Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:19 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Ran for 7 YPC in the SB last year. People are being really reactionary to him having 2 bad games. The fumble, as bad of a play as it was by him, is also just as much Thuneys fault for letting Oweh into the backfield untouched.
It’s not about just having 2 bad games. It’s about appearing to have zero burst and being undersized with little power.

If you aren’t fast, quick, or powerful, then I don’t see how those issues can be fixed. Sure, he looked better last year but does that really matter?

If Mahomes gets fooled by coverage, then that’s correctable. If Mathieu bites on a play action, that’s also correctable. If Kelce drops a pass, that’s correctable.

How do you correct a running back who appears to physically be incapable of being a legitimate weapon? It’s like hoping that Sorensen can somehow become fast enough to not be a liability in coverage.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:00 PM 09-21-2021
Ran for 7 YPC in the SB last year. People are being really reactionary to him having 2 bad games. The fumble, as bad of a play as it was by him, is also just as much Thuneys fault for letting Oweh into the backfield untouched.
The fumble is 100% CEH's fault. Does not matter if the entire OLine were to just stand there and watch the defenders run through and tackle him. Fumble would still be CEH's fault.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:06 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The fumble is 100% CEH's fault. Does not matter if the entire OLine were to just stand there and watch the defenders run through and tackle him. Fumble would still be CEH's fault.
CEH took the handoff at about the 38 then fumbled at around the 33.

If CEH lost yardage, sure blame Thuney. Anyone implying that CEH couldn’t get a grip on the ball because he was hit too early needs to go rewatch the play.

CEH took several steps before he was hit. There’s no blaming anyone for else for that.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:18 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
CEH took the handoff at about the 38 then fumbled at around the 33.

If CEH lost yardage, sure blame Thuney. Anyone implying that CEH couldn’t get a grip on the ball because he was hit too early needs to go rewatch the play.

CEH took several steps before he was hit. There’s no blaming anyone for else for that.
He took the ball at the 37, the ball was out right after he crossed the 35, less than 1 second after receiving the handoff. Nearly 3yds behind the LOS. Never mind the right side of the OL being pushed 2yds behind the LOS. On a designed run play no less. At least get the facts right

Name me one RB that you can expect to succeed in that moment getting hit 3yds behind the LOS because the OL is getting their shit pushed in?
[Reply]
-King- 12:21 PM 09-21-2021
The fact that you're bringing up a game where he had 64 yards as his good game should tell you something.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:27 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
He took the ball at the 37, the ball was out right after he crossed the 35, less than 1 second after receiving the handoff. Nearly 3yds behind the LOS. Never mind the right side of the OL being pushed 2yds behind the LOS. On a designed run play no less. At least get the facts right

Name me one RB that you can expect to succeed in that moment getting hit 3yds behind the LOS because the OL is getting their shit pushed in?
So you’re arguing he took the ball at the 37 and not the 38. Then he fumbled at the 34.5 not the 33. We’re splitting hairs here, but okay. The point is that he didn’t get hit as he was taking the handoff. In the NFL, that’s plenty of time to secure the ball.

No one is saying another running back would’ve gain positive yardage. The point is simply that he fumbled, and blaming anyone else is just making excuses for him.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 12:28 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not a single trait has translated. Vision. Lateral agility. Ball security. Receiving threat both in the backfield and slot. Running out of shotgun. Not a single one. It's so ****ing bizzare.
He has one fumble in his career.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 12:36 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
The fact that you're bringing up a game where he had 64 yards as his good game should tell you something.
He only had 9 carries, dude. Come on. He has obviously had more productive games than that (138 yards vs. Houston, 161 yards vs. Buffalo).
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:45 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So you’re arguing he took the ball at the 37 and not the 38. Then he fumbled at the 34.5 not the 33. We’re splitting hairs here, but okay. The point is that he didn’t get hit as he was taking the handoff. In the NFL, that’s plenty of time to secure the ball.

No one is saying another running back would’ve gain positive yardage. The point is simply that he fumbled, and blaming anyone else is just making excuses for him.
No. I am arguing the play was busted from the get go which led to the result of the fumble. As I have said earlier, CEH has his responsibilities there without question. Laying all blame on his feet without looking at the entirety of the play is simply doing disservice to getting those issues fixed. The OL has responsibilities as well. They did not meet those responsibilities either. No blame is deserved on one persons feet. It is a team effort. From whistle to whistle.

Mahomes threw an bad interception, the DL line plays uninspired, the LB are lost. half the secondary is dumb, losing a double digit lead. We can all point to one thing, if we want to. Point is all those things added up to a loss. Not just one sole thing.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:23 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
No. I am arguing the play was busted from the get go which led to the result of the fumble. As I have said earlier, CEH has his responsibilities there without question. Laying all blame on his feet without looking at the entirety of the play is simply doing disservice to getting those issues fixed. The OL has responsibilities as well. They did not meet those responsibilities either. No blame is deserved on one persons feet. It is a team effort. From whistle to whistle.

Mahomes threw an bad interception, the DL line plays uninspired, the LB are lost. half the secondary is dumb, losing a double digit lead. We can all point to one thing, if we want to. Point is all those things added up to a loss. Not just one sole thing.
Busted play does not result in fumble. CEH not securing the football resulted in the fumble.

The fumble is 1000000000% on CEH.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:38 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
He has one fumble in his career.
I won’t make the argument that ball security is somehow now a consistent issue. It happened once at the worst possible time. Sucks, not not necessarily something that needs to be held against him as a major flaw.

I’m just also not going to blame anyone else for it.
[Reply]
Otter 02:18 PM 09-21-2021
If I were OC I'd give CEH the rock often this weekend to see where he's at mentally and physiclly with a Gore Player Pass already printed.

Time to shit or get off the pot.

He lost us a pretty important game.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:39 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:

He lost us a pretty important game.
If we beat the Ravens, then turn around and beat the Chargers at home, we're already up 2 games on the Bolts in the loss column and own the tiebreaker on them. Not to mention the home-field advantage on the Ravens.

What could've been.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:52 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
If we beat the Ravens, then turn around and beat the Chargers at home, we're already up 2 games on the Bolts in the loss column and own the tiebreaker on them. Not to mention the home-field advantage on the Ravens.

What could've been.
You realize the Ravens are unlikely to finish as the top seed?

Their roster is depleted and not every opponent will make their tackles play like Anthony Munoz. If they don't get healthy fast, they're going to have issues. That's a tough division they're in.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:58 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
He only had 9 carries, dude. Come on. He has obviously had more productive games than that (138 yards vs. Houston, 161 yards vs. Buffalo).
The problem is that he hasn’t had a performance like those in a looong time

I’m over the fumble, ball security is one of his primary calling cards… the real problem is how he’s looked two games into the season

Much has been made about his vision, but I don’t think it’s that anymore… IMO it’s the hip injury, he sees the holes but isn’t confident enough to make those hard jump cuts to exploit them

This regime is as bad as Belichick about honesty regarding injuries, there’s something we’re not being told IMO
[Reply]
Page 11 of 80
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up