ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Matt Nagy will be fired after Thanksgiving game
siberian khatru 10:36 AM 11-23-2021
So he has something in common with turkeys: They're both cooked Thursday.

A Pulitzer-prize winning Chicago reporter, @Konkolskorner, who doesn't regularly cover the Bears, reports that coach Matt Nagy has been told he'll be fired after Thursday's game at Detroit. https://t.co/47b6nzceyW

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) November 23, 2021

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:01 AM 11-23-2021
Now who is ready for the Chicago Bears vs. Detoilet Lions Thanksgiving Dumpster Fire Extravaganza.

JFC.
[Reply]
jettio 11:08 AM 11-23-2021
Folks like to pick on Matt Nagy, but Bears have won some games while he is head coach. It is hard to predict how the NFC North teams will do in the next few years, but I might root for the Bears to do worse after Nagy than they did with him because the talking heads on ESPN seem to go out of their way to bash the guy.
[Reply]
notorious 11:09 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Nagy ought to show up drunk and shirtless for the game.
It might improve some of his game decisions.
[Reply]
notorious 11:10 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Folks like to pick on Matt Nagy, but Bears have won some games while he is head coach. It is hard to predict how the NFC North teams will do in the next few years, but I might root for the Bears to do worse after Nagy than they did with him because the talking heads on ESPN seem to go out of their way to bash the guy.
This is true.

It’s not like he arrived with a wealth of talent and a good QB.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:11 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Nagy ought to show up drunk and shirtless for the game.
Ah, the old Todd Haley strategy
[Reply]
RunKC 11:24 AM 11-23-2021
I feel bad for the guy. He was forced to make something of Trubisky who sucks and then they get a QB finally and he doesn’t even get to have a chance with the guy.

They really kept Ryan Pace over him? Really?

The guy who traded up for Trubisky? :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:29 AM 11-23-2021
I was leaning Lions anyway. Now it’s a lock. Lol
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:38 AM 11-23-2021
Nagy scouted Trubisky as he was in the same draft as Mahomes. He knew what he was getting when he took the job.

Trubisky was actually starting to look the part when they cut him loose. Bad decision to let him go, he signed as a back up (bad decision on his part) but that also says he would not have cost much to keep. They could still have drafted Fields and let the two battle it out but not need to put Fields out there right away.

Fields first game with Nagy was the worst Ive seen as far as putting your rookie QB in harms way the entire fucking game. Fields should have sued Nagy for assault and negligence after that game. It was the kind of game that can ruin a young QB. Seriously.

Nagy is awful as a head coach and deserves to be fired! I say that as a fan of his that was very disappointed when we lost him.

I believe Kafka is the next OC if EB moves on. In fact, I think we will lose Kafka if he isnt promoted. Gonna have to make a tough decision on Bienemy if someone doesnt hire him away.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I feel bad for the guy. He was forced to make something of Trubisky who sucks and then they get a QB finally and he doesn’t even get to have a chance with the guy.

They really kept Ryan Pace over him? Really?

The guy who traded up for Trubisky? :-)
Perfect example of why maybe you shouldn’t just take the first job offer you get as a 1st time HC. I get that some guys want to strike while they can, but Nagy could’ve stayed in KC and waited for the perfect job if he wanted.

Also, I totally understand him getting fired when he’s an offensive minded coach and the offense has been terrible his entire tenure.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:47 AM 11-23-2021
Leftwich success means the Bears bring in Orton for OC
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:52 AM 11-23-2021
wtf

they could let him spend thanksgiving with his family
[Reply]
jettio 11:52 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Perfect example of why maybe you shouldn’t just take the first job offer you get as a 1st time HC. I get that some guys want to strike while they can, but Nagy could’ve stayed in KC and waited for the perfect job if he wanted.

Also, I totally understand him getting fired when he’s an offensive minded coach and the offense has been terrible his entire tenure.
One thing I would say critical of Nagy. Last year, Trubisky should have been back as starter as soon as Foles struggled. Trubisky's mobility was necessary to have any success with that offensive line.

Bears, still got the #7 seed, but might have won 1 or 2 more games if they went back to Trubisky sooner once Foles started struggling. They also should have called more design runs for Trubisky.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:54 AM 11-23-2021
Bring him in for a look?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:02 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Some of these guys jump at their first chance bc they don’t feel like it could come again. They see guys like Fangio who had to wait forever and think that could be them if they don’t take the job.

But yeah if I’m a coach I’m not going anywhere without a legit QB.

I bet Nagy will be the Bills OC next year when their current one takes a HC job
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:04 PM 11-23-2021
I guess it's nice of them to give him a going-away win by letting him coach against Detroit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up