ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 71
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
DRM08 10:22 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But obviously his comments are way out of line. It will be interesting to see how Clark hunt addresses this. That comment is obviously flat out unacceptable.
Frankly that comment is more deserving of termination than Kareem Hunt's actions. The players would not be making one penny without the fans creating a high dollar market through TV viewership, ticket sales, merchandise sales, and so forth.
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:23 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
We can still be 13-4 dumbass!
This defense is getting its shit pushed by Twitter currently. And you think this D is going to win 10 in a row? Genius
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:24 PM 10-29-2021
None of this shit will matter if the Chiefs somehow rattle off four wins in a row. All will be forgiven.

But if they keep sucking it just gets more and more magnified. HB needs to learn that some rando on twitter with 60 followers is not the entire Chiefs fan base, and also be able to take criticism.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:25 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wouldn't use the word toxic, but the fanbase has been whining like a spoiled brat this year. I get why it bothers players who take the brunt of it.
Mahomes talked about going 20-0 this season.

Many players on this team have talked frequently about establishing a dynasty and winning multiple Super Bowls.

So why are fans considered to be “whining like spoiled brats” when expectations set by the players are not being met?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:25 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Gotta wonder if the whining from Chiefs fans actually is whining when our defense is literally the worst in the league and historically one of the worst of all time.
It certainly doesn’t meet the definition of whining in my book.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:26 PM 10-29-2021
I think the defense would get less hate from fans if they just made one simple change:

Instead of being bad at football, just be good at football.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:27 PM 10-29-2021
The defense needs an enema. That’s not the fault of the fans.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:29 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think the defense would get less hate from fans if they just made one simple change:

Instead of being bad at football, just be good at football.
Heck, I think people would be happy with a "decent" level of performance by the defense instead of being one of the worst defenses in league history. Not even "good" is required...just "decent" would make a lot of us happy.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:31 PM 10-29-2021
So these defensive players are in "lower your expectations" mode....problem is, we cant...they are 32nd ranked defense.

Not expecting your team to be the very worst at something isn't being spoiled...these dudes need to get off Twitter and starting showing a pulse on the football field.

THEY are the ones that appear spoiled...waiting for Mahomes to consistently bail their sorry asses out.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:31 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Gotta wonder if the whining from Chiefs fans actually is whining when our defense is literally the worst in the league and historically one of the worst of all time.
Of course it's ok to be upset but the sky is falling shit is a bad look for the fans. It reeks of bandwagon jumping. When you have fans legit talking about a back to back super bowl head coach as trash, you've got an entitlement issue.

Again not at all justifying Mathieu or Hitchens behavior.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:33 PM 10-29-2021
I don't think Tyrann was including me in that statement. We have no quarrel.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Heck, I think people would be happy with a "decent" level of performance by the defense instead of being one of the worst defenses in league history. Not even "good" is required...just "decent" would make a lot of us happy.
I said it before. If they were average…people would be ecstatic. They can’t even get to average at this point.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:35 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My old town Clarksville, TN representing

Bitcher & Hitch can catch the next junk to Shanghai
They have a White Castle!!
[Reply]
Bump 10:37 PM 10-29-2021
that's it, **** both of them.

Honestly, I've never seen any hate for HB. Most fans seemed to really like having him here in KC.

Hitchens just has never done shit, we certainly didn't accomplish those things because of him.

they both can **** right off. no wonder the team is imploding
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:39 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
So, does this mean it really is our fault?

Okay, the fanatics are fanatical and expect the team to be successful. We spend our hard earned money to watch a bunch of grown men play a game and we are the toxic ones?

Yeah, sounds like some players don't appreciate or deserve the loyal fanbase of the Chiefs and could do with a change of scenery.
Adding to this ....crazykirk gives me cause for reflection-

Who is "our" and "we"?
I am a fan of the Chiefs. They are the team I love and have been for 40 plus years. The Chiefs are not "mine".
It's pro football. I get pissed when "they" lay a turd and rejoice when "they" win the SB. I will never say "we won". I did not win, nor was I any part of the victory. Just the team I root for doing good or not.

I have been a Fan (atic) for more years than most of the planet posters have been alive. It is a passion and I fly my CHIEFS pride 365 in a land of Donk. Chiefs win, Chiefs lose. Did I win or lose? No. The 70's thru today- My colors have not wavered.

I cannot control what is happening but I sure as hell can voice my opinion.
Frank Clark sucks. Jones is a joke. Badger is a waste and PM is trying too hard to make up for the shit show that the team finds itself in. All of which I believe is true.

At the end of the day/season/life nobody will ever be able to say Shiver was a fair weather fan. I am a fan. "we" did not win and "we" did not lose. Chiefs won Chiefs lost.
I will call a spade a spade, a turd a turd and an ace an ace. None of which has anything to do with the weather or who I root for.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 71
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up