ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This team can win the Super Bowl
rabblerouser 06:55 PM 11-22-2021
The offense doesn't have to be explosive like 2019 - with the defense playing like this, they just have to be efficient. Clean up the turnovers. Take the easy yards. Win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:33 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You can say that about alot of teams
Obviously for the Chiefs offense it's always been like that. But for some reason this year our backups on defense are the widest gulf from the starters I can ever remember.

If we ever have to play Sorenson, Hughes or Niemann most of the game again - we go from a pretty good defense to pretty shitty. And if we lose one of Jones, Clark or Ingram - we can't get there with four nearly as well - which changes everything.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:43 PM 11-23-2021
This team can defeat any team if the offense gets its stuff together and the defense stays improved.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:14 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
What other teams do you see that are constantly hitting on all cylinders? It’s the weirdest year I can ever remember. Nobody is dominating in the AFC, I feel like we will get our shit together, but no game is gonna be easy (especially with Wylie starting). The team has looked at lot more fluid the last 2 games, I’m seeing some of the stuff that we had been missing as a team the last 2 games. I just don’t see a team beating us if we’re playing our game.
Honestly, I don't. Every top-tier team this season has shit the bed at one point or another. There is no 'elite' team.

Look, the Chiefs are trending in the right direction, but the simple fact is this: no team has even made it to the Super Bowl scoring less than 48% of their drives.

The bottom line is the Chiefs have to increase their scoring efficiency by at least 24% over the next two-three games or they might as well pack it in.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:20 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Honestly, I don't. Every top-tier team this season has shit the bed at one point or another. There is no 'elite' team.

Look, the Chiefs are trending in the right direction, but the simple fact is this: no team has even made it to the Super Bowl scoring less than 48% of their drives.

The bottom line is the Chiefs have to increase their scoring efficiency by at least 24% over the next two-three games or they might as well pack it in.
okay, but this is cherry picking stats, too.

Earlier in the year, we were moving the ball at will, scoring a lot, but turning the ball over a lot-and a lot of that was weird tipped ball INT's and whatnot.

then we had a stretch of poor offense for a few games.

And now we've had a low scoring game with Dallas after dropping 40 on The Raiders.

So to pick the Dallas game in a vacuum and say this team is doomed if they don't score at a higher rate is kind of a bizarre take.

I don't think anyone thinks the performance of the offense against Dallas, NYG, GB or TENN is going to win you a SB.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:32 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
okay, but this is cherry picking stats, too.

Earlier in the year, we were moving the ball at will, scoring a lot, but turning the ball over a lot-and a lot of that was weird tipped ball INT's and whatnot.

then we had a stretch of poor offense for a few games.

And now we've had a low scoring game with Dallas after dropping 40 on The Raiders.

So to pick the Dallas game in a vacuum and say this team is doomed if they don't score at a higher rate is kind of a bizarre take.

I don't think anyone thinks the performance of the offense against Dallas, NYG, GB or TENN is going to win you a SB.
Dallas, TEN and GB have 3 of the better defenses in the league.
[Reply]
jettio 01:23 PM 11-24-2021
Checking on the app, Caesar's William Hill has Chiefs as second favorite at +750. Buccaneers are at +600, Bills at +800, Rams +850, Cardinals +900, Packers +1000, Cowboys +1100, Ravens +1200, Patriots +1500, Chargers +2500, Colts +3000.

The idea that sports media has some universal opinion about the Chiefs not having a shot seems not to make much sense based on the current odds, which are generally set by the opinion of the betting public.
[Reply]
ARROW2 05:55 PM 11-24-2021

All they have to do is score more than the other team in Jan-Feb.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:00 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
What other teams do you see that are constantly hitting on all cylinders? It’s the weirdest year I can ever remember. Nobody is dominating in the AFC, I feel like we will get our shit together, but no game is gonna be easy (especially with Wylie starting). The team has looked at lot more fluid the last 2 games, I’m seeing some of the stuff that we had been missing as a team the last 2 games. I just don’t see a team beating us if we’re playing our game.
I don't see a dominant team either. It's an odd season in that respect.

But my point is that we aren't playing 'our game.' Not yet. The defense finally gelled and looks pretty good at this point, but now the offense is having real trouble scoring. Especially in the 2nd half of games.

vs. TEN 4 possessions, 1 FG.

vs. NYG 4 possessions and just a pair of FGs.

vs. GB 5 2nd half possessions, 0 points. ZERO.

vs. DAL 5 possessions, just 1 FG.

That's just not going to cut it in the post-season. In the last 5 games KC has scored just 33 points in the 2nd halfs of those games combined. And 21 of those came in the LVR game.

They need to fix that, or I just don't see how they can reasonably expect to do much in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:12 PM 11-24-2021
Right now, Chiefs and Patriots. Cardinals and Packers - SB? Chiefs and Cardinals - just my .02
[Reply]
jdubya 11:43 PM 11-24-2021
I’ll get down voted of course but Good Lord:

Chiefs beat GB with out Rodgers…

Chiefs beat Dallas barely without Cooper….

Let’s just see what happens the next few weeks before believing KCs shit doesn’t Stink lol
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:48 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Right now, Chiefs and Patriots. Cardinals and Packers - SB? Chiefs and Cardinals - just my .02
Wait...weren't the Chiefs a certainty for picking top 10 two months ago...and the Bills weren't going to lose another game?

So what changed in your observation?

Did KC magically remember how to play football again...and Mahomes stopped suddenly throwing balls in the dirt?

At least Vegas got the SB favorite betting slant off their backs for 10 weeks...I'm sure a lot of poor suckers bet their kids college funds on their "surging" team......"This is our year...Chiefs have the worst defense in history and a SB hangover."

THAT is the best betting racket is all of sports...32 teams and only one winner. Cha-Ching...

Who ever was going to go to the SB...was going to get there before the season started....Packers/Chiefs? Rodgers picked a great week to become unavailable.

It will be at least 3 of the same 4 teams from 2020 Championship weekend....the rest is fodder.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:54 AM 11-25-2021
The average person fears the next 5 minutes, shaped by their version of the last 15 minutes. Social media influence is our present evil it seems. It's instantly available world wide.
[Reply]
xztop123 04:00 AM 11-25-2021
Is it possible tyreek hill has regressed? Looking at tape from our insane offense days he would just blow past coverages.
[Reply]
xztop123 04:04 AM 11-25-2021

I don’t understand. You’re telling me the 2000 ravens scored twice as often as this years chiefs?
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:30 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The average person fears the next 5 minutes, shaped by their version of the last 15 minutes. Social media influence is our present evil it seems. It's instantly available world wide.
Actually, they fear whatever they are told to fear...while pretending they have convictions and control over their lives. This is a pattern of history...not a new story. Self-inflated bravado...chest-puffers....to convince themselves they are into control of their decisions.

The grand illusion...the disconnect.

The NFL is just a microcosm of said lie...it's a diversionary device used by smarter men...light a fire off in the distance....better go put it out while they rape your wife.

If you didn't see it....it didn't happen. Funny how that works...it all comes back to the observer. Narcissism/centralism will always exist...man is ill-equipped to relinquish his ego...get it all, while you can....accumulate materials.

Go look at estate sales...the leftovers look like peripheral fallout of a life half-lived....focused on over-consumption....rats spinning on a covertly provided wheel....getting inadvertently electo-shocked into filling their basements with meaningless sludge. That baggage will eat your soul...omnipresent weight...shackled to your ankle. You are reminded of it...every time you take a step.

Tomorrow...remember...gratitude.

Be thankful....better isnt always better.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up