ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
srvy 02:46 PM 04-25-2021
Dang, prayers sent for one of my favorite planeteers and fellow ZZ Top fan. Hoping it was mild and just a lil warning to get that ticker back to health.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:49 PM 04-25-2021
Oh No!, God's speed buddy! May God Bless you a quick recovery and comfort for the family.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:54 PM 04-25-2021
Surprised this hasn't been stickied yet, we'll be wanting updates etc
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:55 PM 04-25-2021
Fuck.

Consider it done.
[Reply]
FAX 02:55 PM 04-25-2021
Damn.

Prayers out and up.

FAX
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:00 PM 04-25-2021
Oh WTF.

Prayers for sure.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:10 PM 04-25-2021
Prayers for him and his family for a full and speedy recovery.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:13 PM 04-25-2021
Prayers to him and his family..
[Reply]
Bowser 03:16 PM 04-25-2021
Glad to read they've got him under control. Sending all the good mojo I can his way.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:32 PM 04-25-2021
Get well soon, NZoner. We have to keep educating younger people about Springsteen.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 03:33 PM 04-25-2021
Prayers for him and the family.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 03:43 PM 04-25-2021
Shit. I love you Joe.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:47 PM 04-25-2021
Just got off the phone.

He is in great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

They put a stint in and will know more in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone..
[Reply]
wazu 03:50 PM 04-25-2021
Get well soon, Nzoner. Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Praying for a speedy recovery.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 03:50 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Just got off the phone.

He is great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

They put a stint in and will know more in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone..
That is great news...all things considered.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up