes it proves my point
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:23 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
The mere fact that this douche likes it proves my point
The fact that you posted this proves your lack of facility with regards to logic or the mechanics of establishing points.

That, and the fact that you're not self-aware enough to be embarassed that you didn't get a movie capable of being comprehended and appreciated even by a spraytan douchebag clubboi.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up