ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 131
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:15 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh, I'm never going to go to bat for Dwight Howard. Apart from being just a weird dude and by many accounts a lousy teammate, he just wasn't a skilled player.

This isn't Shaq here who had a variety of low-post moves he could go to. And he didn't even play during the 'no zone defense' years like Shaq did in his prime. He was out there just being a big body allowed to hover in the defensive zone and alter shots or set up for rebounds. And when he was putting up big rebound numbers he was on an undersized team that just cleared out and let him scoop them all up.

He was a more chiseled version of Horace Grant. He is a put-back player on offense with no handles, no passing ability and no real moves to speak of. On defense he played in an era that made it awfully easy for him as space/pace hadn't come into vogue yet and big guys could go into zone shells to keep their miles down.

He was never a key contributor (even a top 5 option) on a championship team. While he made the finals that one year in Orlando, he also took 3 pretty lousy 1st round losses including 2 during what would have been his peak years.

So many people have gotten onto 'Dwight Howard was underrated' train that he's become overrated. Yes, we're early in AD's career but just cutting it off through their respective age 28 seasons, Davis has been more accomplished, far more productive and versatile on offense and a comparable defensive player in an era where it's harder for big men to make a defensive impact.

I really don't have a problem with it, especially when you know they try to make these with an eye on the future. By age 29 Dwight Howard had effectively become an NBA journeyman who was well on his way to a bench role. I think it's fair to believe that Davis will age far better than that.

In five years I don't think this will be any kind of discussion at all, and that's presuming that it should be right this very minute.
The simple fact alone he took his team to the Finals and beat Lebron James in the ECF makes him more deserving than AD and he didn't have to leave to form a super team to do it. He even did that in Year 5. By year 5 AD had made 1 playoff appearance.

I think people forget how dominant DHoward was.

Originally Posted by :
During his prime Magic years (2006-07 through 2011-12), Howard posted 20.0 points (59.2 percent shooting), 13.6 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game. He was Orlando's franchise cornerstone, leading the team to 50-plus wins in four straight regular seasons (2007-08 through 2010-11) and an NBA Finals appearance in 2009. Howard wasn't just the most dominant big man at the time — he was also a constant part of the NBA MVP discussion, finishing in the top five in MVP voting four times. He was second to only Derrick Rose in 2010-11.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:37 PM 11-19-2021
Dwight Howard was very good for a time. I'd rank his career above AD's for now. Doubt that will be the case for long though (even if AD spends most games half assing it).
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:57 PM 11-19-2021
I'm not saying that the pistons are any good. But, the fact that curry, green, iggy, porter (and of course klay and wiseman) are all out and the Warriors are still winning handily says something.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:04 PM 11-19-2021
Lebron is back and they still get blown out by a very mediocre Celtics team.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:24 PM 11-19-2021
Bulls win in Denver for the first time since 2006

Woof
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:34 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Lebron is back and they still get blown out by a very mediocre Celtics team.
Still think they’ll be one of the favorites? Vegas still has them 2nd somehow but they’re just a total disaster of a team.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:10 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Still think they’ll be one of the favorites? Vegas still has them 2nd somehow but they’re just a total disaster of a team.
Currently no that is GSW but ask me again right before the playoffs.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:27 PM 11-21-2021
Isaiah Stewart of Pistons crazily going after Lebron after Lecheapshot elbowed him in the face.

Lebron don’t want no part of it either.

He was ejected from the game. As was Stewart.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:29 PM 11-21-2021
Lebron will have an "injury" and won't play the time they see Detroit. I don't hate on him for the cheap shot...the shitty part was not owning it and firing back at Stewart. That would have been some old school shit.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:36 PM 11-21-2021
Sparked the Lakers though. Turned it around and got the win when they were down 13 at the time.

The clip I watched on espn had such LeBron biased announcers. 'Inadvertant elbow' and 'just jostling for position' and then the kicker when the overhead shot clearly showed LeBron going extra and hitting him 'well that angle didn't really show the two involved.' Bullshit it didnt.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:45 PM 11-21-2021

OH DEAR https://t.co/sbVYzrXLAm

— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) November 22, 2021

[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:21 PM 11-22-2021
1 game suspension for LeBron. 2 for the other dude.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:32 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Sparked the Lakers though. Turned it around and got the win when they were down 13 at the time.

The clip I watched on espn had such LeBron biased announcers. 'Inadvertant elbow' and 'just jostling for position' and then the kicker when the overhead shot clearly showed LeBron going extra and hitting him 'well that angle didn't really show the two involved.' Bullshit it didnt.
Although I’m not sure he meant to hit him in the face, LeBron definitely meant to give Stewart a shot. I’m not exactly sure what Stewart is doing on that play because if he was actually going after the rebound and trying to make a basketball play, his focus would have been on Jordan (the low man on the block there) rather than putting his forearm into LeBron (who is just returning from an abdominal injury in that general area).

Stewart has gotten into a number of altercations already in his short career including one with Blake Griffin a few weeks ago where he was ejected and Giannis last year, so it does appear he is out there effectively picking these fights. He’s lucky he didn’t get more than two games for completely losing his mind last night.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:55 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Although I’m not sure he meant to hit him in the face, LeBron definitely meant to give Stewart a shot. I’m not exactly sure what Stewart is doing on that play because if he was actually going after the rebound and trying to make a basketball play, his focus would have been on Jordan (the low man on the block there) rather than putting his forearm into LeBron (who is just returning from an abdominal injury in that general area).

Stewart has gotten into a number of altercations already in his short career including one with Blake Griffin a few weeks ago where he was ejected and Giannis last year, so it does appear he is out there effectively picking these fights. He’s lucky he didn’t get more than two games for completely losing his mind last night.
An abdominal injury in the armpit? That's an interesting spot for one.

Regardless, I would have given LeBron 2 games and Stewart 4-5. If he hadn't went back at him two times I'd have said they both needed 2 games. But he kinda lost his damn mind.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:15 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
An abdominal injury in the armpit? That's an interesting spot for one.

Regardless, I would have given LeBron 2 games and Stewart 4-5. If he hadn't went back at him two times I'd have said they both needed 2 games. But he kinda lost his damn mind.
I'd probably just go ahead and suspend Westbrook for 60. Just to be safe.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 131
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up