ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Perhaps an unpopular opinion - I don't like the holidays
TLO 08:09 AM 11-23-2021
This is kind of hard to talk about, and I'm not certain of the words to explain why I don't like them.

Anyone else feel the same way?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:31 AM 11-23-2021
I enjoy nearly everything about the time of year from Thanksgiving week through New Years. Only thing I dislike is having to run around to several different locations for various family events, but that's just part of being an "adult".
[Reply]
DaFace 09:43 AM 11-23-2021
I have to imagine it just depends on how you spend the holidays. I live near my wife's family but around 8 hours from most of mine, so the holidays are the set time of year when we always make it back at least once. I also get to see some of my close friends whose families live near mine. So while I don't really care about the gift giving side of it all, it's nice to get to see people I don't otherwise get to very often.

But all that said, I generally get along with family on both sides, so I don't have to deal with irritating people like some of you do.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:49 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I enjoy nearly everything about the time of year from Thanksgiving week through New Years. Only thing I dislike is having to run around to several different locations for various family events, but that's just part of being an "adult".
Move at least a thousand miles away.
Go visit the first holiday season.
Every holiday season after that say, it's your turn!
Sit back and enjoy the quiet house every year.
Profit.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:50 AM 11-23-2021
My wife has had enough of Thanksgiving. She didn’t grow up here in the U.S., so it’s just something she has tolerated for my benefit. We’ve discussed it over the past couple of autumns and now I’ve decided to give it up for her benefit. Once the leaves fall, we’re going directly into Christmas mode. She loves Christmas.
[Reply]
Cheater5 09:56 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is kind of hard to talk about, and I'm not certain of the words to explain why I don't like them.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Holidays mean little to me, really. Thanksgiving is fine- I enjoy the meal, but the season writ large seems like forced fun / forced obligations. We used to put up an 8" tall battery powered christmas tree for about 15 years, and that was it for decorations lol. My wife recently bought a 3' tall plastic tree, and she likes decorating it. As a kid I found the entire evolution of decorating, and then boxing stuff up to not be very enjoyable.

The non-stop christmas movies on TV (which are mostly bad, let's face it), and obnoxiously over-the-top decorations on every store front steer me towards being more apathetic than anything. I don't hate the holidays, but they mean as much to me as breast cancer awareness month.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:59 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
My wife has had enough of Thanksgiving. She didn’t grow up here in the U.S., so it’s just something she has tolerated for my benefit. We’ve discussed it over the past couple of autumns and now I’ve decided to give it up for her benefit. Once the leaves fall, we’re going directly into Christmas mode. She loves Christmas.
You just need to hand her a cookbook and an apron and tell her she should be "thankful" that you don't ship her ass back to whatever commie pinko hellhole she came from.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:59 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Move at least a thousand miles away.
Go visit the first holiday season.
Every holiday season after that say, it's your turn!
Sit back and enjoy the quiet house every year.
Profit.
Can my better half, myself, my 3 kids, and 8 various animals move into your spare bedroom?
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:02 AM 11-23-2021
Like the Holidays, hate the expectations.
I just want to spend time with the family and all that other shit is just stupid fluff.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:42 AM 11-23-2021
No, I like Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years.

It's the postgame, January-February that I could do without in New York.
[Reply]
Fish 10:53 AM 11-23-2021
Just take some marijuana edibles. Makes everything more fun. Gives you a big appetite, and there's mountains of food. If you get drowsy, you can just nap in your chair, it's totally normal.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 11:05 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Just take some marijuana edibles. Makes everything more fun. Gives you a big appetite, and there's mountains of food. If you get drowsy, you can just nap in your chair, it's totally normal.
This is sound advice
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:26 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Can my better half, myself, my 3 kids, and 8 various animals move into your spare bedroom?
You can move into my rental, but looks like I'll need a spreadsheet to figure out cleaning fees... are all 11 potty trained?
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:27 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Sounds like good advice until you find out cousin Jimmy got a job with the police department and he brought along his K9 partner Sniffles aka "Hippy Ripper."
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 11:30 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Sounds like good advice until you find out cousin Jimmy got a job with the police department and he brought along his K9 partner Sniffles aka "Hippy Ripper."
Doubtful, this isn't 1966
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:32 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
Doubtful, this isn't 1966
No shit?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up