ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Everson Griffen in mental troubles
The Franchise 06:11 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Constitutional decision. Shall not be infringed.
Because mentally ill people need access to guns. Smart.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:02 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
How does he legally have a handgun after the mental illness issues in 2018?
I think only if he was involuntarily committed for a significant period (i.e. the state had to petition the court to have the ability to make medical decisions on his behalf)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:52 PM 11-24-2021
or he got another gun through illegal means
[Reply]
Otter 01:10 PM 11-24-2021

Always best to turn to social media.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:48 PM 11-24-2021
out

The Vikings defensive end left his home more than five hours after police arrived because he called 911.

The Vikings issued this statement: "Law enforcement agencies have notified us Everson Griffen came out of his home without incident and is now getting the care he needs. We are thankful to the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, the Carver County Sheriff's Office, the Minnetrista Police Department and the Orono Police Department for their quick response and dedication to ensuring the situation ended peacefully. Our focus remains on Everson's health and safety and providing the proper resources for him and his family."
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:29 PM 11-24-2021
That's the kind of patients I sometimes work with. Paranoia Schizophrenic I'm not diagnosing him with that but it's very scary. I see people walking along then just start yelling at no one there and go the fuck off hard to deal with for sure.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:03 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
That's the kind of patients I sometimes work with. Paranoia Schizophrenic I'm not diagnosing him with that but it's very scary. I see people walking along then just start yelling at no one there and go the fuck off hard to deal with for sure.
The absolute first thought that popped in my head was schizophrenia. I worked in the DD field many years ago though, so I'm not as conditioned to see things like I used to, but man did that bring back memories that I've seen that look of absolute terror before. Like you said, that may not be it, but it sure as hell looks like it.

I've seen similar in my life when someone is tripping out on meth but never with that level of physical control.

Either way, hope he finds the help he needs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:43 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The absolute first thought that popped in my head was schizophrenia. I worked in the DD field many years ago though, so I'm not as conditioned to see things like I used to, but man did that bring back memories that I've seen that look of absolute terror before. Like you said, that may not be it, but it sure as hell looks like it.

I've seen similar in my life when someone is tripping out on meth but never with that level of physical control.

Either way, hope he finds the help he needs.
He will be in a secure lock down facility I'm sure and they will draw lab and check his medication levels and evaluate and hope he can get back and grasp reality. My guess he felt good and stopped taking meds that kept him at a stable state of mind. That's how we get most repeat patients just because they stopped taking meds. I'm case in point for myself needing meds or I'll go off the deep end again.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:43 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He will be in a secure lock down facility I'm sure and they will draw lab and check his medication levels and evaluate and hope he can get back and grasp reality. My guess he felt good and stopped taking meds that kept him at a stable state of mind. That's how we get most repeat patients just because they stopped taking meds. I'm case in point for myself needing meds or I'll go off the deep end again.
I've seen more than one person with Bipolar behaving in the same fashion. They love the mania and how it feels, but it really messes with their grip on reality.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:50 PM 11-24-2021
I hope the people around him get him some professional help.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:11 PM 11-24-2021
Yeah, it's one thing to think someone is trying to kill you. It's another to post a video of it on social media. That's crazy.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:17 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yeah, it's one thing to think someone is trying to kill you. It's another to post a video of it on social media. That's crazy.
If I was thinking about breaking into some famous guys house, and he put on social media showing us he has a gun. Shit, I'm thinking twice and ain't gonna do that shit now.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 04:12 PM 11-24-2021
I'm glad this ended without any casualties. Really hope Everson gets the help he needs.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:15 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
This shit is seriously bad. Hope they can get him help soon.

I don't see what the big deal is. If he thinks someone is after him, best way to do it is let the world know you are packing heat in your home so you better think twice if you plan to break in and have a go at him.

I fail to see where the mental issue is. Sounds like he's issuing a warning to whoever he thinks wants to kill him. The big deal is hopefully police can help determine and neutralize the threat, if it is real.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:20 PM 11-24-2021
News here saying the vikes had a plan in place for this kind of thing and ran it well.

Time to be done with football EG.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up