ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 32
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:37 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Don't know him, but have met a lot of you who do. Every one of you guys are quality people. So I assume Nzoner is as well. Consider it done!
He’s as good as anyone here.
[Reply]
2112 01:38 PM 04-25-2021
Prayers buddy, hang in there.

I’ve had the honor of visiting the Nzoner estate and both the legendary game room and his wife’s legendary NASCAR room. Great guy
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:43 PM 04-25-2021
Godspeed to a CP legend
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:05 PM 04-25-2021
Prayers indeed .

Hope he gets a full recovery this sucks.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 02:05 PM 04-25-2021
Prayers sent.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 02:07 PM 04-25-2021
Damn. Prayers sent.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:08 PM 04-25-2021
prayers sent!
[Reply]
Donger 02:08 PM 04-25-2021
Oh no. Prayers to him and his family.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:11 PM 04-25-2021
That's awful. Get well soon Nzoner
[Reply]
Frazod 02:24 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
He’s as good as anyone here.
He's better than that. Can't think of anyone who's come close to doing as much for so many people here. All the times he's opened his home up for us, dealing not only with the crazed drunken hijinks but the aftermath none of us saw. He and his wife should be sainted. Just not anytime soon.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:34 PM 04-25-2021
Well shit... hope you get better soon Nzoner.
[Reply]
TLO 02:37 PM 04-25-2021
Is this the fireworks dude?

Hoping he gets better soon.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:38 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He's better than that. Can't think of anyone who's come close to doing as much for so many people here. All the times he's opened his home up for us, dealing not only with the crazed drunken hijinks but the aftermath none of us saw. He and his wife should be sainted. Just not anytime soon.
I completely agree. I wasn’t trying to undersell him by any means. I just know that there are others here who have been extremely generous and helpful in their own ways and I did not want to slight them.

So let me say it another way: he’s as good as they come and definitely better than most.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:38 PM 04-25-2021
oh my. Doing what it takes.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:44 PM 04-25-2021
Thoughts and prayers! Recover!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 32
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up