ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 71
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:27 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Take it for what it's worth, but Shaun Smith tweeted that there will be a trade between the AFC west and nfc west sometime this afternoon. Which seems to hint that kc is one of the parties. I know, I know... Random sources. But feel like he would have some inside info from kc.
Broncos are trading for Russell Wilson. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:27 AM 11-01-2021
Take it for what it's worth, but Shaun Smith tweeted that there will be a trade between the AFC west and nfc west sometime this afternoon. Which seems to hint that kc is one of the parties. I know, I know... Random sources. But feel like he would have some inside info from kc.
He was right, but it wasn't the Chiefs.
[Reply]
TEX 10:28 AM 11-01-2021

Robinson for Ramsey! DO OT Verch!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:28 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
He was right, but it wasn't the Chiefs.
Yep, Von Miller to the Rams.

Not sure how much he helps them as gimpy as he always is. Kinda meh.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:11 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think the technical term is emoticon. Some call them smilies for short. They've been a feature here forever, and on the internet even longer. Surprised you never noticed.
Right. I guess I just can't see somebody saying what you said out loud and then smiley winking at the end of it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:15 AM 11-01-2021
Damn. Shaun Smith nailed it. Holy shit.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:45 AM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think what's equally frustrating is the hypocrisy of it all.

When he says something stupid, he thinks he can say "Hey, I'm a passionate guy and I was frustrated..." and we'll forgive him.
I completely disagree. I think very few people truly understand what top athletes who are extremely competitive go through and expect from themselves every day. I believe the HB is giving his all and expects the D to rise above and it's not happening, he's getting a ton of shit for it and he went off.

I think social media is not a good place for the vast majority of elite athletes to go. IMO the Chiefs fans are not toxic as a whole. I don't think you can judge the average Chiefs fan based on social media Chiefs fans. I think we have a great fan base. With that in mind, is ChiefsPlanet toxic? Absolutely. Social media in general is extremely toxic. Life under Covid and the stress that goes with it has brought out the worst in posters making it even more toxic as people lash out at anything that frustrates them.

Performance is a separate issue. Although I understand but certainly don't condone the HB's behavior I see a lot heads rolling at the end of the year, especially on defense. I am still hopeful they can turn it around but I would be lying if I said I was optimistic.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:03 PM 11-01-2021
Jesus Christ. He went off when it wasn’t even about him.

It was an article about Clark, Hitchens and some draft picks. Hitchens chimed in and Mathieu backed him up.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 12:05 PM 11-01-2021
I kind of like that he did it. Takes the heat off of his teammates and puts it on himself.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:14 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah that's not how it works at all. If they're not @'d, then they'd have to either be following that account or search for that shit in order to see it.

There's no way Hitchens could have seen that post unless he was searching his name.
It would seem it would show up in their mentions.

Likely someone sent it to him. You really think these guys are sitting around searching their name on Twitter?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It would seem it would show up in their mentions.

Likely someone sent it to him. You really think these guys are sitting around searching their name on Twitter?
Mathieu literally responded after the Titans game to a reporter who claimed he said something. Pretty sure he wasn’t tagged in it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:20 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower:
I kind of like that he did it. Takes the heat off of his teammates and puts it on himself.
The fuck it does. All Hitchens and Mathieu did was confirm what we all knew, that this defense is led by a bunch of lazy fucks that have cashed out, checked out, and are more than content to live off past glory.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:41 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The **** it does. All Hitchens and Mathieu did was confirm what we all knew, that this defense is led by a bunch of lazy ****s that have cashed out, checked out, and are more than content to live off past glory.
All it does is give you something to feed your own internal narrative to what you think is going on. It doesn't actually "confirm" anything. The real truth is none of us actually KNOW what's going on with the defense other than they are underperforming.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:48 PM 11-01-2021
Can we bring Ron Parker back
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:54 PM 11-01-2021
There are other ways articles can get to players even if not directed at the athlete. Often times, Twitter users will retweet the message and tag the player, sometimes offering commentary on their own. That being said, HB strikes me as a guy that tries to find what people are saying about him.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 71
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up