I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:59 AM 09-23-2021
RB6 at Alabama would be an upgrade.
[Reply]
notorious 09:26 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Other than his first game last season, he's been very below average player.

Or at least he's been very below average for what the Chiefs need him to be.

Chiefs need a true 3-down RB....CEH is not that. He's a Darren Sproles type of player.

I know it's kicking a dead horse at this point and much time has passed, but Kareem Hunt was the perfect back for this team and it sucks he's a complete dumbass who got kicked off the team. He made this teams offense virtually upstoppable.

Too bad Kareem Hunts don't grow on trees.
He can’t carry Sprole’s jock.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:30 AM 09-23-2021

Chiefs need a true 3-down RB....CEH is not that. He's a Darren Sproles type of player.

I know it's kicking a dead horse at this point and much time has passed, but Kareem Hunt was the perfect back for this team and it sucks he's a complete dumbass who got kicked off the team. He made this teams offense virtually upstoppable.

Darren Sproles is what they hope CEH could be. The thing is, Sproles had true speed. Clyde has similar quickness and great lateral agility. He can juke some fools. But straight line speed seems lacking. Especially this year for whatever reason. It's possible he's been nursing an injury or is still affected by the injury last year. I don't know. That groin injury looked horrific.

Prime Darren Sproles on this offense would be...unfair.
[Reply]
-King- 09:31 AM 09-23-2021

There isn't a single thing CEH does as good or better than Sproles other than grow a little taller.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:40 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Great blocking. But Clyde doesn’t have the speed to gain more than a yard or two.

I don't think that's fair. I don't think speed had anything to do with why this didn't break off.

The DB read the play the whole time and came barreling down, unblocked.

CEH had to run 6 yards just to get back to the LoS, and he had to do it while angling towards the sideline, meanwhile an unblocked DB is coming down hill, squaring him up.

It was a 3 yard gain, but a 9 yard run. I've always hated those plays that start so deep in the backfield.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:44 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't think that's fair. I don't think speed had anything to do with why this didn't break off.

The LB was blocked by OB & the end initially bit on the pulling guard, which caused him to crash in then react back outside. The problem is CEH was too slow to turn upfield and thus the DE forced him to bounce towards the sideline and directly into the DB. If CEH had made a proper quick cut to the inside of OB's block, that DB is isolated outside and does not make that play. CEH likely would have been caught by that DE, considering how slow he was running towards the LOS.

Either that DE is insanely fast, or CEH made a bad read, or CEH is plain slow (probably a combination of all three)
[Reply]
lcarus 09:45 AM 09-23-2021

It was a good play by Elliott. If that was the Chiefs defense, that play might've been a TD.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:48 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
The LB was blocked by OB & the end initially bit on the pulling guard, which caused him to crash in, then react back outside. The problem is CEH was too slow to turn upfield and thus the DE forced him to bounce towards the sideline and directly into the DB.

Either that DE is insanely fast, or CEH made a bad read, or CEH is plain slow (probably a combination of all three)
He outran the DE just fine, but Elliot outran CEH to the sideline. The DE's only affect here was not allowing CEH to turn it back inside once Elliot had the angle on him.

Don't start a play 6 yards in the backfield like that unless you got goddamn Jamal Charles back there.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:50 AM 09-23-2021
He outran the DE just fine, but Elliot outran CEH to the sideline. The DE's only affect here was not allowing CEH to turn it back inside once Elliot had the angle on him.

Don't start a play 6 yards in the backfield like that unless you got goddamn Jamal Charles back there.
Fair point, re: JC. He had the speed to make that cut to the inside of OB's block, sealing the LB and DB to the edge, and also outrun that end. Same goes for Kareem Hunt. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 09:51 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Fair point, re: JC. He had the speed to make that cut to the inside of OB's block, sealing the LB and DB to the edge, and also outrun that end. Same goes for Kareem Hunt. :-)
Steve Bono could out sprint CEH.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:53 AM 09-23-2021
I'm rooting for him to have a big game. Just to shut us all up ala Orlando Brown.
[Reply]
wazu 09:56 AM 09-23-2021
I'm rooting for him to have a big game. Just to shut us all up ala Orlando Brown.
Same here. Would love it if this thread got put alongside “Has Priest lost his burst?”, and all of the fire Andy Reid threads.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:19 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Same here. Would love it if this thread got put alongside “Has Priest lost his burst?”, and all of the fire Andy Reid threads.
He had a couple big games last year, as most RB’s do depending on matchups. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s a jag.

Definitely not someone worth a late first round pick.

You can find guys like him in the 4th/5th round.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:37 AM 09-23-2021
He's going to have a better game because the Chargers are far less interested in stopping the run than Baltimore and the Browns. Hopefully that then sets him up - confidence higher, over-thinking less.

I think with CEH it's as much the draft position. He might be OK, he might be better than that, and it may be that some of the fault is with a new OL, but it's probably reasonable people have expected more from him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:51 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He's going to have a better game because the Chargers are far less interested in stopping the run than Baltimore and the Browns. Hopefully that then sets him up - confidence higher, over-thinking less.

I think with CEH it's as much the draft position. He might be OK, he might be better than that, and it may be that some of the fault is with a new OL, but it's probably reasonable people have expected more from him.
He hasn't been "okay", though. His first couple of games this season he's performed like one of the worst RBs in the entire league. He's clearly got something going on right now, physically or mentally.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 80
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up